The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should the Canucks get rid of Mark Donnelly? Doesn't pump up crowd anymore!

The Dark Knight

The 2 best anthem singers in the league, are Mark Donnelly, and Jim Cornelison. I've noticed, since he lost the weight, that Mark's performance has gotten as thin as he has.. At least I'm back to singing the anthem, (badly) along with him... lol. Donnelly is still superior to that fiasco of opening night, though.

You Sir..... must have bumped your head or something!!!! NOBODY gets the crowd to follow 'em like he does, let alone pass up the mic to the crowd. Hell he's probably even gotten you to spit a few lyrics with him. The man's all Canadian... all Canuck! Come playoffs, nobody's rink is more proud of their anthem, and you can thank the old mic hand-off. Re-evaluate your judgement.

You Sir..... must have bumped your head or something!!!! NOBODY gets the crowd to follow 'em like he does, let alone pass up the mic to the crowd. Hell he's probably even gotten you to spit a few lyrics with him. The man's all Canadian... all Canuck! Come playoffs, nobody's rink is more proud of their anthem, and you can thank the old mic hand-off. Re-evaluate your judgement.

He lost some of his vocal power by losing weight. I think he took female hormone shots to do so. Doesn't have the same power or control.

Maybe that was one of the side effects?

Not knowledgeable about this female hormone weight loss shot to make claims though.

I'm just pointing out that his performance is no where close to as good as when he first started it. Use to give me chills because he was so awesome.

He lost some of his vocal power by losing weight. I think he took female hormone shots to do so. Doesn't have the same power or control.

Maybe that was one of the side effects?

Not knowledgeable about this female hormone weight loss shot to make claims though.

I'm just pointing out that his performance is no where close to as good as when he first started it. Use to give me chills because he was so awesome.

Yes, I agree that they should get rid of him.

I cannot stand how is so lazy that he cannot sing the whole anthem despite he is supposed to be our flagship anthem singer.

I'm sure there are other people they can hire do a much better job singing and actually sing the whole flipping anthem.

Im starting to get real annoyed and p'd off at Canucks fans who want all this change from the U2 intro to Mark Donnelly. Each of these things are unique that no other team in the league has, why would you wanna be like everyone else???? I don't freakin understand.

What's so good about Jim Cornelison? Their singing styles are radically different and they have different ways of getting the crowd into the game but apparently Cornelison's method involves having 21,000 overly patriotic band-wagoners from 2010 clap through the entire Star Spangled Banner which I think just makes it sound like a good pump up. To me, I think the Donnelly method of letting volumes speak for themselves demonstrates the understanding of the culture of hockey and he's doing a helluva good albeit toned down job at it now so I don't see any reason for change.

Im starting to get real annoyed and p'd off at Canucks fans who want all this change from the U2 intro to Mark Donnelly. Each of these things are unique that no other team in the league has, why would you wanna be like everyone else???? I don't freakin understand.

Donnelly is fantastic. I don't understand why anyone Canuck fan would want to get rid of him. I'm always proud when I hear him sing the anthem and how he lets the crowd sing a portion of the anthem. He seems like a real crowd pleaser to me.

Archived