The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Possible MAJOR WWE SPOILER

The following information is being advertised on PPLCenter.com for a #WWE live event in Allentown, PA on March 8th:

"WWE WORLD CHAMPION JOHN CENA SLAMS INTO ALLENTOWN DURING WWE LIVE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA AT PPL CENTER ON MARCH 8 TICKETS GO ON SALE THIS SATURDAY, JANUARY 17 AT 10 A.M. ATPPLCENTER.COM WWE's biggest Superstars, including John Cena, Randy Orton, and Kane, slam into Allentown during WWE Live Road to WrestleMania at PPL Center on Sunday, March 8 at 3 p.m. Tickets, starting at $15, will go on sale this Saturday, January 17 at 10 a.m. exclusively through PPL Center, online at PPLCenter.com, by phone at 610-347-TIXX or in person at the Mealey's Furniture Box Office located on 7th & Hamilton St. at PPL Center."

No-one has said anything about this. You'll really hate Cena if this happens.

Hogan, Hall, HBK and Flair are having a reunion segment on Raw next week. Nash was suppose to be apart of this and it was going to be nWo reunion until he got arrested and had the incident with his son, and Nash had his Legends contract suspended.

No-one has said anything about this. You'll really hate Cena if this happens.

I already do.

I go into each match of his fully expecting him to win clean. Every single time

On SD Reigns was talking to Rollins and actually referenced Looney Tunes' Sylvester the cat and said Sufferin' succotash. No wonder his promos are awful because Vince is writing his promos.

- Within WWE, there has been a lot of talk in regards to the manner in which Roman Reigns' promos have been scripted as of late. Dave Meltzer reported Wednesday in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that many people in the company are under the impression that Reigns' promos have put him in 'quicksand' and aren't helping him reach the next level at all.

After comparing himself to Superman on Raw, Reigns delivered another cartoon-inspired promo on SmackDown while speaking face-to-face with Seth Rollins. Take a line from Looney Tunes character Sylvester, Reigns said "Sufferin' succotash." Regarding this, Meltzer mentioned on Twitter that Reigns' promos are being scripted by Vince McMahon.

W.W. Moan @WWMoan

Roman Reigns used the phrase "sufferin succotash" on Smackdown. My God, could they make this guy look like a bigger geek? @davemeltzerWON

@WWMoan Vince is writing his promos. Vince is really out of touch. I hate to say it but the promos speak for themselves.

How much of wrestling is really fake?

What parts do you guys enjoy the most?

Personally I like it when they are on the mic and a villian takes a shot at the crowd like Big Show did by calling them losers and not wanting competition in their lives.

Also enjoyed that CM Punk guy. Too bad he left.

Not too many good Wrestlers who can talk good smack left right now.

Current wrestling seems really boring compared to the Stone Cold and Rock Era.

Most of the gimmicks and moves are rip offs of wrestlers in the past. Daniel Bryan and his "YES!" movement is a blatant rip off of Stone Colds' "WHAT?!"

Edited by Chip Kelly

How much of wrestling is really fake?

The story lines. What they do in the ring is very athletic and much of it they make up as they go. Sure they know who the winner will be and they go through the match beforehand, but much of it is all about how they make the match work.

What parts do you guys enjoy the most?

The politics and backstage stuff. The real life injuries, stories from the road, their life stories. I watch the product, but it's the outside the ring stull that really interests me.

Personally I like it when they are on the mic and a villian takes a shot at the crowd like Big Show did by calling them losers and not wanting competition in their lives.

Watching the good ones on the mic work the crowd is awesome. Stone Cold used to be great at getting the crowd going.

Also enjoyed that CM Punk guy. Too bad he left.

He will likely be back someday.

Not too many good Wrestlers who can talk good smack left right now.

PG era

Current wrestling seems really boring compared to the Stone Cold and Rock Era.

Attitude era

Most of the gimmicks and moves are rip offs of wrestlers in the past. Daniel Bryan and his "YES!" movement is a blatant rip off of Stone Colds' "WHAT?!"

Stone Cold was one of those wrestlers that really paved his own way. He was given creative control for much of his mic work, t-shirt designs, and story lines. I get the feeling that Ambrose could do great thing if WWE if they took off the leash.

TNA tried signing Edge to become new on-air authority figure.

