The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

Dunno. I still think they just should've waited for E3. I don't think -anyone-, Sony or MS fans could've expected such a huge disaster. I mean, making Sony's stock jump up 8% in an hour because your reveal was so bad that the stock market was jumping ship? Just for an hour reveal or so? That's insanity. They really have to turn it around at E3 or Nintendo and the PS4 are just going to walk away from them in the market.

Eh, it'll level out. Gamers will get what they want at E3 which is just around the corner. This event was more about hyping up the console itself and its shiny new features and I can easily see why that comes off as corny. They're reaching out to everyone so of course the hardcore crowd is going to feel slighted first. However, with that out of the way they can now go to the core audience on their own terms while still pleasing everyone else.

Agreed that they should've had SOME gameplay though; we already get enough "in-game footage".

Looks like you have to install a games to an HD, and there's a fee to install it to someone elses. Looks like for sure they're trying to shut down used game market too. The zero backwards compatibility thing seems like a disaster though.

Eh, it'll level out. Gamers will get what they want at E3 which is just around the corner. This event was more about hyping up the console itself and its shiny new features and I can easily see why that comes off as corny. They're reaching out to everyone so of course the hardcore crowd is going to feel slighted first. However, with that out of the way they can now go to the core audience on their own terms while still pleasing everyone else.

Agreed that they should've had SOME gameplay though; we already get enough "in-game footage".

They did talk about 15 exclusives or something. But.. they really needed to show that. You can't tank a reveal like that so badly. When you drive up Sony's stock by 8% in an HOUR because of how badly your presentation was, something went horribly wrong. They need to have a ridiculously big splash at E3 to recover from that. It's like all over twitter and gaming sites. It was a huge flop. They made a lot of people look at Sony. It was just a disaster. They should've just waited until E3 and done the reveal there. It would've been the talk of the show. Now they need Sony to drop the ball, or to somehow pull off a huge upset there.

i missed the xbox thing, but judging from the comments here it was probably near the same as the sony conference-- just talking more about what the console can do with very little talking about games. sony did a thing with social media too but the streaming thing sounds sexy. and the watch dogs trailer made me moist, but if it's available for the pc then i might as well stick with my ps3

It was a bunch of TV talk. They actually crash and burned so hard that they drove Sony's stock up by 8% in an hour. Sony pulled it off way better, way earlier. What little gameplay they did show was crap. The system is pretty generic and fat looking too. They need a killer E3.

The bad news keeps pouring in.

It looks like you may need to install all your games, and if you buy a used game, you'll need to pay to "unlock it"

This is just days after EA gets rid of the online pass :picard:

http://ca.ign.com/ar...y-game-installs

Yeah I read that on twitter. They said it was a one-time fee, but they kinda stretched the truth. It's a one time fee for each game! Microsoft has completely lost their mind! I don't even wanna buy anymore 360 games...

I didn't know EA stopped the online pass nonsense. That's great news!

Some of the comments have been ridiculous.

We've gotten some HUGE announcements within only an hour of showing the console.

-bran new tv series of halo directed by Steven Spielberg

-15 exclusive games to be out within the first year

-more tv and movies on your Xbox.

That's just a few. I said before what I expected from Xbox at this reveal and I was almost dead on.

Sure there's a hiccup or two but that's always expected. They're a business and they need to make money.

Ill definitely be pre ordering this console the first

day it's announced

Yeah I read that on twitter. They said it was a one-time fee, but they kinda stretched the truth. It's a one time fee for each game! Microsoft has completely lost their mind! I don't even wanna buy anymore 360 games..

Does that mean you can't take a game over to a friend's place or something? Can't loan a game to my brother without him having to pay a fee?

Unbelievable, if so

Produce, not direct. Maybe he'll do an episode, but he is the producer. He has produced a lot of TV series and none of them were particularly successful except Band of Brothers.

Produce, not direct. Maybe he'll do an episode, but he is the producer. He has produced a lot of TV series and none of them were particularly successful except Band of Brothers.

Still will have a huge say in the show, can't wait!

Some of the comments have been ridiculous.

We've gotten some HUGE announcements within only an hour of showing the console.

-15 exclusive games to be out within the first year

-more tv and movies on your Xbox.

That's just a few. I said before what I expected from Xbox at this reveal and I was almost dead on.

Sure there's a hiccup or two but that's always expected. They're a business and they need to make money.

Ill definitely be pre ordering this console the first

day it's announced

I hope you enjoy it.

But most people wanted to see advancements in gaming and they marketed a glorified DVR. Personally a Halo TV series and more advanced features for movies and TV aren't what I want from my console (plus it's not like PS4 won't have any of this).

As far as exlcusive games go they didn't give much info on these games if at all and Xbox has released some very crumby exlusive games in the past while many consider playstation to have a more rounded set of exlusives.

What I saw was a industry push a product marketed for recreational family type gamers.

Archived