The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So I'm moving...

:D

As long as you dodge the junkies and weirdos near the station, you should have a blast living near/on the drive.

Tons of great little markets and groceries stores, as well as, of course, the huge number of great restaurants and pubs. If you're a foodie, could be a great time.

i'm trying to figure out my own cable/internet situation too. came across teksavvy.com. haven't really heard much about the reviews from ncix and red flag deal posts. they use rogers' cable and telus' dsl so i guess it's mainly with price..

looks like an approx $160 1 time charge for the modem and activation fee and then whatever service you end up choosing..

man I have the craziest deal on cable with all HD package /high speed internet/ home phone. For over a year and half now.

I get all 3 for $60 a month. I was with Telus and choked at them cus I was on hold for like an hour. So I hung up and roamed around the house angry just waiting to cancel. The next day my door bell rings and its some Asian guy selling Shaw for I think $29.99 for all 3 things for first year. Only basic service though. No contract, cancel anytime.

I added all HD channels and high speed internet to the package and my bill comes to $60 after $80+ in promo savings.

This deal was only good for 1 year but I moved after 7 or 8 months, so when I called in to move my services the lady on the other side of phone restarted my deal again. lol

Can't beat that price.

WHL Rocks is the only one coming through for me in this thread. (He's gotten six +s from me, that could have been you guys). Thanks for nothing, everyone else.

I've been looking for the past few hours at service providers (not what you're all thinking) and it seems my only options are either Shaw or Telus... Shaw is more expensive but Telus wants a contract/term.

This is only for Internet service, MAYBE TV down the road (basic cable).

If you're living on the Drive, you absolutely have to hit up La Grotta, a small Italian grocery store on 2nd&Commercial. They have a sandwich counter where they serve up these massive foccacia deals, seriously the best sandwich in the free world. Also right across the street, Continental Coffee has some of the best priced high-end coffee in the city. Fire Pizza (Commercial&4th-ish) is decent for late-night munchies as well.

Archived