The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Trish vs. Victoria

Trish vs. Lita |

Trish vs. Lita ||

Trish vs. Mickie James

Nanako vs. Blazye

Michelle McCool vs. Melina

Trish vs Lita II is the only thing that comes remotely close to Sasha/Bayley. Others were just decent. Sasha/Bayley was exceptional. Revisionist history is the only explanation for any of those being considered better.

Trish vs. Victoria

Trish vs. Lita |

Trish vs. Lita ||

Trish vs. Mickie James

Nanako vs. Blazye

Michelle McCool vs. Melina

The one from The Bash 2009? If so, that match was decent enough for Michelle McCool but it was nowhere near the Bayley/Banks match. I'd put it at *** and the Blayze/Nakano match around ***1/2. The Trish/Lita matches were really good.

The Bayley/Banks match though was just something else though. Insane spots, great storytelling, supberp wrestling and just real genuine emotion. I'd put it at ****3/4 and would definitely have to say that it was the best WWE womens match that I've ever seen.

The one from The Bash 2009? If so, that match was decent enough for Michelle McCool but it was nowhere near the Bayley/Banks match. I'd put it at *** and the Blayze/Nakano match around ***1/2. The Trish/Lita matches were really good.

The Bayley/Banks match though was just something else though. Insane spots, great storytelling, supberp wrestling and just real genuine emotion. I'd put it at ****3/4 and would definitely have to say that it was the best WWE womens match that I've ever seen.

Night of Champions.

McCool did an interview, were both Melina and her got in trouble from Vince for being "too good for girls wrestling".

We got in trouble for our match at Night of Champions. We got in trouble for our match being quote-on-quote “too good… for girls.” So, I don’t care how much I get in trouble if that’s what I’m getting in trouble for. It started where I dropped kicked her on her slipt-entrance to the mat — crazy, crazy bump — which she was always game for. The crazier, the better! We always worked well with each other, always wanted to come up with something different; some new way to come out of her moves, get into one of my moves, something you don’t always see the girls do.”

Pushing the Envelope: “It was that day [Night of Champions] I was like: “could you not tell anybody, but do you think we could do a DDT on the barricade?” And she was like: “Ohhhh! Yeah!!!” — Not even thinking twice about it. We kind of hid it all day, even though we did ask our agent for approval, I think it was Fit — which is no secret that he was always fighting for the girls. We just made sure that we can stand up and get our balance, but we never actually did the bump. She was the one who was going to take the huge bump, and there was no doubt, no hesitation, that she would make it look ridiculous — and it did! [During the match] She finally takes the bump, it looks sick, pops off — up to that point, that was the best match I’ve ever had. We had the pay-per-view, we had time, I was really proud of that match.”

Big Time Trouble: “The next day, one of the agents came up to us and was like: “I can’t believe y’all did that! You have no idea! We were all backstage, scared to death!” We were like: “…What? We know how to safely bump. We wouldn’t do anything that would put either one of us at risk. We’re totally fine! If the men can do it, why can’t we do it?” He said: “It looked too good! You can’t go out there throwing punches like that, or taking bumps like that — that looks better than some of the guys! You can’t do that!” Finally, I remember Chris Jericho, who was by the ring, hears all of this going on. He said: “Look, if the guys can’t follow what the girls are doing, then the guys need to step it up! I thought it was awesome. They did great. And it’s not their problem that it looked that great!” I was like… “Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!” Because out of respect, we can’t say anything, and here comes one of the boys — Jericho, of all people, sticking up for us!”

Speculation now is that WWE wants Roman Reigns when he wins World Title to surpass CM Punk's reign of 434 days. This is stupid. Punk's reign wasn't the longest reign of all-time like A.J. Lee was the longest reigning Divas Champion of all-time. Punk was 6th longest World Title reign of all-time and the longest reign in the modern era.

With the recent feat of Nikki Bella surpassing AJ Lee as longest reigning WWE Divas Champion, Bryan Alvarez speculated on today's installment of Wrestling Observer Live that once Roman Reigns gets the WWE Championship, he will surpass CM Punk as the longest reigning WWE Champion. Alvarez mentions that ever since Punk left the company, and the fact that he's on bad terms with the organization, WWE doesn't want to recognize him on television as the longest reigning WWE Champion.

Speculation that Roman Reigns turns heel with Reigns being upset with Ambrose for bringing Jimmy Uso in the feud with Wyatts and getting destroyed.

