The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Not a fantasy player here, in fact I hate it.  But what's with all the love Brown and Hopkins get at WR?  Isn't Julio Jones better?  He's on pace to break most WR records, is it because he had 4 fewer td's?  If I am a GM I'd take him over the other two.  That's one draft day trade that worked out well.

Watch tonight's game and you get your answer

1 hour ago, Madness said:

That's why Antonio Brown gets all the love. Best WR in the league. 

To be fair Norman didn't cover most of the time in the game.

Sherman did lock him down when he pressed him at the line last year though in Seattle.

Other than that not too many guys can handle his quickness and precise route running ability.

Also to be fair on Josh Norman too in that he is a zone corner. Well that's what Seattle is too. 80 percent of the time they are zone defence they sit back and don't allow deep passes, force you to check it down and then they gang tackle you all day long.

Seattle's secondary while still quite good is not what is was when they had Browner,Maxwell, and Thurmond when they could truly play 6 db's and velcro coverage others teams' receivers and TE's.

How about Carson Wentz though? I know it's just the Browns and he was at home.

He looked alright for not having played much in pre-season.

Excited to see how he plays on MNF in Chicago vs the Bears d who should be more of a test in a loud Soldier Field.

8 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

God I need your guys help for a trade that was proposed to me in my keeper league

I would get

Odell beckham jr

Devonta Freeman

Steve Smith Sr.  

I would give

Ryan Mathews

Doug Baldwin

Marvin jones

Could really use some input.

Just a reminder this is a keeper league.

OBJ's cool.

Buddy maybe freaking out with Cruz back and Shepard that they will steal targets and affect OBJ.

8 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

And a splendid dancer ;)

It's hard to believe he was a 6th round draft pick from a no name school like Central Michigan and is on pace to become one of the best wr's of his generation.

He just worked hard and improved every year. He is not the biggest or the fastest.

But he runs great routes and works on the details of the game.

I remember in the Super Bowl vs Green Bay he was the third receiver on the depth chart behind Emmanuel Sanders and Mike Wallace at that time was the Steelers' #1 WR.

Crazy to think 5 years later Sanders is better than Wallace and Antonio Brown has leaped them all including everyone in the league.

Victor Cruz (pre-injury) and Dough Baldwin right now are the closest things we have seen to Antonio Brown clones.

Just the constant energy and effort they play with on each down is amazing. They always play like someone is trying to take their spot or one up them.

Edited by Chip Kelly

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

It's hard to believe he was a 6th round draft pick from a no name school like Central Michigan and is on pace to become one of the best wr's of his generation.

He just worked hard and improved every year. He is not the biggest or the fastest.

But he runs great routes and works on the details of the game.

I remember in the Super Bowl vs Green Bay he was the third receiver on the depth chart behind Emmanuel Sanders and Mike Wallace at that time was the Steelers' #1 WR.

Crazy to think 5 years later Sanders is better than Wallace and Antonio Brown has leaped them all including everyone in the league.

Victor Cruz (pre-injury) and Dough Baldwin right now are the closest things we have seen to Antonio Brown clones.

I bow to your superior football knowledge Chip.  This Brown being not the biggest, strongest or fastest, but rins very cerebral routes sounds like Steve Largent.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Somehow I am still watching this game.....zzzzzzzz

How does the Chip Kelly offence look?

Still vanilla and trying to go warp speed? 

Is Gabbert looking decent against a respectable Rams d?

Where is Goff and how many games before he takes over?

With Wentz playing good already and earlier than Goff he is under pressure to get in their soon and perform.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I bow to your superior football knowledge Chip.  This Brown being not the biggest, strongest or fastest, but rins very cerebral routes sounds like Steve Largent.  

Aw Alf stop it you're making me blush.:P

How do you like the Chip Kelly 49ers? I got bored after the first game and can't watch anymore with Case Keenum.

Well Antonio Brown does have decent speed I would think he was slightly faster than Largent.

But by no means is he a pure speed guy. He usually beats guys and gets separation due to his route running ability similar to Victor Cruz and Doug Baldwin.

Also I think Odell Beckham doesn't get enough credit for how good a route runner he is and how uses that to get open vs just pure speed all the time.

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Aw Alf stop it you're making me blush.:P

How do you like the Chip Kelly 49ers? I got bored after the first game and can't watch anymore with Case Keenum.

Well Antonio Brown does have decent speed I would think he was slightly faster than Largent.

But by no means is he a pure speed guy. He usually beats guys and gets separation due to his route running ability similar to Victor Cruz and Doug Baldwin.

Also I think Odell Beckham doesn't get enough credit for how good a route runner he is and how uses that to get open vs just pure speed all the time.

I really don't know much - if anything - about football.  I just enjoy watching the tapes from the end zone perspective.  The really smart receivers stand out from that perspective.  It's their timing too; when to accelerate is noticeable.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

How does the Chip Kelly offence look?

Still vanilla and trying to go warp speed? 

Is Gabbert looking decent against a respectable Rams d?

Where is Goff and how many games before he takes over?

With Wentz playing good already and earlier than Goff he is under pressure to get in their soon and perform.

I only saw the 1st quarter, but it looked like Grabbert was running a college offense. They won handily though so they must have been doing something right, but can they do that going forward as teams get a feel for what they're doing week after week?

Shades of Kaep on Grabbert's runs though. He and Hyde opened up the short pass by keeping the D honest as they defend the run game.

I've always had a soft spot for the 49'ers, not so much for Coach Kelly though. What I saw tonight was weird.

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I only saw the 1st quarter, but it looked like Grabbert was running a college offense. They won handily though so they must have been doing something right, but can they do that going forward as teams get a feel for what they're doing week after week?

Shades of Kaep on Grabbert's runs though. He and Hyde opened up the short pass by keeping the D honest as they defend the run game.

I've always had a soft spot for the 49'ers, not so much for Coach Kelly though. What I saw tonight was weird.

For sure the true test will be after 4 games in. When most teams are pretty set in their qb situations and opponents get a feel for what everybody is trying to do out there.

In the past the Chip Kelly offense gassed the d.

The 49ers do have a decent defense though better than what the Eagles had and Gabbert is the best qb besides Kaepernick to fit Chip's system so far.

The problem is that going fast only works if you are productive. The problem with Chip is his stubbornness and unwillingness to change tempo in the offense when things don't go well.

The snap counts become more predictable and the plays are very simple read option with receivers running basic crossing patterns etc.

I want to see what the game plan will be when they have to face Seattle to avoid getting blown out.

The Redskins look overrated. Giants will be decent. Eagles and Cowboys are the wildcards depending on how good Wentz and Prescott play will show what these teams are going to be this year.