The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

2 hours ago, JV77 said:

Man the hate and boo's is so uncalled for.  They all boo the guy once they realized he was getting the spotlight and push.  When Batista came back everyone booed him for winning the Royal Rumble saying he is an old, washed up part timer and wanted fresh faces getting the push.  The next year Reigns gets the push being a young guy and wins the Royal Rumble and fans boo him.

People are allowed to hate whatever they want. It's their job to watch, it's the WWE's job to put something out there for them to get excited about.

Like I said above, I feel for Roman getting booed, but it's not like the stuff is uncalled for, or unwarranted. Like I feel bad for the actual guy, because you can see the frustration on his face, despite his trying. But the thing is, that just because they throw someone young out there, doesn't mean it's the right choice, or the one that people want in a specific circumstance.

They're rejecting Roman pretty hard out there, especially for the guy who's supposed to be the face of the company. It's easy to list his failings as said face, but there's no obligation to cheer for the face of the company because the company says so, or because he fits some mould.

I'll put it this way. Part of the reason that Batista was booed was because I was a part time Hollywood guy coming back. The other was that they just didn't care about him. He had no momentum, no purpose. He felt shoehorned in at the expense of others. He wasn't who they wanted to see. The reason they're booing Roman is the same. This guy, as he stands, is not the one that people want to see. There's no clear Daniel Bryan here, but it doesn't mean that there aren't more eligible people to go for the title that people would rather see.

It's transparent how much they're forcing the issue with him getting over, and that's where a lot of the backlash stems from. He's was miscast, and the booking surrounding him has torn him down to a level where it will take a while to rebuild him. They're throwing everything/everyone and the kitchen sink at the issue, and that's making it worse.

Also, I've seen people that have put in more time, and deserved the chances he's gotten, who haven't gotten it either. The hardship of being a guy who gets continuous title shots, title wins, back to back Wrestlemania main events, and 15-25 minutes all the time in matches, and opening Raw promos on the mic, to show what he can do... and failing? These aren't hardships at all, compared to the guys who never got a minute, or a tiny fraction of the opportunity Roman has been given here. Chances he has gotten over the last near year and a half+ despite not working out in the first place. Guys who never got a chance, but deserve it more than him.

So my feelings towards the boos are definitely not that they're uncalled for. If people didn't at least feel partly the way I did, he wouldn't be booed out of nearly every building he's been walking into.

I said, way, way back, that the best way to build his character was to allow for the crowds to grow on him naturally. He's the hot tag of a former stable/tag team, so you play on his strengths and hide his weaknesses while you allow him to grow as he needs to. When he failed out of the title picture last year, I dreaded the inevitability of him just main eventing and actually winning the next year. They pulled him from winning because of the upcoming disastrous fan reaction and moved it forward to 2016 with a year long plan to get him over.

What I said was that he needed to stay away from the main event, and title pictures, so people could warm up to him, without being forced to accept or reject him, in the sink or swim format that the main event picture is. You couldn't rush him back, your 1 year plans be damned. Even after he got booed out of Survivor Series after having his title stripped away from him by Sheamus in November, I said the same thing. Keep him away from the main event. They instead immediately gave the title back to him. They keep shoving him up there, and the act keeps on sinking. Now it's pretty much gotten to a point where the whole thing has drowned and its lungs are waterlogged.

It sounds dramatic. But he got booed in the weeks leading up to the Royal Rumble, the Royal Rumble itself, most of the weeks leading up to Fast Lane, The Fast Lane main event, and every week since leading up the Royal Rumble, even when he wasn't present.

The failing of keeping him off TV, and hoping for a monstrous pop and positive crowd reaction last night, only to be hit with more unanimous boos and indifference, that underscores everything about why the fans are booing him.

