The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Gotta admit I'm surprised that pretty much all of the second tier defensive tackles have fallen out of the first round such as Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips...

Hopefully they fall some more so the Lions can get their Fairley replacement tomorrow

Didn't like Cowboys getting Byron Jones. Eagles needed a corner/s prospect to help out Maxwell and Jenkins in the secondary and Packers also got Demarious Randall who would have been a good pick too.

Could have waited to pick a wr later because this draft is so deep. Was hoping Kevin Johnson would drop to the Eagles.

I'm afraid Eagles will just pick a O-line or OLB with their picks tomorrow and ignore some good corners/safetie combo players who should be on the board if there is a big run on wrs and rbs early tomorrow.

Anyways won't be watching tomorrow will just catch on news for the next 2 days if any big trades happen like Peterson moving or something.

Just happy Eagles didn't totally reach for a need and went off the board like for Marcus Smith last year.

FINALLY UNBANNED

Two things that happened today 1) the draft didn't nearly live up to it's hype and 2) Mike Mayock said every single god damn pick was an "exceptional" or "great" pick. Other than that, Malcom Brown was a no brainer for the Pats @ 32 since Wilfork's no longer here. A 5.05 40 time is pretty decent for a 320 pound DT.

Edited by The Magician

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised with the first pick.

Same. I watched a lot of FSU this year and they were so lucky to win as many as they did. Especially with him throwing 2, even 3 picks in games (3 in a quarter if I remember correctly). Pretty risky pick.

Who is your guys favorite draft expert or who you can tolerate the most I would say Mayock followed by McShay. Kiper just is really condescending.

Don't really like any of them. Kiper's a clown. Dude only got 6 of 32 right last year. My grandma would do better than that.

Trying to to find his final mock draft this year.

Lol 7 this year. Huge improvement...

Edited by Jiggs50

Washington made a mistake in not taking Leonard Williams, IMO, because RG3 is going to get out of the pocket and at that point it doesn't matter who is on the O-line.

Great move for the Jets to take Leonard Williams, and right after the pick the rumors of trading Wilkerson heated up five fold. I think he does get moved eventually this summer, question is to who?

Titans not taking the massive overpayment from Chip set their franchise back a few years, instead of accelerating their plan by a few years. I would've rolled with Mettenberger, used those extra picks, including 2 1st rounders, to really solidify some glaring holes, plus you would've gotten 2 very young, serviceable, and day 1 starters as well. I think rejecting that deal is something Titans fan will look at 3 years from now and think, "What if?"

Didn't like the Colts pick. They don't have trouble scoring points, or in the pass game. They need to stop other teams from scoring. Good talent that they got at WR, but a wasted 1st rounder for what their needs are.

Loved the Malcolm Brown pick to the Pats. Believe it was Gruden who right after the pick said this was the best value for where he got drafted pick. According to sources, Belichick was ready to make a move with either Houston or Indy who wanted to get back in to the 1st round, because he didn't think Brown would be available at 32, but then jumped on the opportunity to grab him.

Either way, good depth on the defensive line now with Jones and Ninko on the edges, Easley (last year's 1st round pick who basically was a red shirt and developed) and Brown on the inside at DT along with other depth guys like Siliga and Jones.

Also, every year Belichick has taken a defensive lineman with the 1st pick, we've won the Super Bowl :) Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Easley.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I like what Bill is doing.

Patriots have the best linebacker group in the league. Hightower, Mayo, Collins, Sheard - 4 pro bowlers. Now Bill is trying to build up the front 4. The counter to a weak secondary is not giving the passer time to throw.

In saying that though, I do hope the Patriots push for some CB's in the later rounds. I don't see them trading up for Jalen Collins, nor do I see him continue to slip late into the 2nd round. Ronald Darby could be a steal.

It's official. The top 5 fan bases with the biggest/most tards are in order as follows: 1. Redkins 2. Saints 3. Dolphins 4. Patriots 5. Rams&Bucs.

The graphic is having problems loading/showing.

OG-AE320_COUNT_NS_20150428183004.jpg

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 1

It's official. The top 5 fan bases with the biggest/most tards are in order as follows: 1. Redkins 2. Saints 3. Dolphins 4. Patriots 5. Rams&Bucs.

Nice to see my fellow Browns fans far down on that list.

idk how accurate that is since other fans go to other team websites and troll.