The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

Just out of curiosity, why do people care so much about the picture quality of video game cinematics? Personally, that's always frustrated the hell out of me when these companies advertise new games.

I don't care what the cinematics looks like. I care about actual game play graphics. So until I actually see video of gameplay, none of this bs graphic mongering means much to me.

Just out of curiosity, why do people care so much about the picture quality of video game cinematics? Personally, that's always frustrated the hell out of me when these companies advertise new games.

I don't care what the cinematics looks like. I care about actual game play graphics. So until I actually see video of gameplay, none of this bs graphic mongering means much to me.

You and the rest of us man.

Xbox One's Poor Reception Blasts Wii U Sales By 220%

Author: William Usher

published: 2013-05-23 22:39:38

nintendo_56021.jpg

Microsoft, selling Wii Us since May 21st, 2013.

On a serious note, this article's headline will be vastly inaccurate eight hours from its publishing date. Prior to putting the headline down, the Wii U's sales had blasted up by 875% on Amazon UK, moving it from the 390th position to the 40th position since the abysmal reveal of the Xbox One on Tuesday. As mentioned, eight hours from now the Wii U might see yet another huge sales blast given the free marketing from Microsoft.

Harvelo spotted the rapid change in the Wii U's sales position, noting the near 400th position before the reveal and the rapid climb up the charts since Microsoft announced their console, giving rise to a lot of consumers who felt that they would rather support the Big 'N' as opposed to giving a dime towards policies and measures that completely strip away your rights as a consumer.

At the time of publishing of this article, the Wii U on Amazon UK's site sits in the top 11, having moved up from the 40th spot with a 220% increase in sales since Harveylo posted their article. This is insane, as it shows that the Wii U may have been down, but just like Rocky in Rocky IV, it certainly isn't out.

At present, Nintendo hasn't been faring well with the sales of the Wii U, with the total install base estimated around 3 million units. Sad times, indeed. The NPD forecast also estimates that 38,000 Wii U SKUs have been moved during the month of April, according to reports fromNintendo Everything. Not good numbers for a new console at all.

With many consumers made aware -- and continually making others aware -- of the anti-consumer measures stated to be employed by Microsoft for the Xbox One, it's not unlikely that Nintendo could see a huge boost in sales throughout May and June, leading up to and through their reveal of new content at this year's E3.

I also kind of wish Nintendo had maintained a big conference at E3, as that could have really put a nail in Microsoft's coffin, not that they haven't already done that with their Kinect spying, the lack of support for indie developers and the realization that you'll need to buy all new peripherals from the ground up for the XB1.

The reason the Wii U has also blasted up so quickly on Amazon UK is because many of the touted, big TV features, apps and streaming services for the Xbox One are not available to many residents outside of the United States of America, meaning that Microsoft completely alienated a vast majority of the world's gaming community.

All the issues actually caused Angry Joe to revolt in a vociferous outcry against these policies, with many gamers joining suit.

Worse yet for Microsoft is that early poll results between the PS4 and XB1 showcase a massive discrepancy between anticipation for Microsoft and Sony's console...a huge discrepancy.

Well, at least it looks like Microsoft's blunder was Nintendo's booty, and the Wii U could see some huge sales boosts in the next couple of months if the Big 'N' plays their cards right and release some noteworthy software to capitalize on the consumer angst directed toward Microsoft.

Congratulations Microsoft, you just sold more Wii Us than Nintendo.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Poor-Reception-Blasts-Wii-U-Sales-By-220-56021.html

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-one-used-games-policy-leak-claims-limited-discounts-and-publisher-cut-24283449/

Rage inducing.

Been leaked that Microsoft is going to only allow retailers to sell used games at a 10% discount. Meaning, that used games will almost be full price. You also can't loan a friend a game unless you log onto their xbox with your own profile, or else you will have to pay the fee. IT also means you HAVE to sell your games to the companies.

So 'used games' still exist.. but basically at full price. Because on top of the cut MS and the game company makes, it will be marked up mroe for the company to make it as well. This is nasty and I hope the PS4 doesn't do exactly the same type of thing, or at least lessens it.

I am not surprised at all that wii sales have spiked up and Sony stocks rose up a lot and the PS4 is getting momentum. The fact you have to be able to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours to validate crap on top of this used game farce and the foricng of kinect is just insane.

http://www.slashgear...r-cut-24283449/

Rage inducing.