Like imagine if they just let him progress into a program with someone like Jericho for Wrestlemania. That's exactly what they needed if they wanted to get him over as a face. It puts him out of relevance for a while, but he would be getting the reactions from people. Jericho could make people boo peace on earth, or cheer cancer. These are the sort of progressions he needs to be making, over a period of time.

Sticking him for a short summer with Bray Wyatt, and then contentiously playing the "stacked deck" card against him, a la Daniel Bryan, doesn't work. It's why Ambrose is so over. Because the company legitimately has the deck stacked against him for getting his first title run. That's the crappy one year plan that showed they learned nothing from the Wrestlemania they almost failed in.

Like if TNA is a damaged brand as a company/promotion, Reigns is a damaged brand as a wrestler/main eventer. You can nurse it back to health, but the people need a reason to believe you, because they feel like they've been burned in the past. It's a gradual process.

All that said, the one thing that is hilarious is that they keep putting this effort into making Roman Reigns a thing, when it's just not working. They see the prefect physical image, but that's where their fault is. They tried, bet on the wrong horse, and failed, but that they can't just move on and try with someone else is what's funny. Build someone else up.

• Upvote 1

Build someone else up.

Who?  Ziggler they don't seem to care about.  Neville just got injured last night.  Ambrose is perfect but is good with Lesnar.  Wade Barrett is leaving.  KO is a great heel and is bound to have a good match with Zayn.  No one likes Sheamus, ADR and Rusev.  The New Day is good.  Cesaro, Rollins, Orton and now Neville are injured.  Ryback is a joke anymore.  If RR is slated to win the title, they need to turn him heel the night after Raw.  Use how people don't like him and say he won the title on his own, go that route.

Did anyone else order the wwe network from Shaw? I phoned yesterday, and they said that you don't get your first month free, you have to pay $11.99. Maybe the promotion is only in the States? Can someone confirm this?

Also, I've been to about 5 Walmarts, and none of them carry the wwe network card. 

1 hour ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Did anyone else order the wwe network from Shaw? I phoned yesterday, and they said that you don't get your first month free, you have to pay $11.99. Maybe the promotion is only in the States? Can someone confirm this?

Also, I've been to about 5 Walmarts, and none of them carry the wwe network card. 

I use a DNS server and just subscribe from WWE.com

RIP Neville's Ankle.

3 hours ago, swflyers8 said:

If RR is slated to win the title

He will

3 hours ago, swflyers8 said:

they need to turn him heel the night after Raw.  Use how people don't like him and say he won the title on his own, go that route.

They won't. That is ideal, but they want him to be the guy that moves the company foward, not the foil against another guy to do it. Even it's just a temporary thing that every other star they've had went through first. That's what's so frustrating here. If they wanted to do that, they would have done it already.

And it's easy to dismiss others, after we're only 3 weeks from Wrestlemania. He's the only one that could realistically do it, because he's the only one that was built to do so. Both in terms of booking credibility, and the basic fact that they kept everyone else busy doing something else.

3 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

You get access to the online thing as well, but what you're paying for is a TV channel when you buy the Canadian version from a cable provider. That's pretty sweet if you're not a cable cutter, as you get the PPV as a literal TV PPV with the quality that entails, rather than the dinky online one elsewhere with the choppy streaming service.

But that means you can't get the card or the free trial here, sadly. Maybe there's a work around, but nothing from a straightforward perspective. Like just buying the American version.

Styles vs. Owens is schedule on Smackdown, this week. Hopefully this means both Jericho and Styles are inserted into the IC title match at Mania. 

Zayn vs. Styles vs. Jericho vs. Owens in a fatal-four way, yes please.

52 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Styles vs. Owens is schedule on Smackdown, this week. Hopefully this means both Jericho and Styles are inserted into the IC title match at Mania. 

Zayn vs. Styles vs. Jericho vs. Owens in a fatal-four way, yes please.

That would be a great match. I mean I'd rather see two singles matches, but rather than two matches with time constraints, one without any might just work better.

