The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

I really couldn't care less. The fact that Hansen is a clean player with no real history and never shows any intent to injure anyone because thats just not who he is. I don't even feel bad. After that Keith hit the Hawks are better off sitting on their hands and biting their tongues they have absolutely no room to speak.

Only thing I can say is that Hanson will not have anything to wory about in a hearing... But did you see the hawks go after him for "nothing" I did. Somone tell AV to let his teammates stand up for the twins. Team toughness starts with the coach.

Intent does not matter. If an elbow, shoulder, forearm, fist goes high and hits another player on the head, its a head shot.

I don't think Hansen intentionally hit Hossa in the head either. Hansen doesn't have a history for this type of stuff so I expect him to get a fine. Maybe a 1 game depending on Hossa's health status.

I think your wrong about a number of things and this as well. ;)

He will get nothing as intent is a major factor. Players get hurt all the time by you logic any player who gets in the way of a clean hockey play the other player should get a suspension? Next...

I really couldn't care less. The fact that Hansen is a clean player with no real history and never shows any intent to injure anyone because thats just not who he is. I don't even feel bad. After that Keith hit the Hawks are better off sitting on their hands and biting their tongues they have absolutely no room to speak.

Next? not quite yet...

If you highstick a player and cut him its a bigger penalty than if you high stick him and don't cut him. Intent doesn't matter.

If you elbow a player its a penalty, If you elbow a player in the head, its a head shot punishable by suspension.

Intent is very hard to prove, see Cooke vs Karlsson incident. But when it comes to head shots its a bit different. Head shots are a serious issue in all sports right now, particularly NHL and NFL. The league is afraid of a class action law suit. They are not going to sit back and take a chance on head shots.

Intent or no intent won't matter. Hansen's forearm/elbow came up and hit Hossa in the head from behind. NHL does not want that play in the game. I see a minimum of fine and maybe a suspension of 1 game.

That's all it takes for Hossa to get injured? Yikes. He's gonna have to be extra careful then, especially if he's against a physical team in the playoffs. Or he could just be embellishing.

And yea Hansen will get suspended for sure. The NHL won't want to risk losing all of their precious blackhawk bandwagon fans.

Next? not quite yet...

If you highstick a player and cut him its a bigger penalty than if you high stick him and don't cut him. Intent doesn't matter.

If you elbow a player its a penalty, If you elbow a player in the head, its a head shot punishable by suspension.

Intent is very hard to prove, see Cooke vs Karlsson incident. But when it comes to head shots its a bit different. Head shots are a serious issue in all sports right now, particularly NHL and NFL. The league is afraid of a class action law suit. They are not going to sit back and take a chance on head shots.

Intent or no intent won't matter. Hansen's forearm/elbow came up and hit Hossa in the head from behind. NHL does not want that play in the game. I see a minimum of fine and maybe a suspension of 1 game.

Archived