The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

2 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Wonder if The Ryback ends up in TNA. His first appearance he can be a shoot promo on WWE and trash them like so many former talents have done.

I honestly hope not. I mean I appreciate what the guy did and said in this departure from the WWE, but like I said a week ago or so in this thread, his absence has been one of the reasons I was able to enjoy the show more.

His pre-show match against Kalisto was a solid way to go out though. If it took him knowing he was on his way out to show that he was capable of putting on good matches, then I question his motivation and drive, overall.

As someone who watches TNA, I don't want to see him on TNA. It would probably be a smart move on their end from name recognition alone, but I don't like what he brings to the table from a performance stand point. Impact has been a consistently good show essentially this entire year, and I don't want to see additions that could mess it up. It would be about weighing the dynamic of bringing in an anti-WWE figure in. Whatever allure that would have would wear out pretty quickly until you just have the same old Ryback running around.

20 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

lol at a certain age you just don't give a **** anymore

Like when Val Venis showed up as Sean Morley in TNA and his forgettable TNA run. Highlight of his run was when he showed up to play strip poker with The Beautiful People at 2:39 when Impact was going head to head with WWE and Raw in 2010.

Bret actually has positive things to say about his experience at Payback.

Bret Hart typically doesn't have many nice things to say about Triple H, but the WWE Hall of Famer says The Game was "very cordial" to him backstage at Payback. Hart was at Payback to accompany Natalya to her match against Charlotte with Ric Flair, and The Hitman says Triple H treated him "like a million bucks" backstage. Hart talked about meeting with Triple H and the McMahons on his podcast The Sharpshooter Show.

"I sensed a lot of sincerity there on everyones part," said the 7-time World Champion about his experience at Payback. "From Vince down to Triple H to Shane. Shane was very gracious and had some really nice things to say about me that I had forgot about. I was a very protective guy of Shane years ago when he was just a young guy in the business. I looked out for him a lot and I think it was nice for him to tell me that. That he never forgot how much I looked out for him and protected him from a lot of the vices and evils that were lurking about in pro wrestling. Hart, whose career was cut short by a concussion, also used his podcast to talk about Enzo Amore getting injured at the pay-per-view. Hart shared his memory of talking with Ric Flair after the spot occured, and Flair looking "horrified." "He said to me, 'He broke his neck,' Hart said of his interaction with The Nature Boy. "They took [Amore] to the hospital. He seemed very upset and a lot of the other wrestlers were upset. Luckily within a few minutes everyone was like, Nah, its ok. Hes hurt. Hes got concussion symptoms but he didnt break his neck. There was a lot of relief." Hart didn't point blame at anyone for the injury, but pointed out that the ropes in a WWE ring "are almost like iron bars across the ring."

TNA picking up Sandow would be a brilliant move for everyone involved. It's the promotion most similar to the WWE when it comes to mic work and character building.

They could use him, and vice versa.