The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

10 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Burnham's catch was unreal. Lulay's throw was just as good. Good play call all in all. It was one of the few drives I watched in the game. Leos ran away with it at the end. Great to see a nice start to the season so far

Funny. Just watching on the PVR and that play just came up.  Hell of a catch.  Lulay playing really well.

Edited by Grapefruits

Most yards in cfl history by a quarterback coming off the bench goes to Travis Lulay for last nights game. The guy could still play first string for many teams inn this league.

Mack Moore with over 200 yards receiving.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, coastal.view said:

nice lions game

always nice to have a backup that can be a #1 starter when needed

man the lions play well against east teams..  even if they just played them 3x on the road

Lulay turned back the clock. I'm sure he would be a better #1 option in Saskatchewan and Montreal or reunite with Andrew Harris in Winnipeg.

Yet Durant,Nichols,and Glenn have #1 qb jobs over him.

As a competitor can't believe he doesn't believe he can be a starter for a team anymore. If Ricky Ray and Henry Burris and Clavillo play till 40 Lulay can too provided he stays healthy and plays smart.

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Most yards in cfl history by a quarterback coming off the bench goes to Travis Lulay for last nights game. The guy could still play first string for many teams inn this league.

Mack Moore with over 200 yards receiving.

He had almost the whole game to get those yards unlike other QB's in relief.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:52 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Lulay turned back the clock. I'm sure he would be a better #1 option in Saskatchewan and Montreal or reunite with Andrew Harris in Winnipeg.

Yet Durant,Nichols,and Glenn have #1 qb jobs over him.

As a competitor can't believe he doesn't believe he can be a starter for a team anymore. If Ricky Ray and Henry Burris and Clavillo play till 40 Lulay can too provided he stays healthy and plays smart.

I don't think that's it with Lulay.  He's content being a mentor to Jennings.  I see coaching in his near future.

As a Bomber fan, I'm nervous heading into this game, especially since our offense has been kind of meh this year. The defense is a lot like last year's; cause turnovers, but will give up yards and points.

18 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

I don't think that's it with Lulay.  He's content being a mentor to Jennings.  I see coaching in his near future.

Really? What if he lights up Winnipeg tomorrow and and throws for 3 TDs and 300 yards again.

I think he might reconsider if Jennings keeps struggling in big games and chokes again in the playoffs like he did the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

he will be ready not for this game. but the next one

that is the latest word i heard (from a bird :P)

Great can't wait. 

Hopefully get that pasta eating plug Ianuzzi off returns.

The screwy CFL rules prevent Johnson , Rainey and Williams from being on the field at the same time without taking out the Manny Show, Burn'em, or smooth Moore.

Return game needs a spark Rainey has been average at best by his standards so far already almost a quarter of the season in.