The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Guest Gumballthechewy

We're not the one's arguing there's a god. We do not have the burden of proof. The weak argument is on the "religious" side.

But besides that, as I know this is the point so many are begging for answer... There's also plenty of other data suggesting that an omnipotent deity is quite unlikely and unneeded to explain the existence of the universe and everything contained in it.

So let's review. There's no evidence there is a "god". There's no reason the universe requires a "god". What here is pointing to there being a "god"? Again, shows us some actual, tangible scientific data on why/how and we'll go from there.

Until then you may as well be the same pagans you persecuted, "reformed" and murdered for centuries. Worshiping fictional deities whose existence is owed to at the time misunderstood/unknown to then current science, natural phenomenons and as a tool by those in power to control those weak in critical thinking.

I'm not claiming there is a god. I'm just claiming that there is a difference between lacking a belief in something and having reasons to disbelieve something. If an atheist simply lacks a belief in god because there is no evidence then that's fine I don't have a problem with that at all. I'm just saying it's possible to be more than just a lack of belief. Once you start giving reasons for rejecting god other then a lack of evidence you take a stand on the matter effectively making it more than just a lack of belief in god but on out-right denial of his existence in the first place - because then one is making truth/belief claims.

(I'm not saying god exists or trying to even argue that god exists...I'll leave that to the Christians and Muslims)

Guest Gumballthechewy

It can be in situations.

Tell me, do you have a 100 karat diamond in your hand? No? Well it's obviously there, since according to you its absence doesn't necessarily mean that it's absent from being in your hand currently.......right?? ;)

Guest Gumballthechewy

There's actually MUCH more scientific evidence to suggest alien life is certainly a possibility, heck, even likely than there is for a deity. That does not mean there certainly is alien life out there however.

Don't worry about atheism being a religion. You can be a non-practicing atheist if you want. Nobody will force you to go to church.

But if you're an activist in atheism anyway, like, say, writing hundreds of posts in order to try to convert theists to atheism, then i'm not sure why you'd be totally against atheism becoming a religion anyway.

Certainly there are atheist activists who are taking this approach now. They must think that the pros (free money) outweigh the cons (hypocrisy).  It's their right. Just like how it's your right to not be a 'practising' atheist.

dagusta i appreciate the fact that you keep your posts civil , mine have gotten a bit edgy because i hate men that do not treat women as their equals and i apologise if i have offended you .

as i have said time and again i do not reject something that cannot be proven to exist , i have an open mind , but you are right i despise christianity and will do everything in my power to ridicule a bunch of power hungry freaks that want to use the belief in a god as a control mechanism .

I like 75% of my countrymen think that religion cuases way more harm than good , and if there is a god he would certainly not have the human attribute's that human beings have endowed him with .

do you actually know the point in time that your god, the g-d of abraham was accepted by the first people he supposedly chose to talk to ?

and do you know the circumstances in which this acceptance was delivered ?

Does historical data count?

Primary source data as well as eye witness historical claims show that there was a Jesus character that was brought back to life. These are similar manuscripts which have even better textual criticism than manuscripts used to prove the existence of Alexander the Great.

Do you believe in Alexander the Great, or is he just another myth?

I don't specify the types of evidence I seek, in order to give you a wide berth so as not to limit the evidence I ask for.

So go ahead, and provide some tangible, credible, reasonable, logical evidence.

This'll only be the 5th time I ask.

Thank you for also being speaking from your heart. The topic is a racy one in which even Christians differ greatly on.

What are we talking about now? When do I know God first approached Abraham? Near 2150BCE if memory serves me right.

What does this have to do with anything?

So you don't even know what evidences you seek for, you just want more. Typical I suppose, but how do you consider yourself open minded with that attitude? Your requirements for proof aren't even established.

Which is very sad. If God is truly real, then there are implications that are far greater than your own. Only a fool will reject counsel, and the wise fear God.

You know what you sound like right now? Someone who works at a restaurant and cares not about the restaurant owner who stepped out for a short coffee break. "Who cares about the owner, he can go screw himself". If the owner comes back, how will he treat you?

You have a job, don't you? Surely you care about your performance. Don't lie. If God truly exists and if he really indeed made you for a purpose, you seriously wouldn't care? Is there a lack of consistency between the boss of your job, and the boss of the universe?

I have given you tangible, credible, reasonable, logical evidence.. possibly six times.

Alright here's some more logical evidence for you - if you took apart your monitor piece by piece, then put it in a closed environment in which you shook up for trillions of years, will you reassemble your monitor? Y/N?

Archived