The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

I liked that Raw. Nothing much happened, but it's amazing to me how enjoyable it can be with only one Stephanie and one Reigns related segment. 

I was actually very impressed that they managed to squeeze three diva segments into the same show. Paige/Summer had what was actually a great match, where Summer won in the first time in forever (might be literally her first win on Raw, I wouldn't be surprised.)

It's actually kind of amusing just how well they're booking the Divas division at the moment. They have a title feud that's lasting the month, leading to one wrester's last hurrah before retirment, as they simply hold over for a bigger match for Mania. The other contestants of said future match are embroiled in their own personal and heated feud with two other women. All that, and they still have time for good matches and little things on the side.

It's the kind of foresight and planning that even the Men's division typically lacks, and that the Women never get. It's great to see. I'm just impressed with how organized it all feels, even if it's predictable until the actual Mania match.

The AJ Styles and Jericho thing is the best feud they have going at the moment, and these weekly matches/segments with The Miz involved have been the highlight of the last few weeks.

The best part of this show was Owens' title win at the beginning, and the worst part was the bad Big Show match at the ending, but even if it started on its high point, and ended on a low, it doesn't detract too much from the show that the pacing was different. It rolled well enough that the main event was no bother.

The only part I fast forwarded was the one Reigns segment, and that is obligatory. Any length is to long for his promos. I didn't forward though the main event as I figured it wouldn't last more than a few minutes, and it didn't lol. It was awful, but how else was it supposed to go, lol. It was easy to ignore, as it's maybe the 5th, or 6th most relevant thing going into this PPV.

It's at least behind:

1) The #1 contenders match

2) AJ Styles vs. Jericho (which I assume is happening)

3) The Intercontinental title match

4) The Divas title match

5) Banks and Lynch vs. Team BAD

At best it's on par with the pre-show US Title match with Calisto and Del Rio, or the potential match between the Dudleys and Usos.

Fastlane itself has a pretty decent card in its own right, even if Wrestlemania, and in particular its main event, still appear that they're going to be lackluster.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Whatever happened to Fandango?

Buried to the very bottom of the card. At this point there's no real coming out of it. I don't remember the last major TV appearance he's made, though I think he does come to wrestle on Main Event.

I don't dislike the guy. I did at first, but it began to felt like he made something that had no business working, kind of work. He may be in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal at Wrestlemania, but only to be one of the first guys tossed over the ropes, if he even makes that 30 man cut.

I wonder what what the plan is for this Vince McMahon Sr award for next week. Legit ? A work?

Maybe it's going to be used to build some Wrestlemania match ? Maybe award it to the undertaker and have his Wrestlemania feud begin when someone interrupts? Or maybe it's some legit award they're going to be giving out. 

14 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Buried to the very bottom of the card. At this point there's no real coming out of it. I don't remember the last major TV appearance he's made, though I think he does come to wrestle on Main Event.

I don't dislike the guy. I did at first, but it began to felt like he made something that had no business working, kind of work. He may be in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal at Wrestlemania, but only to be one of the first guys tossed over the ropes, if he even makes that 30 man cut.

I think Tyler Breeze is already on the same path. It's a shame since both are very talented. 

Just now, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

I think Tyler Breeze is already on the same path. It's a shame since both are very talented. 

Yeah, he is. He was pushed down at an incredibly fast rate, which especially sucked to see happen to a local BC wrestler.

Though that made it that much more exciting to see him in that intercontinental title match yesterday. It even looked for a brief second with a suspension of disbelief that he was about to win, lol. At the very least he looked strong. It was a good moment to have before they make him do more of what they have been doing with him.

5 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

apparently wade barrett is leaving

Yeah. Which is kind of a shame and a blessing at the same time. You'd like to have seen them do more with him, but they never did. It was a lot of wasted potential, interspersed with too many injuries. They never pulled the trigger on him, but there are so many other promotions that can straight turn him into the star he was never allowed to be in the WWE.

1 minute ago, g_bassi13 said:

Yeah. Which is kind of a shame and a blessing at the same time. You'd like to have seen them do more with him, but they never did. It was a lot of wasted potential, interspersed with too many injuries. They never pulled the trigger on him, but there are so many other promotions that can straight turn him into the star he was never allowed to be in the WWE.

he would probably do great in japan, maybe mexico too

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Just now, g_bassi13 said:

He could. Even TNA would suit him well. In Japan he has the potential to explode a little more. I think his style suits their wrestling pretty well.

TNA could really use that star power but wade has too much potential and would make way more money overseas. i'm pretty sure places like new japan and AAA will pounce all over that

8 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

TNA could really use that star power but wade has too much potential and would make way more money overseas. i'm pretty sure places like new japan and AAA will pounce all over that

I think AAA would be a waste. But NJPW would be great.

8 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I think AAA would be a waste. But NJPW would be great.

i think so too. NJ would have a larger viewing audience anyway. i was thinking AAA cause theres that lucha underground relationship. i also wouldn't be surprised if ROH made a play for him, but thats also kind of a waste, but they have a relationship with new japan too. after losing a bunch of talent, picking up wade would be great business for new japan. i don't watch the product a whole lot. last show i watched from them was wrestle kingdom 10? the tokyo dome is a beautiful venue

Edited by Twilight Sparkle