The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau

VanNuck

If Harper outlawed abortion and same-sex marriage, I might move to Quebec too :)

Which is not happening as Harper has said numerous times..

But to throw a petulant tantrum and issue idiotic edicts like Justin, just shows he does not have what it takes to be a leader or PM.

He would however probably make an adequate substitute drama teacher.

Trudeau sparks Twitter frenzy with 'Just watch me' note

Liberal leadership candidate Justin Trudeau invokes his dad's famous phrase when asked if he believes he can beat Prime Minister Stephen Harper

When Michael Kydd found himself sitting on the same Porter flight as federal Liberal leader candidate Justin Trudeau, Kydd decided to send the politician a quick note. "Justin, Can you really beat Harper?" he scrawled on a piece of paper. To his surprise, Trudeau responded.

Justin Trudeau's response, "Just watch me," is from one of his father and former prime minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau's most memorable interviews.

He might not be his father, but he's taken some notes. Hehe.

Justin Trudeau has been criticized for his lack of concrete ideas, but former prime minister Jean Chretien said he thinks the Liberal leadership front-runner has "a very big policy" that is fundamental to Canada.

"He wants to replace the Tories," Chretien said during an interview on the Global News program The West Block with Tom Clark.

And for Chretien, that is enough.

Pretty much. Again, the 'great' PM's are the ones who become PM and then stay PM. That trumps everything else.

If the Cons can't dig up enough dirt on JT to counter Trudeaumania, which exists despite the lack of a resume, then they're in trouble. It seems that Canadians are ready for a change, since the absolute best the Cons can hope for is a slim minority. 2-1/2 years to go.

???

His passion to leave Canada for a Quebec nation?

In February 2012 he talked about a Canada governed by Harper and the CPC as not his sort of Canada and that the best thing to do would be for him to leave with a separate Quebec. His father must have been turning over in his grave at that statement.

In a French-language interview in February, Trudeau took issue with the social conservative policies of Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s government and indicated he would be in favour of Quebec separating if they continued.

“I always say that if, some time, I believed that Canada was really the Canada of Stephen Harper, and it was going against abortion, and it was going against same-sex marriage, and that it was moving backwards in 10,000 different ways, maybe I would think about making Quebec a country,” said the Montreal-area MP in the weekend interview with Radio-Canada.

“When Quebec is not involved in the governance of this country, this country moves too much toward the right,” he said in the radio interview. “It’s not necessarily that Canadians don’t have the same values as us Quebecers. It’s that there’s a way of seeing social responsibility, openness toward others, a cultural pride here in Quebec that’s necessary for Canada and it saddens me a great deal (to see what’s happening now).”

http://o.canada.com/...ideo-interview/

His passion that that Quebeckers not Albertans are better as leaders of Canada?

In November 2010, Trudeau told a Quebec television show that he was tired of Albertans running the country and that, whether it was Jean Chretien or Brian Mulroney, Canada is better off when Quebecers are running the country.

"Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work," Trudeau said in French to interviewer Patrick Lagace on the Tele-Quebec program Les francs-tireurs (The Straight Shooters).

Lagace then asked Trudeau if he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans?"

Trudeau replied: "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec... This country - Canada - it belongs to us."

Trudeau specifically named prime ministers Pierre Trudeau, Chretien and Paul Martin but also included Progressive Conservative Mulroney on his list of great Quebec prime ministers of the last century.

http://cnews.canoe.c...2/20377596.html

You see passion I see a dolt who cannot avoid planting his foot in his mouth.

Exactly. He is very passionate about what he believes in - running and jumping off the cliff and many are jumping with him. I like his passion, but I totally disagree with what he's passionate about.

Which is not happening as Harper has said numerous times..

But to throw a petulant tantrum and issue idiotic edicts like Justin, just shows he does not have what it takes to be a leader or PM.

He would however probably make an adequate substitute drama teacher.

He is a leader with charisma, ideas, but little to no character. And we talk about the importance of character in hockey - far more important in national leadership. Everything rises and falls on character.

Harper, unlike Trudeau, has character. He guards his words carefully and tells his people to do so likewise, control their words. He takes stands that are difficult and controversial, ie. foreign policy and upgrading the military. But like any human, he isn't perfect. Some of his measures or proposed measures are potentially degrading and unfair, mildly put, like the Indian Act or the proposed Internet survaillance. He's also failed to hold his appointed senators and political staff accountable. But he's done a better job in the character department than the arrogantly irresponsible and divisive PET, Mulroney the sell-out, Martin the loser, or Chretien the dirty.special interest.

