The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

You guys hear about the plethora of 49ers fans, or as they call themselves, 49ers faithful, invade Seattle today and actually shut down a street because of how many of them there were? Have to admit that that is pretty incredible.

No, didn't hear of it, but I think it's great.

I mean what did you expect from one of the most popular leagues in the US with 2 Pacific teams part of the semi finals. Fans are trying to disrupt the power of the 12th man. Say what you will about ticket sales, I don't care, it will be hard for SF to play this road game tomorrow. Seriously though, I want the Hawks to win, but know SF will give them a serious run for the money. I have always liked each team, so since Denver is playing the Pats (the team responsible for getting me back into the NFL over a decade ago), I have a 4/4 chance of being happy in the Superbowl.

This week felt like 14 days as I anticipated Sunday. Hannukah = NFL playoffs, so many weekend gifts.

Man, I wonder what it's like to be in the 49ers/Seahawks rivalry. Just browing around sites and forums on the web, the majority of back and forth between Pats and Broncos fans is mutual respect for each other's QB's and how it's going to be a great show down.

Majority of the back and forth between 49ers/Seahawks fans is death threats and very graphic details about assaults that each fan base is going to carry out against the other :lol:

Tom Brady Peyton Manning

Wins 10 - 4

Comp. % 67.1 - 61.8

Pass YPG 243.1 - 283.6

TD-INT 26-12 - 29-20

Passer rating 96.6 - 85.6

No matter the result tomorrow, Brady wins the head to head between these 2 HOFers

Still a few more games between the two I hope. Manning's got a way better offense to pass to if Gronk doesn't come back strong.

As for tomorrow, I think Edelman/Thomas are neutralized by DRC/Talib. However, the Broncos have way better options after Thomas. If they can stop the run, they'll win. I think the mutual respect thing comes from the fact that Manning and Brady are both class guys and respect each other a lot. The teams not facing each other twice a year in the regular season also helps. Although we do have our share of D-bags ( assuming Cyril Sneer or whatever he is called now is a Broncos fan).

Still a few more games between the two I hope. Manning's got a way better offense to pass to if Gronk doesn't come back strong.

As for tomorrow, I think Edelman/Thomas are neutralized by DRC/Talib. However, the Broncos have way better options after Thomas. If they can stop the run, they'll win. I think the mutual respect thing comes from the fact that Manning and Brady are both class guys and respect each other a lot. The teams not facing each other twice a year in the regular season also helps. Although we do have our share of D-bags ( assuming Cyril Sneer or whatever he is called now is a Broncos fan).

Well back during the heart of the Patriots/Colts rivalry, the respect factor for the 2 QB's was still there. But Rodney Harrison vs Bob Sanders, Seymour vs Freeney, etc. brought out some bad blood. Harrison was called "Cheap shot Rodney" , I forget what Sanders was nicknamed. But man, all that doesn't even compare to the blood between Seattle and San Fran. It's amusing, and scary lol. There will be a lot of undercover cops in Kaepernick jerseys tomorrow I'm betting.

Do you guys have that one friend/facebook friend who seems to be a fan of every team? I always thought one of my friends was a Patriots fan because I've seen him rocking a Brady jersey and he tweeted congratulatory things after Patriots wins. But he also has a Broncos Manning jersey, a Marshawn Lynch jersey, a Steve Smith jersey and a couple of others. I don't know why but it's quite annoying lol. He also posts FB statuses/tweets about the aforementioned teams from the perspective as if he was a fan.

Do you guys have that one friend/facebook friend who seems to be a fan of every team? I always thought one of my friends was a Patriots fan because I've seen him rocking a Brady jersey and he tweeted congratulatory things after Patriots wins. But he also has a Broncos Manning jersey, a Marshawn Lynch jersey, a Steve Smith jersey and a couple of others. I don't know why but it's quite annoying lol. He also posts FB statuses/tweets about the aforementioned teams from the perspective as if he was a fan.

Sounds a little bit like me... I only have one jersey though. And I think it's because I wasn't born into a fanbase like I was with the Canucks.

I have a hard time watching any hockey game that doesn't involve the Canucks, but when it comes to NFL football I will enthusiastically watch any two teams play. I just love all NFL football. But I'm not the type to post/brag on facebook or anything like that.

Is it really that annoying?

Is it really that annoying?

It doesn't ruin my day or anything. It just feels like a cop out, to me, for him to get out of people hazing him if his team loses. For example, everyone on my facebook has known I'm a huge Pats fan for as long as I've had facebook. And in reverse, I know which of my friends are huge fans of their teams. If the Patriots lose today, I will get comments on my wall/status such as, "hahahaha bye bye brady." I can't complain, because I do the same thing to other friends lol.

But he, no one knows who is team really is anymore.