The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

Anyone going to BPSweet 16? Had tickets but gave thm away I'm so bummed! Tell me how it was!!!

It was pretty decent. I'm not a huge trap or dubstep guy, but 12th Planet and Adventure Club had some really good sets (they played some hardstyle too). W&W killed it as usual (although i think their set when they came here a few months ago was better). Something happened with Nervo's flight, so W&W had to swap set times with them and actually ended up playing 20 minutes longer than scheduled. Pretty cool, except that meant Nervo only had a 40 minute set.

Wasn't a huge fan of the stage or production though... Thought they would've put in more money for their 16 year event, but the lighting was subpar and the confetti was unimpressing

It was pretty decent. I'm not a huge trap or dubstep guy, but 12th Planet and Adventure Club had some really good sets (they played some hardstyle too). W&W killed it as usual (although i think their set when they came here a few months ago was better). Something happened with Nervo's flight, so W&W had to swap set times with them and actually ended up playing 20 minutes longer than scheduled. Pretty cool, except that meant Nervo only had a 40 minute set.

Wasn't a huge fan of the stage or production though... Thought they would've put in more money for their 16 year event, but the lighting was subpar and the confetti was unimpressing

Yup.

First time I watched a show at the Coliseum. The sound wasn't the best.

Imagine listening at BC Place. It'll be even worse since the stadium is huge and it'll be very echoey

Being at Contact last year, I can say it was much better than how the set up is at any PNE show. Looks like they're blowing a lot of money on it this year too, so expect the stage, sound system, and everything else to be top notch

Wonder how the acoustics change with the roof being open?

Well if it rains then it won't be open ;)

Being at Contact last year, I can say it was much better than how the set up is at any PNE show. Looks like they're blowing a lot of money on it this year too, so expect the stage, sound system, and everything else to be top notch

I dunno.. I find the shows at Pacific Coliseum somewhat echoey so I'm just imagining BC Place is worse.. Day 2 of Contact looks sick though. Bingo Players, Dirty South and Kaskade

Well if it rains then it won't be open ;)

I dunno.. I find the shows at Pacific Coliseum somewhat echoey so I'm just imagining BC Place is worse.. Day 2 of Contact looks sick though. Bingo Players, Dirty South and Kaskade

Everything's new at BC Place (Including massive new Sound system) plus there's a lot less exposed Concrete compared to the old BC Place and the Coliseum, so hopefully we'll see less Echo.

Anyone know if they're selling single day passes for Contact or if they can be bought off people? I refuse to pay to see Skillrex even if it is Dada with them.

Looks like I can't make Freaknight, so going to Dooms. Hopefully Tiesto live is as good as I hear he is.

Anyone know if they're selling single day passes for Contact or if they can be bought off people? I refuse to pay to see Skillrex even if it is Dada with them.

Looks like I can't make Freaknight, so going to Dooms. Hopefully Tiesto live is as good as I hear he is.

tbh, I could've went to Freaknight but didn't have the extra cash so I settled with Dooms. And yes single day passes for Contact are on sale tomorrow at 10am.

Tiesto blew my mind at Paradiso! And I've been hearing that since he's closing out the second day and it is the 10 year anniversary for Dooms that it's going to be more than just your typical 2 hour set. Possibly live singers, stage performers, extended set, etc. He is a legend for a reason

Hardwell crowned #1 DJ. Deservingly so.

And Solid Events Instagram commented on their picture saying "see you soon ;) " so that all but guarantees Hardwell will be in Vancouver for NYE.

Can you shoot me a link for DJ Top 100. My biased vote was for NERVO as #1

I know it was:

1.Hardwell

2.Armin?

3.Avicii

4.Tiesto

I heard there were a few who didn't make it into there that should have beat out others, like Carnage.

On a side note for those DEEP HOUSE lovers. This is probably one of the best I've ever heard.

Edited by Armada

https://www.facebook...21478797&type=1

How Alesso didn't make Top 10 but Skrillex and David Guetta and Afrojack did is beyond me. Those 3 are severely overrated and don't belong in the Top 20.

Ya.. I swear Skrillex especially has fallen off the planet.

Its all just a popularity contest but still cool to see.

Why are Swedish House Mafia still kicking around at 26...?

Ya.. I swear Skrillex especially has fallen off the planet.

Its all just a popularity contest but still cool to see.

Why are Swedish House Mafia still kicking around at 26...?

I guess they ranked it based on this year? No idea. I'd think Calvin Harris woulda been up there in top 10 if it's based off of popularity. Afrojack isn't popular on mainstream radio at all compared to Calvin Harris.