The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Micheal Bennett is seeking a trade to the Falcons apparently. The Dan Quinn influence. Atlanta would obviously pay him well too.

With or without this trade, the Falcons will suprise. They always lacked defense. Quinn brought in some really good underrated defensive players.

They just need a good draft now.

His twin brother Martellus should demand a trade from the Bears to AAtlanta. Falcons have a need at TE and plus those two crazy Bennett bros would be reunited.

Another thought... I feel like to o judge even a NFL draft you need 4 years to see if a guy is a bust or simply has a longer learning curve and is taking him longer to transition to the NFL.

I will use an Eagles player as an example of this... early on Brandon Graham was hurt and under performed which led to people calling him a bust after his first two years in the league with the success of JPP as a almost at the time becoming an unstoppable pass rusher and Earl Thomas starting his rise to being known as the best free safety in the league.

It wasn't until really the year before Chip Kelly took over that he showed some pressure at the qb as a reserve pass rusher. Fast forward 2 seasons and he is brought back on a pretty big deal to replace Trent Cole's pass rush ability. We are taking about a top 15 bona fide first round pick.

Last years Eagles first round pick was considered a reach and his first year was a bust but time and time again that first rounder label grants players extended looks and opportunities like Trent Richardson. Teams are usually loathe to give up on first rounders very easily if at all.

Edited by Chip Kelly

I would totally be in favor of signing if for nothing else the work ethic and high character he would bring as a 3rd stringer. As well as somebody to use in short yardage and red zone situations to help the of fence extend and finish drives with TDs instead of fgs.

I am hoping they can get rid of Barkley and sign Tebow. I don't see Tebow having a huge role (especially as a 3rd string QB) but he certainly has a lot more potential than Barkley in that offense.

To his credit when Tebow was in Denver it was believed that he performed better late in games simply because he was an athletic freak who held up better than the tiring defense. Something Philadelphia certainly does well to defenses. I could see him being threatening behind that offensive line in two back formations with Murray and Sproles and keeping his passes to short high percentage ones.

Ether way even if he doesn't work out his upside is still better than Barkley's in that offense so I am for it.

Another thought... I feel like to o judge even a NFL draft you need 4 years to see if a guy is a bust or simply has a longer learning curve and is taking him longer to transition to the NFL.

I will use an Eagles player as an example of this... early on Brandon Graham was hurt and under performed which led to people calling him a bust after his first two years in the league with the success of JPP as a almost at the time becoming an unstoppable pass rusher and Earl Thomas starting his rise to being known as the best free safety in the league.

It wasn't until really the year before Chip Kelly took over that he showed some pressure at the qb as a reserve pass rusher. Fast forward 2 seasons and he is brought back on a pretty big deal to replace Trent Cole's pass rush ability. We are taking about a top 15 bona fide first round pick.

Last years Eagles first round pick was considered a reach and his first year was a bust but time and time again that first rounder label grants players extended looks and opportunities like Trent Richardson. Teams are usually loathe to give up on first rounders very easily if at all.

Marcus Smith was god awful but I assume he can't get any worse xD maybe he will get it together.

But if I was to add to your argument Derrick Burgess is a good example. He spent 3 seasons in Philly and was fairly mediocre then joined the Raiders and at age 27 and exploded for 16 sacks.

Oh God no. Pats sign CB Bradley Fletcher to a 1 year deal. This guy just got roasted last year by pretty much every player. Saw a few Eagles games and man this guy stunk!

Arrington, Ryan, Dennard, Butler, Chekwa, Fletcher. Man, last year was special seeing Revis work. Now it's back to the old zone, so lame and boring lol. Expect it to be the 09 defense. Bunch of interchangeable parts on the secondary, make a masterful game plan each week to prioritize weak CBs, do enough to stop the defense so Brady and co can win games. Surprisingly that year the defense somehow ended up being ranked 5th best. Arrington, Bodden, (Darius) Butler, Wheatley,...Shawn Springs, Jonathan Wilhite ...infinite lolz :lol:

Wth...just saw Fletcher had the most pass break ups in the entire season last year. That's hard to believe! Anyways happy to have him as we'll take just about anything we can get on the back end. Hope he can turn it around like how Chung did.

Fletcher goes from making 3/4 of a mill last year to $2.5 with the Pats. BB loves overpaying for these types of borderline players lol. Whatever, he's brinkng in a lot of competition, will be more to come with the draft and it'll up the compete level of everyone hopefully.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

Oh God no. Pats sign CB Bradley Fletcher to a 1 year deal. This guy just got roasted last year by pretty much every player. Saw a few Eagles games and man this guy stunk!

Arrington, Ryan, Dennard, Butler, Chekwa, Fletcher. Man, last year was special seeing Revis work. Now it's back to the old zone, so lame and boring lol. Expect it to be the 09 defense. Bunch of interchangeable parts on the secondary, make a masterful game plan each week to prioritize weak CBs, do enough to stop the defense so Brady and co can win games. Surprisingly that year the defense somehow ended up being ranked 5th best. Arrington, Bodden, (Darius) Butler, Wheatley,...Shawn Springs, Jonathan Wilhite ...infinite lolz :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HE’S AWFUL! Eagles fans ripped on him every game last year. Plz Bill what the * are you doing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HE’S AWFUL! Eagles fans ripped on him every game last year. Plz Bill what the * are you doing.

Bahahaha xD he was harder to watch that Cooper

Fletcher jerseys were going to be delivered by NFLShop, but they all got burned at the assembly line.

This is like trading in a Ferrari for a Kia

He may do alright though. He will have competent safety support now and Philly did kind of abuse his weakness by just leaving him in single man to man coverage against teams best WR's and after they would burn him they would just keep marching him out in the same situation for more.

Thank you Bernard Pierce for making a stupid ass decision and getting cut.

"Do you know what happened the last time a Ravens player got a DUI?" Pierce asked the officers while en-route to the station. "I'm getting cut tomorrow, not like you care."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479729/article/ravens-cut-bernard-pierce-following-his-dui-arrest

LOL

Edited by The Magician
  • Upvote 1

@AdamSchefter:

And with Dallas paying Greg Hardy $11.3 million, makes it incredibly difficult to now acquire Adrian Peterson.

So guess they didn't learn that Romo throwing 50+ passes a game isn't going to win many games lol

oh wait nevermind tthey got mcfadden for 2 games before he's injured :P

So guess they didn't learn that Romo throwing 50+ passes a game isn't going to win many games lol

oh wait nevermind tthey got mcfadden for 2 games before he's injured :P

Bingo. Hit the nail on its head there.

Cowboys hurt themselves. Should've taken the hint and realized Murray was why they had so much success. They took a gamble letting him walk (to a division rival too) and if they can't replace him, they pushed themselves out of the playoffs for the bolded you said.