The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Looks more and more like JR's retirement was forced

----------------------------------

- PWInsider has confirmed earlier reports that Jim Ross retiring from WWE was mostly a Vince McMahon decision and at least partially had to do with his behavior during SummerSlam weekend at the 2K14 panel. Ross retiring is actually WWE's way of announcing that he had been let go without causing any major uproar among fans since Ross is so beloved. This way, Ross could leave the company as a hero who left on his own.

Edited by Grapefruits

Looks more and more like JR's retirement was forced

----------------------------------

- PWInsider has confirmed earlier reports that Jim Ross retiring from WWE was mostly a Vince McMahon decision and at least partially had to do with his behavior during SummerSlam weekend at the 2K14 panel. Ross retiring is actually WWE's way of announcing that he had been let go without causing any major uproar among fans since Ross is so beloved. This way, Ross could leave the company as a hero who left on his own.

Figures...the company has been trying to move him on since booting him off Raw in favour of Michael Cole. JR's best days are behind him, but I'd still listen to him over Cole for play-by-play anyday. He'll be missed.

TNA this week was great.

I was extremely tired when I watched it, so I didn't even get the full excitement from some of the matches that I normally would (so I did go back & watched the show a 2nd time), but the WHC & Mainevent matches especially were just great.

Anderson with a great showing, Magnus with a great showing, Styles obviously with a great showing.

Only bad part was the Chavo/Hernandez/Storm/Gunner segment, but as I was watching I was thinking "alright this really sucks, but its just to bring the crowd down for the ME" So whatever, it sucked but it made sense.

Then wow what a show Styles & Magnus put on, capped off with a Spiral Tap.

Great show from TNA this week, this is like 8.5 - 8.75/10 for me, maybe even 8.5 - 9. There was really nothing bad, it was very good from start to finish. We saw multiple great matches and saw lasting images from this show.

As a wrestling fan, not much more I could ask.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Another Aces & 8's member just leaving like that. Bully, Knux, Bitchoff, and Brisco closing out the storyline would be such a fail.

He more or less was written out of it last night. They had a crazy brawl with Knux powerbombing him and Bully taking off his cut. That would mean he's gone to me.