The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

Anyone know if it will be 1080p or 720 for games? and the whole 30 or 60 frames?

(either consoles)

http://www.eurogamer...box-one-and-ps4

Ghosts is both 1080p and 60fps, Killzone is 60fps and 1080p as well . Those are the only two games I want at launch so I dont know what other games are, but I assume most will be 60fps/1080p.

Judging from your name, I assume your most likely getting Playstation 4.

You'll love to read this: http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_actively_pushing_for_60fps_1080p_with_ps4.html

I've been doing my research for the last 2 days or so as to which console I will end up buying, and I could honestly be swayed either way. To simplify it, I view Xbox as having the more appealing titles in Titanfall, and Ryse: Son of Rome, while the PS4 simply has the better specs. I personally have no interest in using the Kinect feature, so the extra 100$ Xbox is looking for seems like a straight loss personally.

I like to be anonymous when I game so the share feature built in on the PS4 is unappealing to me. Being an Xbox user, I honestly have no idea of the ps3/4 online culture, in this respect I mean adding friends, creating groups, and private games. As I understand it, the ps+ model is not as easy to network with or play with friends. Additionally, the current systems friends lists and achievements can be rolled forward on both systems - making the xbox appealing in transferring my current gamerscore.

The PS4 of course straight out beats the Xbox one in terms of the system itself, with GDDR5 ram (100 GB/sec bandwidth gap), higher clocked GHz (1.75 to 1.6), and better graphics card (Radeon 7870 to 7790).

------

Anyways, I got sidetracked. Above is my current internal debate, but I originally came to this thread to ask, in an open intelligent debate, which system should I go with?

I've been doing my research for the last 2 days or so as to which console I will end up buying, and I could honestly be swayed either way. To simplify it, I view Xbox as having the more appealing titles in Titanfall, and Ryse: Son of Rome, while the PS4 simply has the better specs. I personally have no interest in using the Kinect feature, so the extra 100$ Xbox is looking for seems like a straight loss personally.

I like to be anonymous when I game so the share feature built in on the PS4 is unappealing to me. Being an Xbox user, I honestly have no idea of the ps3/4 online culture, in this respect I mean adding friends, creating groups, and private games. As I understand it, the ps+ model is not as easy to network with or play with friends. Additionally, the current systems friends lists and achievements can be rolled forward on both systems - making the xbox appealing in transferring my current gamerscore.

The PS4 of course straight out beats the Xbox one in terms of the system itself, with GDDR5 ram (100 GB/sec bandwidth gap), higher clocked GHz (1.75 to 1.6), and better graphics card (Radeon 7870 to 7790).

------

Anyways, I got sidetracked. Above is my current internal debate, but I originally came to this thread to ask, in an open intelligent debate, which system should I go with?

yea i share your sentiment, i've been xbl for 7 years now. my ps3 has been collecting dust but i think its ps4 time. the only thing holding me back aswell is that i never liked the ps controller but that could be remedied with a converter i suppose.

yea i share your sentiment, i've been xbl for 7 years now. my ps3 has been collecting dust but i think its ps4 time. the only thing holding me back aswell is that i never liked the ps controller but that could be remedied with a converter i suppose.

Ya man, it's a tough debate. A lot of money is on the table dependent upon which console will ultimately be more popular and attract the exclusive developers.

One of the games that would have swayed me to go the Xbox route, Titanfall, is being rumored to be a limited exclusive on Xbox. Here's the article, though purely speculative: http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/ea-hints-at-titanfall-on-playstation-4-3940031/

Going the PS4 route will unfortunately mean missing out on Halo 5 though. We'll see if the new KillZone can compare.

Ya man, it's a tough debate. A lot of money is on the table dependent upon which console will ultimately be more popular and attract the exclusive developers.

One of the games that would have swayed me to go the Xbox route, Titanfall, is being rumored to be a limited exclusive on Xbox. Here's the article, though purely speculative: http://metro.co.uk/2...tion-4-3940031/

Going the PS4 route will unfortunately mean missing out on Halo 5 though. We'll see if the new KillZone can compare.

TBH, Im not a Halo fan, so I don't care if I missout on Halo 5. Gears of War is the series I will miss. Although, Halo 5 could very well be available on 360

KZ shadow fall looks unreal, and Titanfall is most likely a timed exlusive. But its available on 360 anyways

• 3 weeks later...

Well it is rumoured that Target US will have deal running from November 10-16, where many PS4 games will be Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

I personally would be willing to go down to Bellingham as I have not pre-ordered or bought any PS4 game. The offer is in-store only.

My question though is that will this deal be available at Target locations in Canada? If anyone works at Target or just has some information please do tell.

Well it is rumoured that Target US will have deal running from November 10-16, where many PS4 games will be Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

I personally would be willing to go down to Bellingham as I have not pre-ordered or bought any PS4 game. The offer is in-store only.

My question though is that will this deal be available at Target locations in Canada? If anyone works at Target or just has some information please do tell.

Just googled it:http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-sale-target/

Yeah I know that, I've checked all websites that are talking about this offer. Target hasn't confirmed nor denied it, but they did it last year when the Wii U was released.

Also that article was wrong in saying that your choices are limited because even in the flyer pic it says "More in-store". I can't find information on if this deal also applies to Target Canada.

My friend asked his cousin who was hired by Target and he said that he doesn't know, although the Target that my friends cousin has been employed by hasn't opened yet.

Archived