The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

16 hours ago, Hortankin said:

When I watch the CFL it's only when the Lions are in the playoffs..

But I can't get into it, American football is much better imo.

The CFL these days has no game flow. Pass pass punt, random break down creates big yardage then gets called back by a phantom penalty flag...

No run game. Just short nickel and dime throws.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Really? What if he lights up Winnipeg tomorrow and and throws for 3 TDs and 300 yards again.

I think he might reconsider if Jennings keeps struggling in big games and chokes again in the playoffs like he did the last 2 years.

As far as I see it, Lulay's days are numbered.  He's 33 and he may light up Winnipeg. I've talked to him personally recently.  He gave me the impression he wants to stay on the west coast and play out his days as a Lion and a mentor.  Things could always change though.  He just seems very content with his current role. 

3 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

As far as I see it, Lulay's days are numbered.  He's 33 and he may light up Winnipeg. I've talked to him personally recently.  He gave me the impression he wants to stay on the west coast and play out his days as a Lion and a mentor.  Things could always change though.  He just seems very content with his current role. 

Bono on the other hand doesn't care about sentimental loyalty. He wants wins. If Lulay proves he is ready to shoulder the load and can make this offence hum without making the big mistakes and inconsistent plays that Jennings has as a young gun slinger, then obviously he will keep putting him out there and ride the hot hand until he cools off.

In the meantime Jennings gets to watch and rest and be ready when he gets his spot back.