The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

JR is said to be in talks with Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling

According to a new report from The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has been in talks with people from Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling.

There aren't many details available yet regarding who exactly Ross has been talking with or if there are serious negotiations going on, just that J.R. has been in contact with people from the promotion.

TNA and GFW are in talks with the same tv network.

It's odd WGN would be even in talks considering their dropping all sports programming starting in 2015.

WGN also used to air WWE Superstars in 2011 but didn't renew the rights citing it didn't live up to expectations.

TNA Wrestling and Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling are reportedly in talks with the same television network regarding a broadcasting deal. The bad news for both is that very few networks are interested in adding pro wrestling to their scheduled according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

TNA will of course have the advantage having been in operation for twelve years although Spike TV dropping the company might not help their efforts.

WGN seems to be the likely candidate for TNA according to insider rambling.

I know it's been almost a week since Raw but the segment with Ambrose and Rollins was quite comical. Ambrose saying about some personal items in the briefcase, "I didn't know that side of you Seth." Then later the briefcase is buzzing. And Rollins grabs it and says, "it's an electric razor!"

King says, "he has a beard..."

Too funny.

Just flipping through the channel guide and Sportsnet 360 is showing "WWE Net Pak Freeview" It's a preview of whats available on the WWE Network. By the looks of the guide, it's gonna be a weekly show.

Right now they are airing The Monday Night War. I guess this is gonna replace WWE Vintage Collection.

Just flipping through the channel guide and Sportsnet 360 is showing "WWE Net Pak Freeview" It's a preview of whats available on the WWE Network. By the looks of the guide, it's gonna be a weekly show.

Right now they are airing The Monday Night War. I guess this is gonna replace WWE Vintage Collection.

WWE Network is embroiled in a battle with CRTC to stay on the air in Canada

According to F4WOnline.com, the WWE Network is facing a big problem in Canada, and is reportedly fighting to stay on TV.

WWE currently has a deal with Rogers Communications, which airs the WWE Network on TV, and The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) feels the WWE Network is "stepping on the toes" of other channels in Canada, such as The Fight Network.

Sting teasing big news.

The latest Sting-related tease comes from the legendary wrestler himself. While Facebook promoting his appearance at "The Big Event" next month in Flushing, New York, Sting that some big news is on the horizon.

MetsFan4Ever has credibility as he's been right in the past. Unlike previous reports by dirtsheets about Sting being close to signing.

Hopefully Sting is teasing and referring to his rumored debut.

- For what it's worth, Reddit user MetsFan4Ever notes that Sting may be on WWE TV around late January. This could be a sign that Sting will finally debut on the Road to WrestleMania 31. This should be taken as a rumor for now. MetsFan4Ever is the one who recently said there had been plans for a Hell In a Cell match with The Bella Twins but as noted, he is a verified WWE insider and has broke stories in the past.
Edited by J529

Christian hasn't been used as he's viewed as "fragile". Truly sad to see his in-ring career end like this.

Sounds like them keeping him around is out of pity.

He's is a great talker so have him act as manager for young and upcoming talent or commentary.

- Christian, who has not competed since March after suffering a mild concussion, has been reportedly cleared to wrestle for some time now.

According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com, he is being kept out the ring due to WWE officials seeing him as fragile.

"For Christian, there's people who think that he's too fragile now, because of his age and because he keeps getting hurt," Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio.

"I think the mentality is that his wrestling days are over, and they probably want to keep him somewhere, but they haven't offered him a spot as an agent or as a trainer. I don't know if they will, but they (just) haven't cut him yet.

Steve Austin is training for WWE Comeback

Who would Austin face at WM31? Stone Cold/Punk Headlining WM31. But lets be realistic, I could see Stone Cold/Cena.

WE Hall of Famer Steve Austin recently mentioned that he was training for a comeback. In a recent Steve Austin Show podcast with former wrestler and bodybuilder Ric Drason, Austin said: "I'm trying to get back into shape for a comeback." Austin casually made the comment and didn't go into any further detail.

Honestly. I think wrestling as a whole is pretty much on the decline in demograhic, but what seperates WWE from TNA, when it comes down to folding, is that the WWE is already a multi-million dollar business, while TNA is holding on by their teeth. So even if their programming is more entertaining than the E or they put more money into their product, that's doesnt matter until they draw more fans.

ECW didn't have any ratings, it was still great because it put on great wrestling.

I don't understand this way of looking at thing (from a fans perspective).

If the company is putting on a good product, why can't it just be a good product? Why does it have to be the biggest company or else it doesn't matter?

Raw was just horrible on Monday, they had 3 separate diva matches in 1 night, 2 is normally the max, but 3 just goes to show they have nothing anymore.

