The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Oh yeah for sure. I was just letting you know that he lined up in the backfield as well. He kinda does it all.

I remembered that. It was one of the reasons why I would laugh at the Jets. The one good thing about Greg Roman as the Bills' OC is that he doesn't do stupid things like that. He takes the running game much too serious. On the flip side of that coin, Harvin is going to be the guy who gets the ball on WR reverses out of the backfield.

wtf are you talking about? Percy Harvin is a wide receiver and Reggie Bush is a RB.

Harvin is a gadget player, but RB isn't by far his bread and butter. Comparing him to a real RB is silly. He's expected to slot into the #3 WR spot. He'll be the guy to go to on running WR reverses when they happen.

Harvin is a scat back in how he's utilized. He will line up as a tail back and run a route from that position.

It's not silly to compare him to Bush. Bush would be a direct replacement for Vereen. Vereen was a scat back who seldom took hand offs and ran between the tackles, he was a catch out of the back field or swing toss back - which is what Harvin would be in NE. I don't know what he will be in Buffalo, but that's how he would have been used in NE. Bush and Harvin would have played the same role on NE, hence the comparison.

Didn't he meet with the Pats and all. He chose the 49ers over the Pats haha. Obviously the $$$

Yeah he was in NE yesterday and they didn't offer him a contract because he wanted to be paid like a #1 RB when the Pats wanted him as a 3rd down/situational back, not to be the feature back.

• Upvote 1

Apparently the Redskins are serious about Mariota. Looking to trade RG3. Kinda shocking after they bent over backwards for him...

RG3 is not Gruden's guy and Washington had lots of people watching Mariota throw. They aren't going to get the value they gave for rg3 so I'd stick with him

RG3 is not Gruden's guy and Washington had lots of people watching Mariota throw. They aren't going to get the value they gave for rg3 so I'd stick with him

Why would the price they paid for RG3 matter after they confirmed he is a bust? What gain do they have in beating that dead horse more? If they truly see RG3 as a bust they should move him asap and get whatever they can get for him before his value declines even more.

• Upvote 1

Why would the price they paid for RG3 matter after they confirmed he is a bust? What gain do they have in beating that dead horse more? If they truly see RG3 as a bust they should move him asap and get whatever they can get for him before his value declines even more.

RG3 could go to the NY Jets. They'd be a good fit for him IMO.

Look at a similar struggling qb (sam bradford) that would be along the lines, which imo wouldn't benefit washington. If rg3 stays healthy and finds his game then he'll be worth a lot.

Was always a snyder man and he has never let a coach get rid of him (Shanahan wasn't a big fan either)

I don't know how Eagles fans can feel safe going into the season with Bradford as their QB.

Terrible trade.

As opposed to feeling safe with Nick Foles?

Look at a similar struggling qb (sam bradford) that would be along the lines, which imo wouldn't benefit washington. If rg3 stays healthy and finds his game then he'll be worth a lot.

Was always a snyder man and he has never let a coach get rid of him (Shanahan wasn't a big fan either)

But why would they trade him if he found his game? And he will never be worth close to what he was traded for. Plus like said if they are convinced he doesn't have what it takes why risk losing value in him? As of now he is 25 going on 26 for next season and he has a playing style that instigates injury and some character questions. Why let it keep going hoping you can squeeze out a little more for him?

To me if they are high on Mariota and he is available then take him and move on from RG3 asap. IMO.

I don't know how Eagles fans can feel safe going into the season with Bradford as their QB.

Terrible trade.

Other qbs have come back from missing a season from acl injury (brady) Foles wasn't the same qb last year as he was in 2013. He over threw deep balls, turned over the ball more and suffered a collerbone injury to his throwing arm if I believe.

STL and PHI both were offered a 1st round pick this year for bradford. That tells you teams still think highly of him