The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Great trade for the Giants imo

Wide Receivers are not worth a first

That's an awesome return and it makes the Antonio Brown trade that much more laughable.  #@%* the Steelers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

The Bills have seriously gone to town rebuilding their offense in free agency.  Dallas fans are crying the blues that they lost Beasley.  Then he took a dump on their fans after they gave him crap on Twitter.  :lol:

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/03/cole-beasley-cowboys-twitter-bills

giphy.gif

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Great trade for the Giants imo

Wide Receivers are not worth a first

Now watch the Giants go out and draft a wide receiver early to try to replace Odell.

Maybe DK Metcalf?

Can you imagine they trade up for him.

Dumb moves imo. Giants and Redskinns both making dumb moves.

Both have mediocre QBs right now.

It's Eagles and Cowboys battling for the division as long as Wentz stays healthy.

Eagles missing peice left on offence is an RB like a Duke Johnson(trade) or Tevin Coleman(free agency) or Josh Jacobs (draft).

So who who are Earl Thomas and KJ Wright signing with?

My guess is Earl to the 49ers, because the Cowboys, so far, say they won't pay him over 11 million a year.

KJ Wright to the Raiders or Bucs?

• Cheers 1

The NFL offseason is more exciting than most of the actual games last year...

Thinking about what might happen(fantasy) vs what actually will happen (reality) is becoming more fun.

This scares me. It's like NBA free agency and trades, the actual regular season games are boring because it is the usual suspects expected to be ratchet it up in the playoffs anyways.

45 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Now watch the Giants go out and draft a wide receiver early to try to replace Odell.

Maybe DK Metcalf?

It's Eagles and Cowboys battling for the division as long as Wentz stays healthy.

Eagles missing peice left on offence is an RB like a Duke Johnson(trade) or Tevin Coleman(free agency) or Josh Jacobs (draft).

My guess is Earl to the 49ers, because the Cowboys, so far, say they won't pay him over 11 million a year.

Im not sold on DK Metcalf, from what Ive seen he's route running isn't all that great, he can probably turn out to be a bigger Cordarelle Patterson or Troy Williamson (the guy Vikings drafted to replace Moss) just all speed and not much else, go routes, fades, no complicated routes. All in all, this is a very weak draft for offensive skill positions. The Giants have a lot of holes to fill. If I were the Giants, I'd try to get a pass rusher (strong draft for pass rushers), and BPA on the Cleveland pick (OL or CB) and trade for Rosen. The QBs this year save for maybe Kyler Murray are very lacking, Haskins is a project and Lock at best is Cutler, at worst he's Paxton Lynch. Rosen has more upside

Earl Thomas I think might be with the browns, seems like CLE is going all in this year and their team is looking absolutely stacked with Beckham, and they got a reliable LB core to along with Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward at corner who I think will be an absolute star

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Maybe DK Metcalf?

I forgot to add to, Duke Johnson would be absolute fit with Philly especially in the kind of offense they run. Coleman would be good too, not a fan of Josh Jacobs. Its a very very weak draft for RBs this year

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Van40 said:

The best safety in the league now plays for the Baltimore Ravens. Let's gooo!

Too bad your QB is ****

I am actually heartbroken. I knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. At least he is going to a team in the AFC.

• Haha 1

We really need to put together an elite run defense this spring. 1-2 linebackers and maybe an upgrade on Billings to play with Geno. Just unfortunate Mike Brown doesn’t care about the fans so all that likely isn’t going to happen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Too bad your QB is ****

I am actually heartbroken. I knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. At least he is going to a team in the AFC.

I think they play each other this year, not sure where though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pears said:

We really need to put together an elite run defense this spring. 1-2 linebackers and maybe an upgrade on Billings to play with Geno. Just unfortunate Mike Brown doesn’t care about the fans so all that likely isn’t going to happen.

That other Ohio team is looking pretty good. Bengals fans are free to jump ship. Brown is a terrible owner.

Won't win anything till somebody else takes over.

I wouldn't judge you if you rooted for the Browns.

Also AJ Green wasting away with the Bengals when he could be on a contender.

4 hours ago, Van40 said:

The best safety in the league now plays for the Baltimore Ravens. Let's gooo!

Closest thing to Ed Reed since well... Ed Reed.

Also Mark Ingram is a perfect fit as the bruising power back with the Ravens.

Now they just need to get some wide receivers for L Jax.

Tyrell Williams? Big body deep threat.

Browns are going to the playoffs though.

What a turnaround by John Dorsey.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

It's a good thing he broke his arm and got an extended rest for his body, because he's going to be on the field a lot with your offense not built to have long drives.

He broke his leg too. Have to see how much if any range he loses due to his age.

I suspect his high football IQ will make up for losing half a step.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Im not sold on DK Metcalf, from what Ive seen he's route running isn't all that great, he can probably turn out to be a bigger Cordarelle Patterson or Troy Williamson (the guy Vikings drafted to replace Moss) just all speed and not much else, go routes, fades, no complicated routes. All in all, this is a very weak draft for offensive skill positions. The Giants have a lot of holes to fill. If I were the Giants, I'd try to get a pass rusher (strong draft for pass rushers), and BPA on the Cleveland pick (OL or CB) and trade for Rosen. The QBs this year save for maybe Kyler Murray are very lacking, Haskins is a project and Lock at best is Cutler, at worst he's Paxton Lynch. Rosen has more upside

Earl Thomas I think might be with the browns, seems like CLE is going all in this year and their team is looking absolutely stacked with Beckham, and they got a reliable LB core to along with Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward at corner who I think will be an absolute star

12 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I forgot to add to, Duke Johnson would be absolute fit with Philly especially in the kind of offense they run. Coleman would be good too, not a fan of Josh Jacobs. Its a very very weak draft for RBs this year

Total agreement here.

I don't see many instant #1 caliber WRs.

See a bunch of guys who can become very good #2's potentially and slot guys by the bushel.

Very good TE class. Noah Fant and TJ Hockenson could both be 1st round picks.

Iowa is becoming quite the TE factory with George Kittle on the 49ers.

This RB class doesn't really have those bellcow type bonafide #1 backs.

I think the best plan would be to just go RB by committee with any of these drafted guys.

Josh Jacobs reminds me a little of a THICC Sony Michel.

Could be decent in a combo backfield where he shares touches like he did at Alabama.

No RB in this class is really worth a 1st round pick but Jacobs imo will be the guy if anything.