The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I'm sure its a good source but I won't beleiv till it is actually official like the Frank Gore situation. They better not overpay him massively.

If its true I expect the Cowboys to go after Peterson as soon as he gets his release from the Vikings.

Cant the cowboys match the offer? If so we would have to overpay for him or else the cowboys would match offer. Maybe a very high 1 year deal that will to too big for cowboys to match and then resign next year for cheaper?

I hope we get him. But i know were gunna have to overpay. And if we overpay we would have to trade matthew who we just signed. And that wont be good rep for us with future FAs

Yep. McCoy is a complete workhorse RB. Spiller isn't that and he's very injury prone. Chip messed up. Offense went from 100-0.

Mccoy was great but i was always nervous that he would fumble when he carried the ball. I like the move to be honest

Yep. McCoy is a complete workhorse RB. Spiller isn't that and he's very injury prone. Chip messed up. Offense went from 100-0.

How'd he mess up? if we land Murray, Murray, Alonso > McCoy. Which also would help our red zone % since Kelly never put McCoy in that situation (explains his 5 td)

Mccoy was great but i was always nervous that he would fumble when he carried the ball. I like the move to be honest

Murray has his own fumbling problems. Although McCoy's was more fustrating since its always on a dead play or with him juking with 1 hand on the ball away from his bodh

Murray has his own fumbling problems. Although McCoy's was more fustrating since its always on a dead play or with him juking with 1 hand on the ball away from his bodh

I don't watch a lot of Eagles games but when I did and saw McCoy fumble, it was always because of those 2 reasons. Usually saw more of the 1 hand away from body juke and I don't even watch them that much. Must be a bad habit that's been with him and doubt it goes away now.

How'd he mess up? if we land Murray, Murray, Alonso > McCoy. Which also would help our red zone % since Kelly never put McCoy in that situation (explains his 5 td)

If they land Murray that is. If they don't, totally messed up and they lost Foles + Maclin. McCoy, Foles, Maclin is a good portion of the offense right there gone. No one can say they're offense is better after all these moves lol.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

I think he meant the same thing I did. If the Eagles don't end up with a marquee RB then it will have been a bad move unless the Eagles get lucky and draft a good RB this year.

I don't watch a lot of Eagles games but when I did and saw McCoy fumble, it was always because of those 2 reasons. Usually saw more of the 1 hand away from body juke and I don't even watch them that much. Must be a bad habit that's been with him and doubt it goes away now.

If they land Murray that is. If they don't, totally messed up and they lost Foles + Maclin. McCoy, Foles, Maclin is a good portion of the offense right there gone. No one can say they're offense is better after all these moves lol.

McCoy had 3 rushing fumbles, 1 recieving fumble. Murray had 3 rushing fumbles, 2 recieving fumble. Which is pretty much a wash. I think Murray can clean that up while McCoy will keep that habbit because he doesn't give up on a dead play and always tries to juke for a yard.

I think both healthy Bradford will be better (if we get recievers) trade was just injury for injury and I'd rather have an acl injury than Foles' shoulder injury which may be the reason he hasn't come close to his all star season and Maclin wasn't worth 11 million (Eagles offered 9 which is fair)

Chip, you got to relax lol. Why all the sudden panic? He's an FA and can take all the time he likes. It's a decision for his life, it's his job...doesn't have to do anything unless he certain and content with his decision.

After trading away Shady to the Bills (yay!!) and missing out on Gore, Chip Kelly may have made a major misstep(s). CJ Spiller is a very good back, but he won't be able to carry the Eagles offense like Shady did.

Eagles need a safety and another corner way before they need a rb who they can get in the draft anyways.

I think Murray's fumbling was a little overblown. He fumbled 5 times last year (3 rushing, 2 receiving) but that was on 392 rushing attempts and 57 receptions which is a very large amount of touches and they stood out more because the Cowboys recovered literally none of those fumbles. Per touch his fumble rate was still lower than guys like McCoy, Peterson, Lynch. Though he could improve still some some guys like Bell literally didn't fumble.

Eagles need a safety and another corner way before they need a rb who they can get in the draft anyways.

They could draft a CB in the 1st. I wouldn't stress over safeties though. McCourty was really the only really great safety on the market and he never truly hit it. All of the remaining safeties are practically on the same average level. They don't have to rush to sign one. They may even be better off trying to find a hidden gem in the draft.

Murray definitely wants the Cowboys to match whatever offer the Eagles have for him, but right now he's in Philly to sign.

Ryan Mathews hasn't signed yet??

Cowboys have lost Justin Durant, Bruce Carter, Henry Melton, and tackle Jermey Parnell. On the verge of losing Murray. In other words, it's been a good off-season!