The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any news of players returning from summer holidays?

higgyfan

I remember last year at this time there was all kinds of news about players returning and skating at UBC or 8 rinks. I know that Garrison is here, but haven't heard of any others.

Usually Willie Mitchel and a few others are skating by now as well.

Any news?

It would be interesting if the players did all show up like every other year. Then the fans would all watch their teams around the league and get all excited just to have the owners and Bettman let them all down, would be very strategic on behalf of the NHLPA don't you think?

I ran into Jason Garrison at the roxy a few weekends ago. Not to sound like a little girl or anything, but I got that starstruck feeling at first and just tapped him on the shoulder as he walked by. He turned around and I have him a thumbs up and he gave one back. I was pretty stoked. Later on in the night after more then a few confidence beers I spotted him from far away again and went over and talked to him. He's a good dude, super humble. That was actually my first visit to the roxy and it lived up to all the hype, a place so awful its awesome.

Archived