Been leaked that Microsoft is going to only allow retailers to sell used games at a 10% discount. Meaning, that used games will almost be full price. You also can't loan a friend a game unless you log onto their xbox with your own profile, or else you will have to pay the fee. IT also means you HAVE to sell your games to the companies.

So 'used games' still exist.. but basically at full price. Because on top of the cut MS and the game company makes, it will be marked up mroe for the company to make it as well. This is nasty and I hope the PS4 doesn't do exactly the same type of thing, or at least lessens it.

I am not surprised at all that wii sales have spiked up and Sony stocks rose up a lot and the PS4 is getting momentum. The fact you have to be able to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours to validate crap on top of this used game farce and the foricng of kinect is just insane.

especially since large areas of the pacific northwest (where MS is headquartered) lost power for nearly a week just last year during the ice storm.

also, they are forcing kinect on everyone who buys it in part because they honestly believe the only reason kinect games didn't do better was not because the games were crap, but because of the costly kinect separate purchase.

The big thing for me however was.. during that reveal. All the sports crap, the streaming stuff, their TV services.. almost all of that isn't even going to work for people outside of the US because of copyright stuff and the like. Like I said before, unless they have a huge E3 showing, they've been burying themselves to gamers, and especially to people outside of the US so far.

At the end of the day, i'm still going to continue to buy Xbox and Xbox Live. The games and experience has always been better and it wont change. Developers will often choose making 'the gamers game' for Xbox, over Playstation most of the time. Not saying Playstation wont impress, but i've always felt Xbox is the real gamers machine and will stay that way with all the gamers already invested in winning on Xbox Live and the games you can only play on Xbox.

At the end of the day, i'm still going to continue to buy Xbox and Xbox Live. The games and experience has always been better and it wont change. Developers will often choose making 'the gamers game' for Xbox, over Playstation most of the time. Not saying Playstation wont impress, but i've always felt Xbox is the real gamers machine and will stay that way with all the gamers already invested in winning on Xbox Live and the games you can only play on Xbox.

Good luck finding any gems on Xbox Live. Microsoft has put up impossible barriers for indie devs to upload their games there.

Have fun with your decreased privacy. That camera is watching you, always.

Have fun with paying a subscription fee just to use their service, only to pay even more subscription fees.

Have fun with the possibility of a large increase of Kinect games.

Have fun playing with possibly even more 12yr olds online, if Microsoft is able to convince young families to buy this over everything else.

Have fun with buying used games for "cheap".

Have fun.

Edit: Also, have fun with a crap load of ads being placed on your dash board, even tho you're already paying a fee.

Good luck finding any gems on Xbox Live. Microsoft has put up impossible barriers for indie devs to upload their games there.

Have fun with your decreased privacy. That camera is watching you, always.

Have fun with paying a subscription fee just to use their service, only to pay even more subscription fees.

Have fun with the possibility of a large increase of Kinect games.

Have fun playing with possibly even more 12yr olds online, if Microsoft is able to convince young families to buy this over everything else.

Have fun with buying used games for "cheap".

Have fun.

+1 to you, sir.

^^^

EDIT: in response to Armada.

Yeah, see the problem is all about first impressions. Myself, I am not married to any console, which was proven by purchasing all current gen consoles.

For instance, I waited 2 years to buy the PS3 for it to come down in price and get a Blu-Ray player. The first impressions for the PS3 were not good (based on the price alone), and it hit them hard. This is is no different with the XBOX ONE. All the current news is really quite bad.

I'm positive that the console itself will have a lot of benefits to it, some even better than what the PS4 will role out with. That said, everything they have said about what it can do has been attached to some pretty glaring negatives.

+1 to you, sir.

Thank-you, kind sir. +1 to you as well.

lol @ you guys.

No patients at all. Gameplay will be showed at E3.

I don't think people are complaining about the game (I'm not at least). It's the fact that Microsoft has gone in the way of EA and is no longer in the business for gamers. All they want to do is make a quick buck by sucking every single penny out of their consumers pockets.

Also, don't pull that "lol it's business, of course they want to make money" crap. Look at Nintendo. They're (mostly) doing it for the gamers. No DLC attached to their games, cheap console, and no subscription fees (probably a lot more... Maybe ave can provide more info :P).

I find it quite surprising that people are actually defending Microsoft's overly greedy actions.

Archived