The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks have to re-consider the possibility of moving Cory Schneider? Don't they?

BurnabyJoe

Do people actually think Luongo will keep playing at this level if Schneider is traded and the entire pressure falls on him again? He's playing with ZERO pressure right now, of course he's going to play loose. But we know how he can get when the pressure gets to him and he lets one weak goal in.

In 68 games Schneider has a 38-17-4 record with a 2.24 GGA and .928 S%. I've seen goalies with lessor numbers and lessor games played handed starting duties. Schneider has earned his dues in the AHL for four seasons, a backup for 2 in the NHL, it is now his time.

Also, this talk about playing the hot hand is bull****, Luongo got a start immediately after Schneider's SO win over San Jose. I know they're playing Luongo to shop him, but it still isn't fair to Schneider who's numbers prove the team has just as much of a chance to win with him than Lu

Cory is 26 a long way from 30, especially in hockey. Lou's contract was that long to be cap friendly, had nothing to do with how they thought Cory would turn out. None of the goalies you listed had an all-star goalie (Rask only)in their way to the number one position. None of the young goalies listed would be starters in Van, until mybe this year, just like Cory.

Cory will turn 27 in about a month, the way it's going on right now, he won't have starts as a #1 should get, Luongo will stay with us for at least this season, they can't trade him just for trading him, specially how he's playing, like the old Luongo, not the Luongo we saw the previous seasons where he played the percentage.

If Schneider's agent keep saying things like he said today, it's nothing to help his guy, honestly beeing Mike Gillis, I would call Mike Liut and say to him, you think your guy is a real #1 in the NHL, call the 29 other teams and come back with a list of interesting offers for your guy, if you bring something interesting we'll trade your guy.

Agents say things like that when their players aren't feeling good about something, if Schneider won't think the same way as Liut, he just have to fire him.

Clearly you're out to lunch.. Schneider put up the shutout in the Ducks rematch, then lost the very next start against the Sharks (4-1) and now Lou has started 4 straight because he's on a role. They're not playing Lou to shop him (AS THERE IS NO NEED), they're playing him so Vancouver can put points on the board and he gives us the best chance!

Furthermore, you may have seen back up goalies with lessor records be handed the reins but not to a playoff contender like Van with the pressure we have. In my eyes, we trade Lou and we'll watch Cory crumble under the pressure of our goalie graveyard at some point down the road.

Funny, but before the season began, I was imagining trading Luongo to Montreal and then dealing Schneider to Boston (or Toronto) in a massive series of trades. It would put the two former Cancuk goaltenders on rival teams, and would make the east quite interesting to watch...

FTR, the series of trades would eventually see the Canucks with a "Big 3" of Price, Weber, and Nugent-Hopkins (and yes, you'd have to give up the Sedins to get them.)

The game time he is "supposed" to have?

I'm sorry, but Schneider has done absolutely nothing to deserve the sense of entitlement in that statement. The kid has done absolutely nothing for this organization so far except be a good backup. Cool, he has played like 4 playoff games. Last I checked we still lost with him in net.

A good back up goalie does not, and should not, leap ahead of the absolutely outstanding records Luongo has with Vancouver. Everyone is freaking off their rocker on this topic.

The game time he is "supposed" to have?

I'm sorry, but Schneider has done absolutely nothing to deserve the sense of entitlement in that statement. The kid has done absolutely nothing for this organization so far except be a good backup. Cool, he has played like 4 playoff games. Last I checked we still lost with him in net.

A good back up goalie does not, and should not, leap ahead of the absolutely outstanding records Luongo has with Vancouver. Everyone is freaking off their rocker on this topic.

what people, Lu fanboys in particular, seem to forget is that we can be 90% sure that Luongo asked to be moved out fo Vancouver and does not want to be here. I'm not sure why that gets overlooked in this situation.

I see no reason why Schneider should be bent out of shape. For two reasons:

First, Luongo will be gone this season or in the offseason. That's pretty much iron-clad. As such, even if Schneider has to play as backup for a few dozen games, it isn't the end of the world. Luongo has been classy during this goaltending fiasco, and Schneider should as well.

Second, and perhaps more important: AV is playing Luongo because he is on a roll. Once his amazing play streak ends, Schneider will get his chance. And should Schneider go on a streak of his own, I have no doubt we'll be playing him until HIS streak ends as well. AV has said that he is going to play the guy who he thinks will help get us the win. And right now, that's Luongo. I would have though Schneider would be classy enough to have his agent keep his mouth shut with that understanding.

I can't see Lu wanting to stay in Van. MG has clearly been shopping him, which indicates that the team wants to go with Schneider. I can only imagine how this questionable treatment has been for Lu.

On the other hand, it appears that Schneids may have been given some 'assurances' from MG, that appear to have 'gone by the wayside'.

Maybe both of them will want to be traded, just to get away from the Vancouver Canucks Management.

And then there's the media circus that follows them wherever they go.

I can't see Lu wanting to stay in Van. MG has clearly been shopping him, which indicates that the team wants to go with Schneider. I can only imagine how this questionable treatment has been for Lu.

On the other hand, it appears that Schneids may have been given some 'assurances' from MG, that appear to have 'gone by the wayside'.

Maybe both of them will want to be traded, just to get away from the Vancouver Canucks Management.

And then there's the media circus that follows them wherever they go.

Funny, but before the season began, I was imagining trading Luongo to Montreal and then dealing Schneider to Boston (or Toronto) in a massive series of trades. It would put the two former Cancuk goaltenders on rival teams, and would make the east quite interesting to watch...

FTR, the series of trades would eventually see the Canucks with a "Big 3" of Price, Weber, and Nugent-Hopkins (and yes, you'd have to give up the Sedins to get them.)

Archived