The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meeting An NHL Player

I met David Jones when he was playing for the Coquitlam Express. I was about 7 or 8.

Dude tricked me into squeezing my chin and flicking it (I can't remember why he said to do it), had the worst bruise for weeks.

I've also met a fair share of former Canucks including but not limited to Ohlund, Sopel, Klatt, Morrison, Bulis, Naslund, Bertuzzi, and Chubarov (only ones I have autographs from or vividly remember)

I also have met Dave Lowry several times, he was someone I used to knows Uncle.

Met Geoff Courtnall in 2004. He was in line behind me at the passport office. Had a nice long chat with him (the line at the passport office is slow) about the 94 run. Nice guy.

Was coming back from Vegas one time and saw Geoff Courtnall once again in the line up at McCarran airport, but he was 2 rows over so didn't say anything.

Met Brian Leetch at the airport in Philly on the way to Boston in 2011.

Met Bob McCammon outside Roger's after game 2 of the finals. Nice guy.

As I live in Windsor, I had the pleasure of meeting Zach Kassian at one of the spitfire games 2 years ago. He may come off as quiet and a poor speaker to the media, but this is merely nerves I think as he was very vocal and friendly. Oh and Humangus Big.

Met Lidstrom + Big Bert after a Red wings vs. Avelanche game, I was a bit star struck.

Met Torres last time they came to the Joe as well, told him how bummed I was that he wasn't a nuck anymore...

I really want to meet Raffi Torres.

Only two that i have ever met were Mason Raymond, and Manny Malhottra

both of them came into my work.

Raymond actually saw me looking at him, excused himself from his girlfriend and walked across the showroom floor to come and introduce himself to me, ended up chatting for 10 minutes or so, really nice guy.

Manny, i just met 3 days ago. We had a wuick chat and he was really friendly.

p.s. Manny looks like he is in INCREDIBLE shape.....i mean INCREDIBLE!!!! i told him so and he said that he was been working harder than he ever has been this off season

As I live in Windsor, I had the pleasure of meeting Zach Kassian at one of the spitfire games 2 years ago. He may come off as quiet and a poor speaker to the media, but this is merely nerves I think as he was very vocal and friendly. Oh and Humangus Big.

Met Lidstrom + Big Bert after a Red wings vs. Avelanche game, I was a bit star struck.

Met Torres last time they came to the Joe as well, told him how bummed I was that he wasn't a nuck anymore...

I have met Mason Raymond and Samuelsson at a golf event.

Shane O'Brian, Kyle Wellwood, Burrows, Dave Scatchard at a BC Lions game

David Booth downtown.

Ryan Walter at Staples

Funny story , my mother met Martin Gélinas. And was like "oh, your a Canuck player!" and he laughed saying "yeah I am" and my mother is like "Brett Hidican right?" and he laughed saying "no I'm Gelinas" and my moms like "oh..."

No word of a lie. Funniest thing ever!

Met Teemu Selanne and Jari Kurri in Forssa, Finland back in 93'.

Cory Hirsch at a Kamloops Blazers elite camp.

Donald Brashear at GM Place dressing rooms. I was a linesman for the little kiddie game between periods and he popped in to visit the kids.

Russ Courtnall at a junior practice. Didnt like him, he lit me up soooo bad! JK, he was a nice guy.

Bruce Cowick - He was my Bantam AAA coach. Or was it Peewee? Cant remember.

Archived