G Roberto Luongo

F Mason Raymond

F Bill Sweatt

To Vancouver

F Clarke MacArthur

D Cody Franson

F Matt Frattin

2013 2nd round pick

I really like the idea of adding Cody Franson as a right handed depth defenseman, with the loss of Salo he would more than fill the void left on the right side. He is a 6'5" 213 pound BC boy, with good defensive zone skills.

MacArthur would be a great addition to our offensive depth as a third line LWer, and Frattin right handed RWer has some good potential to be a 2-way depth forward with offensive upside.

I'd be satisfied with a deal like this.

not bad but then Higgins would have to be put at RW on the second line and Kassian would be stuck on the fourth leaving no room for Frattin. Either that or MacArthur is stuck on the fourth. Also i like Franson but one of Tanev or Franson would be a scratch for most of the season because they are both right shots.

not to mention toronto wins this trade

not bad but then Higgins would have to be put at RW on the second line and Kassian would be stuck on the fourth leaving no room for Frattin. Either that or MacArthur is stuck on the fourth. Also i like Franson but one of Tanev or Franson would be a scratch for most of the season because they are both right shots.

not to mention toronto wins this trade

This is going to sound really biased, but I wouldn't want any T.O. players coming this way in a trade because there's such a stench of defeat within the whole organization. I would worry that any current Leaf coming this way would infect our winning culture like an STD.

I do believe Toronto would be a natural trade partner from a needs point of view. Our second line needs help, but I believe it could be addressed in house. Our D could use some solid depth and our bottom six could be improved. I don't know how it could get done, but two players that would be in my sights from Toronto would be Franson and Colborne. Both would provide much needed size and skill. I don't feel they've reached their full potential yet and could use a change of scenery. I know Burke doesn't want to include either in a deal but he has to know he's not getting something for nothing.

Healthy line up:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Colborne - Kassian/Pinizzotto

Weise - Malhotra - Kassian/Pinizzotto

Edler - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Garrison

Ballard - Franson

Schneider

?

Archived