3 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

You get access to the online thing as well, but what you're paying for is a TV channel when you buy the Canadian version from a cable provider. That's pretty sweet if you're not a cable cutter, as you get the PPV as a literal TV PPV with the quality that entails, rather than the dinky online one elsewhere with the choppy streaming service.

But that means you can't get the card or the free trial here, sadly. Maybe there's a work around, but nothing from a straightforward perspective. Like just buying the American version.

Wait, if you get the channel from shaw, do you get full access to the all the online content?  So I could still just log in to the app and watch from there too?

24 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Wait, if you get the channel from shaw, do you get full access to the all the online content?  So I could still just log in to the app and watch from there too?

There's a way to do it. I don't have the network myself, so I don't know the method for it. But I've personally seen it happen. Something about using the browser instead of the app to log in, I think.

3 hours ago, JV77 said:

yeah you still get the full online access. I'm subscribed through Rogers and have full online access through the app and website. You use your provider log in info on wwe network website or app and it should work. Just follow the steps when you log in and choose your provider. 

22 minutes ago, Madness said:

yeah you still get the full online access. I'm subscribed through Rogers and have full online access through the app and website. You use your provider log in info on wwe network website or app and it should work. Just follow the steps when you log in and choose your provider. 

That's interesting to know.  I have been using the US version from the app using a VPN.  Paying $5/month for the VPN and $9.99 (US) for the Network.  I always assumed getting the channel from shaw would only give me the channel and no on demand access.

one thing that bothered me about that triple h beat down, watching this package on smackdown, was when the guys came in to stop reigns from further beating his ass-- he just stops and stares. would you ever see steve austin just stand there with like 3 guys trying to stop him after a wrong doing? it took the heel faction or an army of cops to stop him. jack swagger (who was probably told by someone, "hey you're not doing anything, get in there and do something") and the usos stopped reigns, with mark henry like whoa whoa, dude!  there was no fire in his eyes, no real reaction after being out from a "broken nose"-- none at least that you would expect from someone who wanted revenge. this is why this guy is not over

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Upvote 2

They don't need to turn Reigns heel. Just have him be edgy and continue to be aggressive physically beating HHH's ass. This is what they should have done with Cena's stale character. At WM win or lose Reigns continues to beat on HHH following the match, and when people come out to try and stop him, he kicks all their asses too. If The Rock comes out during the match to even the odds Roman could turn on him too.  He snaps again. Make him a tweener. Most of the crowd is supporting HHH, so they would be sympathetic towards him. I wish they would have Roman physically do something to Steph. I know they won't because of violence against women. Steph knows how to work and take bumps. Remember when Orton delivered RKO to Steph.

Have this feeling that Linda is going to return at WM during Shane/Undertaker and stick it to Vince. Linda isn't going to run for office again.  

Stinger's done. We will never get Undertaker VS Sting.

Sting's Wrestling Career Over
Posted by Steve Carrier on 03/17/2016 at 09:57 AM

Sting has been forced into retirement due to his injury he suffered in his match against Seth Rollins back in September at Night of Champions. 

Sources told TMZ that Sting was evaluated by several doctors and they informed him that it’s too risky for him to get back into the ring. Sting was formally diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis, the same condition that forced Edge to retire back in 2011. 

Sting is expected to make his official announcement regarding retirement at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in Texas. It’s being said that Sting is open to working a non-physical role with the company but no formal offer has been made. 

6 hours ago, Nail3738 said:

Stinger's done. We will never get Undertaker VS Sting.

Sad way to end his in-ring career. Sting vs. Undertaker was never going to happen. They could have at least given some kind of segment between the two.

Still hoping Sting makes some kind of appearance at WM. He still show up and cost The Undertaker to lose. Have Sting the guy who ended The Authority all but briefly, be the one to finally end The Authority for good.

Next night on Raw Sting can come out and and have a send off and this is where you could have Sting/Undertaker moment.