The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

I doubt they "pulled the plug." It seemed very obvious to me that this was the plan all along. When Bryan joined the Wyatts, I had a feeling he'd betray them. I mean, all this was taking place before the Royal Rumble. It was obvious something like this was going to happen. It's clear they are gearing up for a match between Bryan and Wyatt at the Rumble, perhaps in a cage.

Edited by Canuck or Die

I thought it was a great idea. The Wyatt family are so good and believable, with Bryan they could have been great.

They could have ran with it and turned it into a great storyline. Instead the gave up on it way too early.

They messed up with Bryan from the start. Them sticking him with the Wyatts only fit the WWE pattern (when someone is more over than Cena, and is challenging Cena, turn him heel)

I think alot of us saw it was a bad idea from the start, and that Bryan should have been doing much better things in the first place not getting buried by HHH then becoming a mid card act with the Wyatts.

They took alot of criticism for it, so good on them for turning him back, the only thing I don't understand is why they did it, I mean its logical, but WWE is usually illogical & has no problem not giving fans what they want. Maybe it was Jim Ross criticizing them that put it over the edge for them.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

They messed up with Bryan from the start. Them sticking him with the Wyatts only fit the WWE pattern (when someone is more over than Cena, and is challenging Cena, turn him heel)

I think alot of us saw it was a bad idea from the start, and that Bryan should have been doing much better things in the first place not getting buried by HHH then becoming a mid card act with the Wyatts.

They took alot of criticism for it, so good on them for turning him back, the only thing I don't understand is why they did it, I mean its logical, but WWE is usually illogical & has no problem not giving fans what they want. Maybe it was Jim Ross criticizing them that put it over the edge for them.

I'll agree there. They still missed a huge opportunity though. Bryan could be used as the ultimate evil, he does have the beard for it. Then again, I forget WWE is TV-PG. Oh the possibilities.

bryan never turned heel to begin with

it's just something austin said many times on his show, bryan is organically over, and it's hard for guys today to be that over and connect with the crowd. look at bryan controlling the YES chant at the end of raw. that's respect

So

YES

or

What

So

YES

or

What

no idea what you're getting at, but the crowd's decided that they love daniel bryan. doesn't matter what wwe does, it won't stop the crowd from cheering this guy. i think what wwe did was smart. cool his heat down a little bit, let it simmer for a few weeks and if the crowd's still hot, pull the plug and go from there. i don't think he was hurt at all being with the wyatts, it just rounds out the royal rumble card having a program with them

no idea what you're getting at, but the crowd's decided that they love daniel bryan. doesn't matter what wwe does, it won't stop the crowd from cheering this guy. i think what wwe did was smart. cool his heat down a little bit, let it simmer for a few weeks and if the crowd's still hot, pull the plug and go from there. i don't think he was hurt at all being with the wyatts, it just rounds out the royal rumble card having a program with them

I thought it was obvious. Which is gonna have the longest impact? Stone Colds What? or Bryans Yes. The crowd loved Hogan as well, we all know how that turned out

Yeah either don't do it at all and let him keep going at his rate, or put him with the Wyatt's and do it well like they should have. Whats the point of half assing it and scraping it literally 1 or 2 weeks after making his tv debut?

Edited by Del Rio

I'll agree there. They still missed a huge opportunity though. Bryan could be used as the ultimate evil, he does have the beard for it. Then again, I forget WWE is TV-PG. Oh the possibilities.

Turning him heel completely would have been stupid, as Twilight said he's organically over like few are. Guys that get over like this are rare.

In the bigger picture, I don't care about Bryan cause he's wasting away in the midcard, I'll enjoy his match, but I don't really care about him. He should be in the mainevent, he should be the guy.

Yeah either don't do it at all and let him keep going at his rate, or put him with the Wyatt's and do it well like they should have. Whats the point of half assing it and scraping it literally 1 or 2 weeks after making his tv debut?

I didn't really care about the Wyatt thing anyway, I just want them to get away from it & have Bryan do better things.

BBHarry-Small.jpg

ECCW CHAMPIONSHIP, LADDER MATCH:

El Phantasmo (Champion) vs. “Ravenous” Randy Myers (Challenger)

ANYTHING GOES MATCH:

Jamie Diaz vs. Scotty Mac

CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP, TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:

“Supernatural” Nelson Creed (Champion) vs. Tony Baroni (Challenger) vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. (Challenger)

Alex Plexis vs. Artemis Spencer

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH: G.O.D.S. [bishop & Sid Sylum] & J Sin Sullivan vs. "The Loose Cannon" Kenny Lush, "Brilliant" Billy Suede & The King of the Yukon

The Bollywood Boyz [Gurv Sihra & Harv Sihra] (Champions) vs. Amerikan Guns [Ethan HD & Mike Santiago] (Challengers) vs. The Riot [Nicole Matthews & Andy "The Dreadful" Bird] (Challengers)

Peter Chao will also be appearing. (I really hope to see him get put through a table, he is so annoying)

And much much more…

Awesome, I'd be interested to see how they plan to lay out the Commodore for a wrestling show. Seen many concerts there, seems like an interesting idea. Anyone ever seen Scotty Mac? Seems like he's been with ECCW for a long time, so either he's good and wants to be here or he's just not good enough to go that next step?

Good to also see Nichole Mattews (local, half of the Canadian Ninja's tag team) is the lone female in a triple tag match.

+1 for wanting to see Peter Chao go through a table.

I loved Mae Young because she seemed up to do anything her body was capable of doing. I still remember being just shocked out of my mind when Bubba powerbombed her through a table. The whole time I was waiting for someone to come out for the save as I was sure no one that age would go through a table. When it happened, I just about freaked.

Her backstage antics of being the horny old grandma were always priceless, and her segment a few years ago when she called Lay-Cool sluts was awesome. I just hope one day I can get that image of her and Mark Henry in bed together out of my head.