The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Mason Raymond finally increased his trade value

yete

Well, the Raymond I've been watching has been driving the puck up ice harder than in years past. But rather than just going wide, he's been cutting hard, sometimes to the net on the inside or pulling up and delivering crisp passes to players driving through lanes created by his speed. In short, his, and the teams, puck possession has been much stronger.

And he does what he always has; back-checking, fore-checking...

Yes Raymond is clearly improved!

But its too early for any significant difference to his trade value...

I don't know why pepole are saying Raymond is playing good. He continues to plays like a minor leaguer, skate circles or along the boards, and loses the puck. When he tries to shoot, 90% of the time the defender already put his stick on the puck and defect it off somewhere.....

Raymond continues to be a disappointment and quite a useless player out there. The rookie who socred on the SO last night looks better than him on the ice.

Although I think he's improved from last season, it still drives me nuts when I see him have a half step on a defencemen flying down the wing but he doesnt have the balls to dig down and cut to the net. Instead, it's pretty much a guarantee that he will slam on the breaks and button hook on the half wall and go back towards the blue line circling.

The day he finds the confidence to cut to the net instead of stopping, he will become a dynamic player that I'd want to keep. However, if he is not capable of doing this EVER, I still think we should trade him.

Archived