The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unhinged Tactical Response CEO threatens to ‘start killing people’ over Obama’s gun control

dudeone

Okay. I'm totally convinced. Going back to the original post, I am so super glad that people like this are allowed to have their "rights" to shoot other people upheld. What was I thinking when I first felt that was wrong to take another life? Silly me.

I mean, you have to protect yourself right? Not just from the people coming left right and center into your home, but from any threat whatseover to your rights.

And yes, we need bigger weapons to be more effective at ripping someone to shreds. Merely deterring them while you escape is simply not acceptable anymore (forget pepper spray - that lets them live). It's such a good thing that people have no reservations about taking another life with such ease, or else this could be a problem.

Glad the wool from my eyes has been lifted!

State suspends gun carry permit for TN man who made viral video

WSMV-TV

updated 2 hours 52 minutes ago

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50429293/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/t/state-suspends-gun-carry-permit-tn-man-who-made-viral-video/#.UPDGGrQ4Tdk

A Middle Tennessee firearms trainer who made an ominous and very public promise in a YouTube video that gained national attention this week, has had his handgun carry permit suspended Friday by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security.

James Yeager, 42, had his permit suspended based on a "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public," the department said in a statement.

Yeager told Channel 4 News he is aware of the suspension, and his attorney will handle his statements going forward.

The department said Yeager has the right to seek a review of the decision.

Man's YouTube video gains national attention

James Yeager is a man with an impressive resume, including time as a small-town police chief and serving in security in Baghdad, but he said he spoke in anger when he made the video.

"I'm telling you, if that happens, it's going to spark a civil war, and I'll be glad to fire the first shot," Yeager said in a video on his YouTube page.

He was reacting to a recent comment from Vice President Joe Biden that the Obama administration may take executive action to pass control measures.

"I'm not going to let anyone take my guns. If it goes one inch further, I'm going to start killing people," he said in the YouTube video.

Yeager pulled the comments from YouTube after receiving backlash, and he said Thursday he didn't mean what he said.

"I was angry when I made the video and probably should have metered my words better. I am not plotting to kill any officials or anything like that," Yeager told Channel 4 News.

Yeager runs Tactical Response, a training center in Camden, TN, that specializes in weapons and tactical skills. The door of the business notes the staff is trained to kill.

The well-armed clientele was already making neighbors at the strip mall nervous, and then they heard the video.

"The guy needs to chill it. You know, you make those threats, and you've said that and now you come around the wrong person, you get hurt like that," said John Eaker, who owns a nearby pawn shop.

"He may get more than he asks if he keeps running that yak on the internet, you know," another neighbor said.

Yeager said he knows he's considered a radical in his views, but he's is not backing off comments that he will defend his right to bear arms in spite of getting death threats by email.

"It will be time to shoot people when the Constitution is set on fire," he told Channel 4 News. "If somebody comes to take my guns, I will shoot them."

According the Tennessee Department of Safety, Yeager is not a certified instructor. When asked about that, he said he allowed his license to expire.

The state also said Tactical Response is not a department-certified school.

Yeager served as police chief of the town of Big Sandy, TN, about a decade ago. The former mayor said Yeager is intelligent and a crack shot, but he thought Yeager's plan to start a SWAT team wasn't what the quiet town of 500 people really needed, so the mayor fired him.

Despite the threatening emails and phone calls, Yeager said he has received far more messages of support.

Copyright 2013 WSMV(Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

I do, and if I were you I'd be more worried about others than the right to my gun. Because if it ever actually came to the point where you actually had the collective balls to rise up in an armed revolution, your country would be long gone by then anyway.

Gotta love the whole 2nd amendment / gun control debate and it's all over one of the most ambiguous sentences there is.

Any anti-gun control nuts out there should be forced to define what "arms" and "to bear" means as it relates to law abiding, tax paying citizens.

If there is to be any distinction between "arms" that only the military can have and "arms" that civilians can "bear", that means that there is regulation and "gun control"

The moment that there are restrictions on where one can "bear" their "arms", that's more gun control.

I challenge any definition that doesn't introduce "gun control" that also doesn't sound like a crazy person wrote it (in other words, average citizens can posses and use nukes, a form of arms).

Gotta love the whole 2nd amendment / gun control debate and it's all over one of the most ambiguous sentences there is.

Any anti-gun control nuts out there should be forced to define what "arms" and "to bear" means as it relates to law abiding, tax paying citizens.

If there is to be any distinction between "arms" that only the military can have and "arms" that civilians can "bear", that means that there is regulation and "gun control"

The moment that there are restrictions on where one can "bear" their "arms", that's more gun control.

I challenge any definition that doesn't introduce "gun control" that also doesn't sound like a crazy person wrote it (in other words, average citizens can posses and use nukes, a form of arms).

How would I have "collective" balls? That would imply that I control what others do. I don't, nor do I want to.

The real test to see if Americans would "rise up" came after 9/11. Rather than fight for their (constitutional) freedoms, freedom of speech, freedom from unreasonable searches, indefinite wiretaps, etc., instead they allow "free speech zones", "warrantless wiretaps", TSA "backscatter" imaging machines. They allow Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner to squelch John Conyers' impeachment hearing of George W. Bush. I can go on and on.

Well I`ve seen all the canned answers where people continuously cite the 2nd ammendment. That really isn`t an intelligent argument to me. That document was written hundreds of years ago and has no real basis today. There has to be a limit on arms, otherwise people could walk down the street with RPG`s tucked in their coats.

And don`t tell me the government has no right to tell you what to do. Because the government tells you what to do every day of your life. That`s what laws are.

I was just hoping to get a unique perspective from someone who clearly has a passion for guns. But I guess I`m not gonna get it. Too bad, cause you're gonna need a better argument than the second ammendment if you wanna keep your assault rifles.

Archived