The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MLB Thread- 2014 Season

gmen81

Royals. Wow, just unstoppable.

Dude, I LOVE the way this team is playing.

Incredible defense all over the field, and great pitching that is taking the bats right out of the Oriole's hands. Maybe 1 base running mistake (not error) early on but it never cost them.

I said it after the Oakland game, this is the team to beat this playoffs.

Am I the only one who thinks it is complete BS that tomorrows game is on a Sportsnet pay channel?

WTF is that?

damn amazing story

Royals win going on to the World Series first team ever to win 8 straight games in the post season i don't watch baseball really that much until the playoffs i am going to try and watch every game in the World Series and root for the Royals

I'm not a regular season MLB fan, I like the playoffs. This team has had my bandwagon support since the Oakland game. They are playing great ball. It's incredibly fun to be a spots fan when a team can do what the Royals are doing right now, and with just the right amount of drama while going undefeated!

edit: not to mention that 2 Wild Card playoff teams might be in the World Series. Best records in the regular season be damned!

I'll say it again here: I'm a bandwagon Royals fan since before the Oakland game. This team played great that day, and has been nothing short of impressive since then. I am beyond entertained with the defensive play, the pitching hasn't been perfect, but damn near (including the bullpen, best in the playoffs, including the so called depth of Baltimore), and the occasionally new offensive hero from one game to the next.

This is a team that played so poorly at times this season they could easily have missed the playoffs. They realized their potential at the right time after another infamous players only meeting, and here they are.

Believe it or not I'm not typically a fan of MLB, but the playoffs are occasionally spectacular. As a sports fan, the Royals sweeping the Giants is something I want to witness, and I truly believe this team is going to win, but a sweep would be icing on the cake.

Go Royals!

edit: Not too many MLB fans here overall, let alone true KC fans, so I'll ask Kansas Canuck (who I assume loves the team?): do you think local fans want a sweep for the perfect playoff record? Or the final win in front of the home crowd? The dilemma of the sports fan! Talk about 1st World problems :P

I tend to root for pac nw teams. All the people around me are huge kc fans. I didn't know any players names except Hosmer until the Oakland game. Agree with the Kings comparison. They were saying all season that the Royals were built for the playoffs if they could just get there.

I'm actually from the Wichita area, four hours from kc(and the Royals/chiefs are Missouri not Kansas for anyone who didn't know.) People in my age group are just starved for the win, doesn't matter where.

I'm guessing that Missouri is a little bit disappointed that the Cards didn't win as well. A state rivalry WS would have been nice...

Anyway, here's hoping that the Royals can close the deal and end this "every even numbered year" thing that the Giants have going.

Archived