The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 2)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

It's a discussion for next season but teams have already put plans in place for the existing salary cap.

A decision for next season should be made by the 40 game mark of the season so teams can plan in advance.

People should take the NFL mentality regarding free agency - not trying to build your team through free agency, but building it via trades and the draft. Free agency should be seen as adding complimentary pieces.

I know this isnt an NFL sim league, but the notion could be applied to the NHL as well.

People should take the NFL mentality regarding free agency - not trying to build your team through free agency, but building it via trades and the draft. Free agency should be seen as adding complimentary pieces.

I know this isnt an NFL sim league, but the notion could be applied to the NHL as well.

My initial plan to make a big free agency was intended to bring people back into the game are already so so on it. Big free agency adds some fuel into getting top notch players, New lineups and a chance to change the team. I find alot of GM's are lacking the general motivation and are here just as statues currently.

Hopefully the lack of free agency sparks some good trade talk.

Dealing with teams and players isn't an easy thing, I can feel SOB's pain so back off from the whole free agency thing and make due with what you have. Test your other skills as a GM and let it be.

My exact thoughts. Seems like most of the GMs complaining about a weak FA pool have already resigned their own players, contributing little to FA themselves.

And why is the cap going down? Is the goal to balence teams by lowering the cap?

Archived