The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

According to Patriots writers, Patriots didn't go for Potroast at only 4 million because the DT spot is reserved for Wilfork and they won't pursue a FA DT until Wilfork makes a decision, and they've told him that.

Frank Gore posted an Instagram plea to Wilfork to come reunite The U in Indianapolis with him and Andre Johnson.

Wilfork's agent said Vince will take as much time as he needs to to make a decision.

Sounds like Bill is content with finding a DT or two in the draft. Sounds like it's going to be a heavy defense oriented draft. The only offensive players I could see being drafted are linemen. Unless Gurley falls to the second round.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Vikings traded 5th-round pick to Miami for WR Mike Wallace and 7th-round pick, per league source.

So Miami gains Suh and Stills, lose Ellerbe and Wallace

Buffalo gains McCoy and Matt Cassel and Percy Harvin, lose their starting TE Chandler and Spiller

Jets gained Revis, Cromartie, Skrines, Marshall, Fitzpatrick, haven't really lost anyone that contributes.

The biggest threat to the Pats right now based on who improved the most through FA is the Jets surprisingly.

But, it's still a QB driven league.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

[url=https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter]Adam

The biggest threat to the Pats right now based on who improved the most through FA is the Jets surprisingly.

But, it's still a QB driven league.

Wrong, and you answered your own opinion in the end there. Jets with all the additions aren't a threat cause of Geno Smith lol. Bills have to the biggest rival just because they're a more well rounded team imo.

Wrong, and you answered your own opinion in the end there. Jets with all the additions aren't a threat cause of Geno Smith lol. Bills have to the biggest rival just because they're a more well rounded team imo.

They have Fitzpatrick now, who can throw 3000+ yards, especially with Marshall and Decker.

Matt Cassel sucks. He's 32 now and has the skills of a back up. So does Manuel, but at least he's young enough to maybe get something out of him. Fitzpatrick will put up better numbers than both those guys combined.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

And I'll be lmao if BB ends up signing Stevie Johnson. He's probably the only WR who has consistently beat Revis day in day out. Revis struggles against him and I'm sure SB1 can confirm this in his Bills days. Would be a complete mind-frack move for Revis if he signs :lol:

They have Fitzpatrick now, who can throw 3000+ yards, especially with Marshall and Decker.

Matt Cassel sucks. So does Manuel. Fitzpatrick will put up better numbers than both those guys combined.

Oh yea, forgot they added the beard. Borderline starting QB, still better than Gino. Also have to see how the Jets new coach does since Rex left.

Trent richardson sueing the Colts for 3.1 million since he was cut unproperly.

Also "According to Holder, teams can fine players $545 per day per pound that they're overweight. If Richardson missed making weight 14 times — as Wells reported — he could have potentially racked up nearly $23,000 in weight penalties."

Trent richardson sueing the Colts for 3.1 million since he was cut unproperly.

Also "According to Holder, teams can fine players $545 per day per pound that they're overweight. If Richardson missed making weight 14 times as Wells reported he could have potentially racked up nearly $23,000 in weight penalties."

Wow who would have thought Lacy and Ingram would be better backs than this fat top 5 pick. He is the reason probably only one rb gets drafted in the first round this year if that. Rbs can kiss the top 10 of the draft goodbye because of him.

Too much of an injury risk. Someone will give him another chance though.

Anyways barring Peterson getting cut or traded most of the big name difference makers are off the market in Free agency.

I was thinking the Eagles should trade Mathis for a 3rd in this years draft or for Cordarelle Patterson if Vikings need a guard.

Patterson is a great heigh weight speed physical freak. But is still very raw.

I believe the Eagles could use his speed and yac yards ability way better than most teams.

Wow who would have thought Lacy and Ingram would be better backs than this fat top 5 pick. He is the reason probably only one rb gets drafted in the first round this year if that. Rbs can kiss the top 10 of the draft goodbye because of him.

Too much of an injury risk. Someone will give him another chance though.

Anyways barring Peterson getting cut or traded most of the big name difference makers are off the market in Free agency.

I was thinking the Eagles should trade Mathis for a 3rd in this years draft or for Cordarelle Patterson if Vikings need a guard.

Patterson is a great heigh weight speed physical freak. But is still very raw.

I believe the Eagles could use his speed and yac yards ability way better than most teams.

Reggie bush was also a 2nd overall pick. I think teams are realizing that rbs are not franchise pieces that should be picked 1st round. Lynch wasn't a draft pick by seattle and New england won it without a franchise back while McCoy and Murray were made expendable by their old team and even the best Rb couldn't get his team close to a superbowl.

I think Kelly said this draft was very wr deep and we'd most likely upgrade that position through the draft

I cant wait to watch the Eagles crush the Cowboys next season.

Is there a possible Bradford+Murray deal to oakland or tenesee going to happen for us to get Mariota. Cant trade just one or the other one would be peed off

We are sticking with both. None will be traded to get us Mariota because Murray signed wih us recently and is excited about this team (you forget Jenkins will be mad as hell because he was campaignig to get Murray also) and Bradford has a stipulation where we get a pick back if he starts less than 8 games which would be a 50/50 split in games if we get Mariota.

I think we stick with our pieces, draft wrs, olb, cb, fs and trust in Kelly