The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VIDEO] Pavel Bure - HHOF Induction

M A K A V E L I 96

Actually, after just watching the interview, I felt the same way as Squire. He's in the Hall of Fame because of his time with the Canucks - that particular period of time made him a legend. It seemed all too evident he still had bad feelings about Vancouver, only mentioning the Canucks in the most minimal sense when he listed off the teams he played for. It's sad, with Gino there, Pat Quinn there, and the fact Quinn helped get him into the Hall that Bure couldn't recognize Vancouver a bit more. My sense is that more healing needs to be done before Pavel's number joins the others in Rogers' rafters.

My impression was that Pavel wanted to acknowledge all those who had a part and not antoganize any he might not mention. After all he didn't mention any Russian coaches either. I have to admit that my attitude has changed. I think I misjudged his off ice life style. Really nice speech.

So true what they say about Bure converting a lot of spectators and casuals into fans... Canucks fans for that matter.

We can respect that guys like Sakic were superb players, leaders, etc, but how many people watch a hockey highlight for the first time, see Sakic score on a wrist shot and think to themselves, "wow that's amazing, I'm going to start watching more hockey".

Actually, after just watching the interview, I felt the same way as Squire. He's in the Hall of Fame because of his time with the Canucks - that particular period of time made him a legend. It seemed all too evident he still had bad feelings about Vancouver, only mentioning the Canucks in the most minimal sense when he listed off the teams he played for. It's sad, with Gino there, Pat Quinn there, and the fact Quinn helped get him into the Hall that Bure couldn't recognize Vancouver a bit more. My sense is that more healing needs to be done before Pavel's number joins the others in Rogers' rafters.

Archived