What this company needs is competition again, because there is no competition they have nothing to worry about. and that's why we keep seeing the same old boring stuff all the time. With competition they will be forced to changed to become better, but until that happens things will just be the same from now on out.

The WWE network may be what they need to force them, they aren't doing nearly as well as they hoped/expected, and they are cutting back budgets on everything.

I mean change is a long ways off, but this WWE network could potentially push them to change.

Who would Austin face at WM31? Stone Cold/Punk Headlining WM31. But lets be realistic, I could see Stone Cold/Cena.

Austin/Rock.

Austin/Cena would be horrible and the same old crap.

Punk with the WWE, and I doubt he comes back. Even if he would for Austin (which I guess is possible) I would rather see the Rock.

Other than that who else is there besides Lesnar.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

John Cena and Randy Orton are apparently unhappy with recent episodes of Monday Night Raw. Join the club!

Raw hasn’t had an entertaining episode since before SummerSlam. Wrestling fans have had to deal with uninteresting and cringe worthy segments featuring the Bella Twins family drama, Adam Rose’s Bunny friend and the same old rematches week after week. Fans of wrestling often have to defend why they like a “fake sport.” The last four weeks of Raw have given me no moments I could show a non-fan and say, “See how awesome this can be?” In fact, if someone walked in the room, I’d probably change the channel over to Monday Night Football, and I’d probably be more entertained.

It’s no wonder two of the company’s top performers are annoyed with the current creative trends of the product. Orton hasn’t had character direction or development in months. His match at Night of Champions with Chris Jericho, while far surpassing expectations in terms of in-ring work, had almost no storyline heat behind it. Jericho made a snide comment, Orton attacked him backstage, then they had the match. Fans were given little reason to care, so when Orton won, it meant nothing.

According to the Daily Wrestling News, Orton is looking for some time off due to his frustration. This is a fantastic idea. His character is rather stale, and the moment and absence does make the heart grow fonder. Upon return, he could be a fresh babyface, upset with the Authority over never getting to invoke his rematch clause for the WWE title after losing at Wrestlemania 30. This sets up a championship match with Brock Lesnar. Doing this would also give fans a fresh main event that they haven’t seen before.

Cena, the company’s No. 1 man, may be unfulfilled as well. The build toward Lesnar/Cena at SummerSlam was well done. The build toward the Night of Champions rematch, however, left a lot to be desired. On one specific episode of Raw, Cena kidnapped Paul Heyman and held him hostage. This is how you book your top babyface? As a kidnapper? I’d be annoyed too if my mission was to send a positive message to kids and then they have me commit a felony on television.

Then there was Cena’s first appearance after the SummerSlam loss. He basically single-handedly destroyed the Wyatt Family because Vince McMahon wanted him to appear strong after a loss. Cena, sounding like he has a better mind for wrestling than “smart fans” want to give him credit for, hated this booking decision. He figured there were better ways to make him look strong than burying a young, up and coming stable. Well, we all know who got the last word. McMahon always gets his way.

When your top performers start showing frustration regarding the creative direction, it’s time to change something up. Raw has been almost unwatchable. Just because Monday Night Football is back doesn’t mean the WWE should throw in the towel. Dedicated fans still watch, and those are the last people you want to upset, because get this: they probably subscribe to the WWE Network. You want their $9.99, don’t you?

http://www.rantsports.com/pro-wrestling/2014/09/29/wwe-rumors-john-cena-randy-orton-upset-with-recents-raw-episodes/

I'd say you're reading a lot more into that. Until he actually says WWE, I don't see Austin coming back. He's mentioned stuff like this before just to mess with the fans.

If he did though, Punk would be the #1. That match could intrigue him enough to come back, and an Austin/Punk match would get Vince salivating with $$$ signs.

I don't like Lesnar, too much of a hard hitting match. Ambrose could be interesting.

ECW didn't have any ratings, it was still great because it put on great wrestling.

I don't understand this way of looking at thing (from a fans perspective).

ECW actually had pretty decent ratings (700,000-1.7M), considering there wasn't streaming back then and it wasn't on basic cable.

ECW actually had pretty decent ratings (700,000-1.7M), considering there wasn't streaming back then and it wasn't on basic cable.

Wasn't it on TNN? I think I remember watching it on Friday nights.

*Edit*

It was definitely on TNN

Edited by Grapefruits

What a garbage episode!

The Rock made this worth watching and Dean Ambrose at the end, oh man I had goosebumps when The Rock came out to shut up Rusev and Lana.

Yeah, that was rather painful to watch. If it wasn't for Ambrose I wouldn't watch at all these days. It's a shame Ambrose wasn't around in the attitude days, the pg crap is neutering his character potential.