The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis Talks Luongo- Vancouver Sun article

bigpush

Yip we have Kassian and Booth. Booth is big (also fast); but not really what you call a grinding winger. Kassian has yet to earn a rating, but the Edmonton game was very encouraging...

But what I was really referring to was a (right) winger capable of pushing Burrows back on to the second line. Look, on some teams Burrow's is a first liner. Including here, sort of.

If he could be the speedster,grinder, checker and worker bee for, say, Henrik and Iginla you have the making of one of the best NHL lines. It's not that Iginla is better than Danny (hear me out). Its that Iginla is a physical force to be reckoned with for his line on top of being a scorer and decent passer. Burrows also does those things, but with heart not size.The Twins, with Burrows get buried by size at some point almost every play off year. But of course we know if we got Iginla, Burrows relegates to the 2knd line...

The reality is we already have a great grinder in Burrows; we just need one who is as good but 20 pounds heavier. And as yet Kassian or Booth has not knocked him off. So a big nasty winger IS on our wish list!

Its physical match up's that are stiffling our otherwise good scorers, not a shortage of goal scoring.

I know this is thinking way outside the box, and very highly unlikely, but is it possible he's talking about a trade involving Cory? The quote he gives:

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait"

He never specifically mentions Luo, and maybe that's what he's refering to by the player that no one thinks. I don't think they'd be shopping Cory, but if an amazing offer came Gillis' way for Schneids, I'd say it's a possibility...

I know this is thinking way outside the box, and very highly unlikely, but is it possible he's talking about a trade involving Cory? The quote he gives:

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait"

He never specifically mentions Luo, and maybe that's what he's refering to by the player that no one thinks. I don't think they'd be shopping Cory, but if an amazing offer came Gillis' way for Schneids, I'd say it's a possibility...

Archived