We noted before that TNA officials wanted former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio to debut on last Wednesday's Impact Wrestling premiere on Destination America but that obviously didn't work out. They also wanted WWE Hall of Famer Edge, who had just appeared on WWE TV the week before.

Edge and TNA didn't make it to serious negotiations and never discussed money or anything like that. The situation was described as TNA putting feelers out but "the fish didn't bite."

TNA wanted Edge to be the new TNA authority figure as Kurt Angle re-signed from the position because he returned to active competition.

I thought randy hated Hogan?

Hogan said they patched things up.

For those that don’t know, wrestling legends Hulk Hogan and Randy “Macho Man” Savage weren’t on speaking terms for quite some time. Apparently, it had to do with a falling out that happened in Miami many years ago.

According to Hogan, Savage and his then wife, Elizabeth Hulette, had a nasty argument at a hotel, and the police showed up, which got Savage into trouble. Savage blamed Hogan for the police arriving and also blamed him for speaking about their beef to the press. Tragically, Hulette died from an alcohol and drug overdose in 2003, and Savage died from a heart attack in 2011. Since then, Hogan has talked about patching up their old beef, and recently went into further detail about how they mended things.

“We ran into each other at a doctor’s office,” recalled Hogan. “I was on my seventh or eighth back surgery, and I couldn’t pass an EKG because I was getting just jammed up with anesthesia every three or four months…..Jennifer and I were sitting on those little seats in the doctor’s office in Tampa, and all of a sudden the door opens and in comes Randy.” “‘Yeeeah! Ooooh yeah! What’s up, Hogan’? He had that gleam in his eye and looked really healthy,” added the Hulkster. “He gained his weight back and he had a wedding ring on. I said, ‘Hey, Mach, what’s up with the ring’? He said, ‘Hey, just married my childhood sweetheart.’” But although the two legends were on speaking terms again, they never returned to having the same type of friendship they once had before, but Hogan did reach out to Savage three days before he passed away, and even invited him to his house for a social gathering. “I invited him over to have a barbecue, and really got back on track, which was cool,” Hogan explained. “Later, I was with Lanny, his brother, at an independent wrestling show. He told me their mom wasn’t doing so well with [Randy's father] Angelo passing away, so we had planned on having a barbecue at her house…..So, Lanny and I called Randy from the arena. Three days later, he had the heart attack. It was crazy.” And though it’s been almost three years since Savage passed away, Hogan says it’s still difficult for him, and he thinks about Savage all the time. “That’s the tough one,” he said. “Out of all the guys who have passed away, that’s the tough one for me. Because he was a great person.”

Got a question. Has anyone been to a house show? Last one I went to was in 1987, so I'm sure they've change a little, LOL! Looking at the cheapest seats since Abby has a rather small arena.

Is it worth going for that price? How long are the events?

Edited by Grapefruits

Got a question. Has anyone been to a house show? Last one I went to was in 1987, so I'm sure they've change a little, LOL! Looking at the cheapest seats since Abby has a rather small arena.

Is it worth going for that price? How long are the events?

I went back in August and it was actually a lot of fun. Went with a couple of buddies, we had cheap seats and had a good time. The show was about 2 hours long if I remember correctly, and the set up is way better than it used to be.

I went to a couple events in the mid-200's when they came to Vancouver and remember them coming out from behind a big black curtain. The one in Abby however actually had a proper ramp with the screens for entrance, albeit smaller compared to the ones you see on TV. The production value has definitely gone up and the matches were actually really good. The Randy Orton vs Dolp Ziggler match that night was very entertaining, along with the Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose match.

• Upvote 1

I went back in August and it was actually a lot of fun. Went with a couple of buddies, we had cheap seats and had a good time. The show was about 2 hours long if I remember correctly, and the set up is way better than it used to be.

I went to a couple events in the mid-200's when they came to Vancouver and remember them coming out from behind a big black curtain. The one in Abby however actually had a proper ramp with the screens for entrance, albeit smaller compared to the ones you see on TV. The production value has definitely gone up and the matches were actually really good. The Randy Orton vs Dolp Ziggler match that night was very entertaining, along with the Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose match.

Thank you.

2 hours seems a little short for my liking, but it is what it is I guess. It's about what I get from ASW and ECCW shows, they go about 3 hours but there is a short intermission.

Shame that's all we get nowadays, no RAW's, hell I'd even take a Smackdown here.

Still hoping that BC Place will get a WrestleMania one day.

Edited by Grapefruits