The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

@Pears

That ending doe. Genius.  

Choke holding every player is gutless, not genius. Only won because Tucker is a god and Green was out. Not to mention a couple blatantly obvious PI calls against the Ravens were missed.

16 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

@Pears How does one console a Bengals fan? Running out of ideas week after week. :lol:

I hate that the Jets are sh*tty but always save their 2 best games of the year for against us.

This should be it for Marvin. That's all I'm hoping for now. 

Edited by Pears

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

Choke holding every player is gutless, not genius. Only won because Tucker is a god and Green was out. Not to mention a couple blatantly obvious PI calls against the Ravens were missed.

If the Pats did it, everyone will call it cheating and we won't hear the end of it. NFL would change the rule as soon as they can just because of this.

10 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Gostkowski misses yet another FG. 39 yards out. I'm sure nearly everyone in Pats nation has lost faith in Gostkowski now considering his dreadful performance so far this season. 

Very very very concerning. 

...at least early on in the year you thought it might be rust and he'd be able to shake it off. But he's been missing em consistently it seems every week. If this continues on into the playoffs, could be quite disasterous. 

21 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

If the Pats did it, everyone will call it cheating and we won't hear the end of it. NFL would change the rule as soon as they can just because of this.

Tbh I'm surprised someone finally did that. I've always thought why teams don't do that to end a game as it would secure them a win / eliminate the risk of getting returned on. 

Pretty cool seeing it happened now lol

15 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Gostkowski misses yet another FG. 39 yards out. I'm sure nearly everyone in Pats nation has lost faith in Gostkowski now considering his dreadful performance so far this season. 

At least he hasn't missed as much as Nugent has this year. He's cost us at least 3 games this year. 

23 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

As much as I hate the Patriots this is true. 

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Anybody bother watching the Grey Cup?

Also Bucs and Famous Jameis with a huge upset win!! Wow.

What happened to Seattle and L.O.B?

Sherman couldn't shut down Mike Evans?

Baldwin and Wilson and the entire Seahawks pass and run game got totally shut down.

What happened Seahawk fans?

Probably put all of their game prep into beating the Pats and came out flat today against the Bucs. I didn't watch the game but judging by the score, sure looked like it. Seahawks seem to have a problem this year with offence. Not the first time this season they couldn't score a TD. 

32 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Probably put all of their game prep into beating the Pats and came out flat today against the Bucs. I didn't watch the game but judging by the score, sure looked like it. Seahawks seem to have a problem this year with offence. Not the first time this season they couldn't score a TD. 

This is a really weird year in the NFL.

No team looks unbeatable or consistent offensively and defensively each week whether playing on the road.

Home teams have a huge advantage this year as much as any other year parity reigns supreme. This is probably good for the NFL though to keep fan interest all the way until the season ends.

Only 5 teams are done with 5 games left to make a playoff push.

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Anybody bother watching the Grey Cup?

Also Bucs and Famous Jameis with a huge upset win!! Wow.

What happened to Seattle and L.O.B?

Sherman couldn't shut down Mike Evans?

Baldwin and Wilson and the entire Seahawks pass and run game got totally shut down.

What happened Seahawk fans?

Don't want to talk about it. It was just one of those games where the defence showed up and the offense was completely missing the entire game. They had lots of missed opportunities. Lockett had a chance to catch one late but Wilson threw it way off the route that Lockett was going to. Ended up costing the Seahawks the game. Can't win every game. Next week again

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Not bad. Don't think it can top Panthers vs Raiders earlier today though is probably the candidate for game of the week.

I missed that game to be honest. Haven't caught up on NFL at all today after watching college ball all day yesterday and being busy last night/today. Seahawks got wiped is all I know.

edit: Haha Panthers. I do like Oakland this year though. Finally those baseball stadium fans have something decent to cheer about again.

Edited by Green Building