The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

When has Hansen ever been known dont play that way? An intentional head shot? Come on. I agree it was reckless, but there is no way that was intentional. Now as much as I hate to admit it, and wish Hossa no ill will, is anyone else feel sort of satisified. Horrible I know. But you are all thinking it. ;)

was it intentional? no one but hansen can say....

was it dirty? no, but at the end of the day it is still a headshot.

the thing is...whenever I have got to catch something, my arm is always extended and ever bent like hansen's was.

i will say hansen gets 2 games.

we went through this with the keith hit...we hated it...which happens to be the same stance the hawks fans are taking now.

First the refs don't even think it's a penaly but when Chicago asked for one, they got it. Now they're likely going to get Hansen suspended for what was obviously an accident as both players were going for the puck and only collided because Hansen was moving forward towards the puck while Hossa moved blindly backwards toward the puck, even though he knew Hansen was there.

I don't cheer anyone being hurt and I was upset to see him laying on the ice as much as any other decent person, but that doesn't mean that Hansen deserves a suspension for an accidental play. It was no where near the same kind of play as Keith's deliberate headhunting elbow to Daniel Sedin's head!

When I first saw it it looked really bad, then I realized the puck was in the air and Hansen was clearly trying to catch it. Hopefully no suspension, this is kind of a case we've never seen before (accidental headshot while trying to catch the puck).

If this same play was made on Daniel (another star player who suffered a concussion late in the year) Canuck fans would be screaming bloody murder. Bottom line is the hit wasn't as dirty as Chicago fans are saying and it isn't as clean as innocent as many Canuck fans are claiming.

If this same play was made on Daniel (another star player who suffered a concussion late in the year) Canuck fans would be screaming bloody murder. Bottom line is the hit wasn't as dirty as Chicago fans are saying and it isn't as clean as innocent as many Canuck fans are claiming.

was it intentional? no one but hansen can say....

was it dirty? no, but at the end of the day it is still a headshot.

the thing is...whenever I have got to catch something, my arm is always extended and ever bent like hansen's was.

i will say hansen gets 2 games.

we went through this with the keith hit...we hated it...which happens to be the same stance the hawks fans are taking now.

Give me a break. If someone's going to "cheap shot" another they don't do it by stretching in the air with a reach over the top like that. It's subtle and sneaky. This was purely coindicental contact and Hossa backed in as Hansen was focused on the puck. No different than this reach for a puck in the air....had someone been backing in here, we'd have the exact same scenario. So don't talk like it was a criminal act....he was trying to glove the puck down, as is down by players every single game.

This shot was from last night (we have great photographers)

162153424_slide.jpg

Put a guy backing up in front of him and we have the same deal here.

It didn't look like any intent to me. I slowed down the video and watched it frame by frame. It appeared to me Hansen actually started with his hand on his shoulder. It looked like Hansen did maybe give him a little shove, but it's hockey, not basketball. There's going to be a little muscle thrown around. Battling for the puck is all part of the game. Hossa's head did hit the ice. It's possible that's what caused more of the injury than Hansen.

Hossa is such a baby. State of the art helmet and he can't take a little nudge to the back of the head. I understand if his head hits the ice or gets slammed into the boards, but playing dead after someone accidentally hits you in the head while reaching for a puck is pathetic. I've been smacked in the head before by someone who was reaching for something without a helmet and I just walked it off.

If he thought he could push through the back of the player in front of him.............ok he was going for the puck. What you are implying is like seeing the puck coming towards an opponents legs and taking your slapshot right though a leg to get to it. If the puck is not there to be got then you don't just follow through anyway................Which it appears Hansen did.

He may NOT have meant to strike/hurt the player but who knows? As I say you can only go by how it looks.

Why is it always a different set of rules applied on here when a Canuck infringes. Man up for crying out loud and move on. People on here are bleating like a load of sissies.

Let us put things in perspective ..

Weise throws a clean hit .. Bollig punches Weise twice in the face before Weise knows he is in a fight .. penalty = 2 minutes (the ten minute misconduct does not matter as Bollig plays about as much as John Scott)

Hansen accidently contacts Hossa's head with his forearm going for the puck .. penalty = 2 minutes after Toews cry-baby-puzzy antics and may be suspended ..

Hey Bettman .. now do you see why a lot of folks consider your League a joke? .. hardly surprising .. :picard:

Archived