Tony Romo

For what it's worth re: traveling fans

According to Orbitz.com

48% of flights booked to Phoenix were from the New England area

40% from the Seattle area

5% from the Indianapolis area

4% from the Green Bay area

3% rest of USA

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/2015/01/16/patriots-fans-appear-to-book-the-most-tickets-to-superbowl-site/21822449/

That's according to Orbitz.com, which looked at bookings for air travel between the home towns of the four finalists and Phoenix, site of the Super Bowl, around Feb. 1, when the big game will be played.

Those rooting for Tom Brady's team have bought 48% of the airline tickets, doling out $507 on average.

"Based on Orbitz.com air bookings, New England is already a step ahead of the other teams and has the most fans traveling to Phoenix for Super Bowl weekend." says Orbitz senior editor, Jeanenne Tornatore

Meanwhile, folks in the Seahawks home base of Seattle have made 40% of the bookings, paying an average of $424 a ticket.

But those living in Colts territory seemed less confident, buying only 5% of the airline tickets, which averaged $434. And likely Green Bay Packers fans made up only 4% of the bookings, paying an average fare of $402.

Whichever team fans are rooting for, those who want to be at the University of Phoenix Stadium for the NFL championship probably need to get their plane tickets before Sunday if they want to conserve cash.

Orbitz says fares to fly to the last two cities to host the Superbowl soared the night before the semifinals. The average ticket price to New York spiked 25% last year, and tickets to visit New Orleans the year before leaped 40%, from $591 to $970.

So looks like both teams will be well represented. Also looks like both cities were most confident about their chances.

:)

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 1

Haha i’m sorry Wilson was just terrible until the last 5 minutes. That was the most miraculous sequence of events i’ve seen in my life. Just gonna leave this here.

If it was Brady, Luck or Rodgers doing that it would be "clutch". Case closed.

• Upvote 1

Loved reading the comments from the Seahawk haters, especially Magician. What a joke that guy is. Wilson had a bad first 3 quarters but don't forget the catchable drops Kearse had which he made up for. Brady only has Gronk, if Seattle shuts him down (TE's are usually their toughest to shut down)it's game over, Blount will do nothing. It'll be a classic game no doubt. Seattle fans travelled well to NJ last year, should be even more of them in AZ this year.

There's this guy named Edelman. You may have heard of him. Seriously GTFO with that crap. He only has Gronk??

According to Orbitz.com

3% rest of USA

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/2015/01/16/patriots-fans-appear-to-book-the-most-tickets-to-superbowl-site/21822449/

So looks like both teams will be well represented. Also looks like both cities were most confident about their chances.

Interesting, thanks for posting that.

According to Orbitz.com

3% rest of USA

It's nice to see Pats fans travelling. Seattle fans won't need to fly though remember, a lot will just drive there. You are the only Pats fan I respect on this site because even though you hate the Hawks, you still respect. Most of these other "fans" are unbearable. Same goes with some Hawk fans I imagine...

Loved reading the comments from the Seahawk haters, especially Magician. What a joke that guy is. Wilson had a bad first 3 quarters but don't forget the catchable drops Kearse had which he made up for. Brady only has Gronk, if Seattle shuts him down (TE's are usually their toughest to shut down)it's game over, Blount will do nothing. It'll be a classic game no doubt. Seattle fans travelled well to NJ last year, should be even more of them in AZ this year.

Brady's also got Edelman and at times, Vereen, Amendola and LaFell. Running game would be almost a non-factor against Seattle unless our O-line and Blount or whoever the running back is starting that game has a monster game.

It's nice to see Pats fans travelling. Seattle fans won't need to fly though remember, a lot will just drive there. You are the only Pats fan I respect on this site because even though you hate the Hawks, you still respect. Most of these other "fans" are unbearable. Same goes with some Hawk fans I imagine...

Gee thanks. It's not like I respect other teams too right?

You don’t respect the Pats. Neither do 90% of the people in this thread. Gtfo with that garbage. 2 way street little sonny. Hawks are gonna get rekt.

Haha i’m sorry Wilson was just terrible until the last 5 minutes. That was the most miraculous sequence of events i’ve seen in my life. Just gonna leave this here.

Wow. I didn't watch the game cuz I had work and I rushed home to watch the Pats game but wow.. That was lucky and at the same time, terrible defence by Green Bay.

Wlison I think for once in his life has proven to be human and just as breakable as anyone else.

He has much more to prove over his career before he becomes a HOFer he certainly doesn't have great passing stats right now and 4 INTS in a playoff game is probably not the right time to be asking the question.

Right now Eli Manning has more rings than Russel Wilson but he isn't close to a HOF candidate.

His whole NFL and college career hell since he was a pop warner kid learning the game he probably never had a worst first half.

Green Bay pushed Seattle to its absolute limit and had them and their fans gasping for air yet couldn't quite put their foot on their throat for good when they had the chance.

Now the narrative becomes the "clutch" and Russel Wilson getting it done when the their team needed it most.

