The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

9 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Nice team win by the Seahawks this afternoon edging out the 49ers 25-23. Wilson threw 258 yards for 1 TD. Rawls got a rushing TD in the game. Hauschka nailed few clutch FGS.  Overall, it was a back and forth game. 49ers dominated the early part of the game but Seahawks are known for their clutch 2nd halfs and that was certainly the case today. What a way to end the season. A solid 10-5-1 record. Can't wait for this year's playoff run to the Super Bowl hopefully. Rep ping my Seahawks snap back and sweater for them. Go Seahawks!

Seahawks have been very average this year. And the record shows it. An average year. Very inconsistent. Don't count out the Seahawks in the playoffs though with a Pete Carroll led team but who knows if the offence will show up and score a TD. It's either they'll score plenty in a game or they can only seem to get FGs

10 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Honestly that is the only truly good matchup on paper next week.

Not very confident in Detroit giving Seattle a good game having to go cross country and play Seattle at home where they never lose in the playoffs.

Steelers should best the Dolphins facing a backup comfortably.

Then you have Raiders and Texans which has potential to be very low scoring with another backup QB involved.

I'll probably tune in to all of them, just to make sure I don't miss any surprise games. I think @Apple Juice nailed it on Seattle. You never know what offence, if any, is going to show up and the run game hasn't helped much lately. Still, I'd not want to be a road team in Seattle as history says a loss is coming, and I don't see the Lions as having the spoiler possibilities that the Giants have. 

Oakland. Such a promising season gone to $&!#. Dolphins might as well stay home.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Looks like the hottest HC candidates are: Josh McDaniels and Kyle Shanahan, 

49'ers on the right track, trying to get both GM and HC from Pats ... 

McDaniels originally failed in Denver because he wanted personnel control like Belichick instead of focusing on coaching.

Chip Kelly is just a poor fit for leading men and a pro offence.

18 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

On purpose?!  I have no choice but to watch them because I've been a fan since 1980, but you do have a choice!  :lol:

I have a choice as a guy who's lived his entire life in BC, but my all-time favorite player is Jim Kelly, so I'm kind of stuck...

I hope the Bills give the HC to Lynn. I'm tired of trying to make it work with the re-treads. I also hope whoever the new guy is can smooth things over with Taylor, as it looks like he wasn't happy with the benching against the Jets.

Like GB says, sucks for the Raiders. A game where the Texans should have been overmatched now becomes a toss-up.

I think the best WC game will easily be the Giants-Packers and I think the Falcons actually benefit from being the #2 seed. They'll likely get the up and down Seahawks, while the Cowboys face the prospect of facing Aaron Rodgers on a 7 game win streak.

Chiefs against the Steelers looks like a great game as well. (Watching Pittsburgh stomp the Phish will be my only consolation for the Bills missing the postseason yet again) It looks like the Patsies will have a cakewalk to the AFC championship game.

On 12/31/2016 at 9:13 PM, Chip Kelly said:

WOW. Biggest move in the NFL. Should have kept Harbaugh he was a good coach who can they get now who is a big time coach other than Coughlin.

Back to College for Chip Kelly unless he wants to be an OC for the Patriots and his friend Belichick if Josh McDaniels gets an HC job.

Also I expect the Chargers and Colts coach to be gone next.

No thanks, want absolutely nothing to do with Chip.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I have a choice as a guy who's lived his entire life in BC, but my all-time favorite player is Jim Kelly, so I'm kind of stuck...

I hope the Bills give the HC to Lynn. I'm tired of trying to make it work with the re-treads. I also hope whoever the new guy is can smooth things over with Taylor, as it looks like he wasn't happy with the benching against the Jets.

Kelly is my favourite of all time as well. 

Lynn is most likely getting the job by default.  Whaley wants complete control over the roster and no experienced coach will agree to that.  The only other person that I could see possibly getting the job over Lynn would be Frank Reich.

Taylor can be as unhappy as he wants to be.  Had he gotten seriously injured in that pointless game, the Bills would have been on the line for $30 Million next season.  Tyrod isn't worth anywhere near $30 Million.

11 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Lynn is most likely getting the job by default.  Whaley wants complete control over the roster and no experienced coach will agree to that.  The only other person that I could see possibly getting the job over Lynn would be Frank Reich.

Taylor can be as unhappy as he wants to be.  Had he gotten seriously injured in that pointless game, the Bills would have been on the line for $30 Million next season.  Tyrod isn't worth anywhere near $30 Million.

Agreed, but I still think he can be a solid player. As I said, I just want things smoothed over, so this doesn't fester all of next year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed, but I still think he can be a solid player. As I said, I just want things smoothed over, so this doesn't fester all of next year.

I think there's a good chance that Taylor will be in Denver next year.

21 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I wonder if any team in the NFL will consider Marc Trestman again considering his poor showing his first go around.

56 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

I wonder if any team in the NFL will consider Marc Trestman again considering his poor showing his first go around.

Considering he's 60 and can't hold an NFL job for longer than a couple of seasons at a time, I'd be surprised to see him as a HC in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Denver would be the class of the afc if that happens. 

He would have been so perfect for the Kubiak offense.  I'd still like him at the right price.

We still need an offensive line.  Manning in his prime would struggle with the pass blocking and lack of run game that was evident this season.