The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THN predicts Canucks to take The Cup this year

NorthernTorch

I'd say a shorter season might actually help this prediction's validity.

Kesler has time to heal properly and doesn't start behind, less workload for Schneider in first year as a starter. Some rookies (Schroeder, Jensen, etc) may have time to play some AHL games before the NHL Season starts.

I don't think trading Luongo will make or break our chances, in fact I think we would be better with the Schneider/Luongo tandem then trading, never know what will happen with goalies (1 gets hot, 1 gets injured, etc.).

Signing Doan and Arnott I think is important. More experience and a depth winger and center.

Same team that has won back to back President's Trophies and lost to eventual Stanley Cup Winners.

Not a bad predicition, by any means...

I'd say a shorter season might actually help this prediction's validity.

Kesler has time to heal properly and doesn't start behind, less workload for Schneider in first year as a starter. Some rookies (Schroeder, Jensen, etc) may have time to play some AHL games before the NHL Season starts.

I don't think trading Luongo will make or break our chances, in fact I think we would be better with the Schneider/Luongo tandem then trading, never know what will happen with goalies (1 gets hot, 1 gets injured, etc.).

Signing Doan and Arnott I think is important. More experience and a depth winger and center.

Same team that has won back to back President's Trophies and lost to eventual Stanley Cup Winners.

Not a bad predicition, by any means...

Right now, if the season and playoffs were to continue with the current rosters, the Kings would win the Cup again, with Carolina and Tampa Bay probably coming pretty close. These teams are both built for the playoffs, especially their top-6, deep defences and goaltenders.

The Canucks have a lot to do if they want to be considered contenders. We will not go far without more defensive depth and without a proper 3rd line offensive center who can put up 30-40 points. Our forwards have been bullied by big, physical defences in the last 2 playoff rounds and mustered up little offence, and our defence has been banged around by giant forwards and given up golden scoring opportunities.

In our last 10 playoff games the Canucks have been one of if not the worst playoff team lately and played absolutely disgustingly. We have a lot to fix up.

If it is the THN Annual with Cory Schneider on it, that is on the newsstands right now, Forget it. All it says is that the Canucks will have a lot of work to do to repeat their feat of two years ago. That's all it says. Not that the Canucks are favored to win the Cup. I think the OP is reading too much into it.

If it is the THN Annual with Cory Schneider on it, that is on the newsstands right now, Forget it. All it says is that the Canucks will have a lot of work to do to repeat their feat of two years ago. That's all it says. Not that the Canucks are favored to win the Cup. I think the OP is reading too much into it.

Stanley Cup Finals: Vancouver - Buffalo = Buffalo in 7 ( hopefully its like my van-bos prediction; correct finalists, wrong outcome)

My past SC Finals predictions:

LA - Pittsburgh = LA to win ( LA did win cup but againsts NJ)

Van - Boston = Van to win ( correct finalists but wrong cup winner)

Chicago - Philly = Chi to win ( got this right)

Stanley Cup Finals: Vancouver - Buffalo = Buffalo in 7 ( hopefully its like my van-bos prediction; correct finalists, wrong outcome)

My past SC Finals predictions:

LA - Pittsburgh = LA to win ( LA did win cup but againsts NJ)

Van - Boston = Van to win ( correct finalists but wrong cup winner)

Chicago - Philly = Chi to win ( got this right)

Archived