According to sources, there is speculation that WWEs current plan with Roman Reigns is to turn him heel. Roman Reigns current feud with The Wyatt Family is seen as the start of potential heel turn for Roman Reigns. The belief is that bringing in Dean Ambrose and now Jimmy Uso into the feud was to help lead toward Reigns turning heel. Reigns would become upset with Ambrose for bringing in a family member into a feud that could get him seriously hurt.

Ever since Reigns broke away from The Shield, WWE tried really hard to turn him into a main event player, and that did not really take off. His run as a main event babyface is generally seen as a failure, so a heel turn would not be all that surprising.

Edited by the last outlaw

The Rock as the third member for Reigns/Ambrose. I don't see it happening. WWE would announce it before the PPV and why have Rock appear on a B PPV, especially when Wyatt's need to go over. The third member needs to be a big man/monster to oppose Braun Strowman. I will seriously cringe if their partner turns out to be Erick Rowan because he will no doubt turn on them and return to Wyatts.

During last night's installment of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer was asked if The Rock could possibly be making a surprised return to Sunday's WWE Night of Champions event as Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns' mystery partner in their scheduled bout against The Wyatt Family. While The Rock doesn't start filming the next season of Ballers for a couple of weeks, Meltzer said it is possible, however The Rock has always been good about making his WWE appearances meaningful. He said if the only reason they wanted him to show up to be a mystery partner, it doesn't seem like something he would do. If the appearance was to build for some sort of setup for the future, then it would more than likely happen.

Speculation now is that WWE wants Roman Reigns when he wins World Title to surpass CM Punk's reign of 434 days. This is stupid. Punk's reign wasn't the longest reign of all-time like A.J. Lee was the longest reigning Divas Champion of all-time. Punk was 6th longest World Title reign of all-time and the longest reign in the modern era.

Don't believe that, but Punk's was the longest since Nash held the title for a year in the mid-90's. If anyone was going to hold the title for a long period again now it would've been Brock Lesnar.

Backstage News on who the Mystery Partner might be. Pretty lame if it's either of those choice, but not unexpected.

Kane should be gunning for Rollins and costing him to lose the title to Sting.

Many have speculated that Erick Rowan would possibly be making his return at Sunday's Night of Champions event as the mystery partner for Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns in their match against The Wyatt Family. According to PWInsider, Rowan isn't ready to return to the ring and is scheduled to report to the WWE Performance Center to work off some of his ring rust before he actually returns to the main roster. Other names being speculated include Kane and Chris Jericho. Kane is scheduled to be backstage at Night of Champions, and could provide the monster vs. monster element by going up against Braun Strowman. Jericho would be a long shot as we haven't seen him on WWE television in a while, but has worked with Bray Wyatt at WWE Live Events.

Anybody else want to talk about how misused Cody Rhodes has been in the past 3-4 years?

I agree somewhat. He had a good run with Dustin as his tag partner that should have lead to a badass match between them at WM.

Having said that, I think he's a phenomenal performer and don't know why he isn't getting a bigger push as a singles star. Probably because he's "too small" would be my guess.

I agree somewhat. He had a good run with Dustin as his tag partner that should have lead to a badass match between them at WM.

Having said that, I think he's a phenomenal performer and don't know why he isn't getting a bigger push as a singles star. Probably because he's "too small" would be my guess.

He's not that small though, and he was white hot during his teaming with Dustin, probably second most popular behind Daniel Bryan on the shows.

He's not that small though, and he was white hot during his teaming with Dustin, probably second most popular behind Daniel Bryan on the shows.

Well, what is the issue then? Like I said, I think he's phenomenal and I have been a fan since his "Dashing" Cody gimmick and you are right- he was probably just right behind DB in popularty. It desn't make sense to not push him.

WWE has a tendency to do this though. I was a huge fan of Damian Sandow and his Genius gimmick but they pulled the rug out from under him too after his MITB match with Cena.

WWE is considering putting Lana back with Rusev.

They should a double turn with Ziggler heel and Rusev face. Rusev has been the face and sympathetic figure.

There has been backstage talk among WWE officials about ending the current storyline with putting Rusev and Lana back together. The feeling is that both characters have ended up weaker by being apart. If this does in fact happen, the angle will most likely go much slower than before given that Lana is out of action for another four months. Speaking of Lana, she actually had a plate and screw put in her wrist, which is why the recovery is much longer than a typical wrist injury.