The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

13 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

Cena posted a picture of CM Punk twitter profile picture leading everyone thinking he's teasing Punk returning to WWE. If you remember he did the same thing with AJ Styles prior to his debut at Royal Rumble. Punk superstar page is back up on wwe.com

Probably trolling. I don't see Punk coming back. At least not anytime soon.

10 minutes ago, Madness said:

Probably trolling. I don't see Punk coming back. At least not anytime soon.

Plus he just had Back surgery, lol.

By Ariel Helwani  @arielhelwani on Feb 10, 2016, 11:43a

The former WWE champion turned MMA fighter is scheduled to undergo back surgery in Chicago on Wednesday due to a herniated disc, MMAFighting.com has learned.

The 37-year-old Punk, né Phil Brooks, has been battling a lingering back injury from his years as a professional wrestler. Recently, though, the injury worsened.

"My back has always bugged me," Punk told MMAFighting.com. "Figured it was just wrestling sh*t. Turns out it was.

"It got bad enough to the point where I couldn't do anything the week before I went to train with the New Jersey Devils last month. One day I could manage, the next day I couldn't. I've been in agony for almost a month. Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy ... nothing worked

I'm not digging the card for Fastlane very much. I remember reading some reports that said WWE wanted to make this an "A level show." Clearly, that is not the case though, seeing that only the main event is really important.

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, CanuckianOne said:

I'm not digging the card for Fastlane very much. I remember reading some reports that said WWE wanted to make this an "A level show." Clearly, that is not the case though, seeing that only the main event is really important.

I get that. None of it is important, and the only one that is, is very predictable. Not only that, but the predictable outcome is also the least favourable for most.

More of a speedbump on the way to Wrestlemania. I think the name really undercuts any potential importance the show could have had. "We're on the Fastlane to Wrestlemania, so disregard everything that's happening." It's like they don't even understand what a fastlane is. It's what you wake when you want to get from A to B as quickly as possible to ignore everything in between. Maybe it doesn't have the same ring to it but we're certainly not taking the "inner one lane streets and scenic mountain route" to Wrestlemania here.

But beside it not being important, it looks more fun than nearly every card since Summerslam has. Part of me is actually looking forward to it, with the main event being the one thing that I actually don't want to watch, because of the air of inevitability over it. But if they do somehow get that right, I'm sold.

If they do this, and the next Raw right though, there's a lot they could salvage for a potentially great Wrestlemania. Being patient and giving them a chance to do things right always tends to backfire though.

21 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Mauro instead of Michael Cole? This PPV already jumped up 7 notches, or so.

I haven't heard much of him leading up to fastlane; but EVERYTHING I've heard from this guy tonight has been Gold, Intelligent, well thought out, his commentary adds so much to the matches, he sounds professional, fits this era, and makes the commentary mean something again; I honestly think we could see a longterm Commentary team of Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo / Byron Saxton and Tom Phillips, Although I would also like to see Renee Young tried out in that role again, I love her.

Edited by Nail3738

6 minutes ago, Nail3738 said:

I haven't heard much of him leading up to fastlane; but EVERYTHING I've heard from this guy tonight has been Gold, Intelligent, well thought out, his commentary adds so much to the matches, he sounds professional, fits this era, and makes the commentary mean something again; I honestly think we could see a longterm Commentary team of Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo / Byron Saxton and Tom Phillips, Although I would also like to see Renee Young tried out in that role again, I love her.

$&!#. He's gone, lol. God dammit. Go away Cole.

3 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Brie is hot trash. Dear god. She can't do any moves. I defended her having this match, but I was wrong.

Just now, g_bassi13 said:

No offense. All sloppiness. Just horrible.

That's why i hate when people call Charlotte overrated. This is what the diva's division used to be like before she came in with the others.

It's disappointing, You would think having a husband like D. Bryan would rub off on you, but I guess not, really unimpressive - and wtf was with her back? were those tan lines? or was she wearing some nasty bodysuit or something, yuck.

I don't like the Bellas at all, that whole family has done nothing but F*** their way to the top of the wrestling business, Cena, Bryan, and Mama Bella is even bangin' Johnny Ace.

Bah.

Styles time ^_^