The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

I guess they ranked it based on this year? No idea. I'd think Calvin Harris woulda been up there in top 10 if it's based off of popularity. Afrojack isn't popular on mainstream radio at all compared to Calvin Harris.

I mean popular in the EDM world. Guess people still consider him a big name.

Edited by Armada

No.

Does anyone know some amazing House/Progressive House/Deep House/Tech House songs. I'm really into it right now. I've never gone to big into the House genre, only Electro House.

Listen to Hardwell. There's a reason why he's #1. Also, look back at this thread and look at the songs I posted, as most if not all are progressive house. Also, this came out just over a week ago and I'm in love..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcExUEI6OCs

Also

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x96UJizUroI

Never been a huge Hardwell fan, even when I saw him live in Tomorrowland, thought he wasn't the best.

I just think his sound isn't very special, I like bangers as much as the next guy but unlike the other DJ's he doesn't sound unique to me. There's a few DJ's I'd pick over him but maybe I'll take a re-look at him. I do have a lot of his songs.

Right now I got a new car and the speakers have killer bass, so oddly enough I'm listening to a lot of House and Deep House right now with some slower progressive.

Like this stuff:

Deep House

House

Progressive House

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. This will be one of the biggest events to have ever come to Vancouver. Very surprised we got one actually, could possibly be due to Trevor Guthrie living here. 6+ hours of Armin....

https://www.youtube....h?v=ul9oq1asreY

Sign me up Coach.

Just saw Guthrie sing here at BP16 before W&W came on.

Venue's not announced yet. Hopefully its NOT the Coliseum.

Praying for Commodore.

Edited by Armada

RL Grime <3

Also, how is Deadmau5 live? Is it worth going to Edmonton early next year to see him? I don't see any tour dates for him coming to Vancouver yet.

I've heard he is terrible, just presses play and doesn't really do much.

Edited by Jägermeister

Under Control video came out today

Also, how is Deadmau5 live? Is it worth going to Edmonton early next year to see him? I don't see any tour dates for him coming to Vancouver yet.

Deadmau5 is absolutely horrible, huge sell-out, if it even mentions "Unhooked" don't even consider, which means he's playing without his head, and its not a "complete" show by his standards, eg. Contact last year, he was a joke. Just don't....

Well he definitely wasn't right in the head.. he flew in from Toronto apparently, and got there 1 hour before his set. and apparently tweeted right before "Just landing in vancouver for my show tonight ughh". And when my friend tweeted him post-concert telling him he gave a bad performance he answered to her "Because you were there". Stay classy Deadmau5.

Can't believe I didn't hear this tune until now.. Well then again I heard it on Avicii's set at UMF Miami but I didn't stumble back onto it until tonight. Such a sick drop.

That brings me such fond Tomorrowland memories, like huge smile on my face.

Good find.

Edited by Jägermeister