The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Believe it or not it's actually fairly common knowledge. Pretty much any NFL fan knows this.

I know I was joking. As in my post I referred to the question as " simple" .

I thought many ppl would think 49th parallel when in fact Vancouver is on the 49th parallel..

Quick trivia. Kinda simple but no Googling. You'll only cheat your self. No one to impress here.

Why are 49ers called 49ers

Gold rush of 1849?

Edit: Obviously late .. lol .. Packers look pathetic .. Seahawks - 49ers ..

Edited by Tearloch7

Ready to watch the seahawks lose tomow ? lol

I am. Even though I kinda hope for the best for Seattle because they're so close, I hope they lose.

Believe it or not it's actually fairly common knowledge. Pretty much any NFL fan knows this.

Well I'm a casual NFL fan and I don't know how most sports teams get their names.. I think the only obvious one are the Seahawks

According to what I just read, it was the Indian Packing company that original supported the team, and the great Curly Lambeau worked for them during WWI. Acme came along shortly after.

Still essentially the same company.

Here's one. Without using google, what did the New York Giants used to be called?

Hint: There were two Giants teams in New York at the time.

I am. Even though I kinda hope for the best for Seattle because they're so close, I hope they lose.

Well I'm a casual NFL fan and I don't know how most sports teams get their names.. I think the only obvious one are the Seahawks

Without using google, can you tell me what the actual name for a 'Seahawk' is?

New York FOOTBALL Giants?

+1 for you

I know there's some Native American name tied to it.. I just know the Seahawks were named because of a naming contest, which seems to be how most teams get their names, like the Oklahoma City Thunder

The 'seahawk' is another name for Osprey.

450px-Osprey_mg_9605.jpg