I'm not a fan of either team to say the least so I am conflicted who to root for. Ideally it will be a hard tough game with plenty of punishment and embarrassment doled out to both sides.

The Patriots would be the easy target with their previous dynasty and omnipresent nature in the NFL as annual contenders not to mention beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Yet I feel like Seattle is pretty much the wannabe be Patriots they are on their way to becoming a dyansty and Pete Caroll is a Belichick disciple.

It is going to be a great coaching match between teacher and student. Defensively I think the Patriots are better than they are given credit for and are not that far behind Seattle.

Offensively the teams are pretty dead even. Seattle has a virtually unstoppable ground game with Lynch but the Patriots are very deceptive and they can pass or run and be tricky play calling wise as anyone.

QB wise will be another huge matchup and will probably decide the game. I could easily see both d's holding the other team down and it coming down late in the game to the qb that executes just like this weeks' Seahawks game.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Wlison I think for once in his life has proven to be human and just as breakable as anyone else.

He has much more to prove over his career before he becomes a HOFer he certainly doesn't have great passing stats right now and 4 INTS in a playoff game is probably not the right time to be asking the question.

Right now Eli Manning has more rings than Russel Wilson but he isn't close to a HOF candidate.

His whole NFL and college career hell since he was a pop warner kid learning the game he probably never had a worst first half.

Green Bay pushed Seattle to its absolute limit and had them and their fans gasping for air yet couldn't quite put their foot on their throat for good when they had the chance.

Now the narrative becomes the "clutch" and Russel Wilson getting it done when the their team needed it most.

He doesn't have good passing stats? Errrrrrr, one bad game and that's it? Just because he doesn't throw 55 times a game doesn't mean he doesn't have good passing stats brosef. In fact, I think before this game he has the highest QBR in NFL history in the playoffs, and right up there in the regular season. Give him a number 1 WR with some chemistry and see what happens.

He doesn't have good passing stats? Errrrrrr, one bad game and that's it? Just because he doesn't throw 55 times a game doesn't mean he doesn't have good passing stats brosef. In fact, I think before this game he has the highest QBR in NFL history in the playoffs, and right up there in the regular season. Give him a number 1 WR with some chemistry and see what happens.

Like I said only talking about up to now. Down the line I'm sure Seattle will try to find him a legit #1 to go along with Baldwin and Kearse who are both #2 or #3 receivers.

Also that is playoffs only. In the regular season like you said because he doesn't throw a ton and he is efficient his passing yardage is not that great but his qbr is decent.

I still would not put him as a top 5 qb yet though for all he has around him minus the WR's Willson the Canadian TE has become his security blanket almost on seam routes down the middle of the field and on big third down and short yardage plays.

I don't think looking at other teams and their TE's that Luke Willson is really that much worse than most teams' TE's. Sure he is not a pro bowl talent but he makes plenty of plays.

HA. Pat's haven't faced Seattle's D, well...since they faced them last time. It's on brotha.

Oh it is B) Can’t wait for the game, it’s going to be great.

Off topic:

In my Draftkings I was in 74th place, 20 points away from first place.

First place is a 22 grand total prize including 2 VIP tickets to the SB, hotel, and airfare. I had Brady, Blount, Edelman, Gronk, and the Colts D left going into the 4th quarter. Unfortunately they laid down in the 4th and I fell just outside of the top 100. I was getting hyped going into the 4th. DAMNIT MAN!

Edited by The Magician

Like I said only talking about up to now. Down the line I'm sure Seattle will try to find him a legit #1 to go along with Baldwin and Kearse who are both #2 or #3 receivers.

Also that is playoffs only. In the regular season like you said because he doesn't throw a ton and he is efficient his passing yardage is not that great but his qbr is decent.

I still would not put him as a top 5 qb yet though for all he has around him minus the WR's Willson the Canadian TE has become his security blanket almost on seam routes down the middle of the field and on big third down and short yardage plays.

I don't think looking at other teams and their TE's that Luke Willson is really that much worse than most teams' TE's. Sure he is not a pro bowl talent but he makes plenty of plays.

With the loss of Miller to injury this year Hawks have given a number of TE's a shot this year including Helfet and Moeaki and there have been stretches of success, failure, and injury throughout for all. Willson has only emerged as the teams #1 TE over the last handful of games. Even then, there were a couple of stinkers mixed in there as well.

Edit: he has had trouble catching balls in traffic and holding on to the ball after contact for quite some time.

He had a few drops today to boot. By no means is he the calibre of security blanket they lost in Miller this season but he looks to be on the move for sure.

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

I concur with your thoughts on NPF, even though I bust his chops from time to time, but most of the Pats fans are pretty good here most of the time. I think the childishness and frequency of one poster here in particular has given them a bad rap. Even some his fellow Pats fans have called him out on his BS. He's got a little growing up to do but I think with a little encouragement from all of us some day he will make that happen. It takes a village....

Same could be said if Belichick had provided Brady with a legit #1 WR all these years after the Randy Moss era. Maybe Brady would have already had ring #4 and playing for his 5th or 6th.