Pretty much. Again, the 'great' PM's are the ones who become PM and then stay PM. That trumps everything else.

If the Cons can't dig up enough dirt on JT to counter Trudeaumania, which exists despite the lack of a resume, then they're in trouble. It seems that Canadians are ready for a change, since the absolute best the Cons can hope for is a slim minority. 2-1/2 years to go.

They don't have to dig dirt. They just need to remain true to their values, but also begin opening things up some more (like showing the books) and fostering some more two-way communication as part of fostering accountable government. Top it off, if they manage to balance the budgeet by 2015 or sooner, JT will have nothing on them. They'll earn the people's trust, while JT digs his own grave if he continues running his mouth off.

Hype means nothing, it's the election day that matters most.

Remember when the mainstream media were predicting a major victory for John Kerry, lol.

Haha, I remembered those months leading up to the election, anticipating "JFK II's" media coronation. Bush managed to pull a Mulroney (or Alan Gregg), lose all the debates, but then destroy Kerry's personal credibility by playing up his flip-flopping. Also got a big boost from McCain's "disingenuous filmmaker" remark, followed by bin Laden's reappearance.

Trudeaumania can surge forth now, but in two years, it'll wear out. Harper's best bet is to avoid criticizing him with attack ads now - unlike before when he had a minority and faced a constant threat of losing the confidence. All he has to do to win is keep a steady course and balance the budget by 2015, and let JT make a fool of himself.

I agree on the economy but morality???

Social conservtive lingo - won't talk much about it lest we have an over-heated discussion in here. I'll just say I personally believe moral character keeps a nation strong. Trudeau's attitudes led to our generation of people wanting the world for free, not realizing the cost. That's why we're in an economic mess and government needs to impose much control.

Social conservtive lingo - won't talk much about it lest we have an over-heated discussion in here. I'll just say I personally believe moral character keeps a nation strong. Trudeau's attitudes led to our generation of people wanting the world for free, not realizing the cost. That's why we're in an economic mess and government needs to impose much control.

I have no clue what you are on about re: morality.

I already agreed that Trudeau's record on the economy was not stellar.

Exactly. He is very passionate about what he believes in - running and jumping off the cliff and many are jumping with him. I like his passion, but I totally disagree with what he's passionate about.

I've met him and spoken with him. He's passionate about getting younger people to vote and become active in what they want Canada to become. He's passionate about uniting parliament in a productive way, rather than dividing Canadians using the US-style campaigning and polling that the Conservatives have used.

1257003814239.jpg

:lol:

I've met him and spoken with him. He's passionate about getting younger people to vote and become active in what they want Canada to become. He's passionate about uniting parliament in a productive way, rather than dividing Canadians using the US-style campaigning and polling that the Conservatives have used.

So a passionate doofus?

As a younger voter, I like his style, I try to make every effort to take part in drawing out Canada's future along with my generation. But not all of us young folks are the same. I, for one, don't want to see pot legalized, because I know what it does to human lives - I've friends who use that drug and seen how it ate up their future and their drive to be a part of it. I prefer family values because morality and character, national order, it all start at home and spreads through the community. I prefer to keep taxes low and have fewer unnecessary services because I'm not an infant that needs to be spoon-fed hand and foot. My question for JT is, what does he have in store for me that I should vote for him?

As a younger voter, I like his style, I try to make every effort to take part in drawing out Canada's future along with my generation. But not all of us young folks are the same. I, for one, don't want to see pot legalized, because I know what it does to human lives - I've friends who use that drug and seen how it ate up their future and their drive to be a part of it. I prefer family values because morality and character, national order, it all start at home and spreads through the community. I prefer to keep taxes low and have fewer unnecessary services because I'm not an infant that needs to be spoon-fed hand and foot. My question for JT is, what does he have in store for me that I should vote for him?

:blink::lol:

What's in it for you?

How about you think about what's in it for the country? For everyone else? For the greater good?

Not everyone can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and this means we need government services that you probably don't need. Your moral and family values may work for you, but may not for others - is it right for you to choose that for your government and have that be what others live under?

What's your stance on alcohol then? Alcohol ruins more lives and more futures than pot does. If you're against legalizing pot, would you re-enact prohibition?

:blink::lol:

My deleted post had more words, but the gist was the same. :(

It takes a conservative to say something like "I'm not an infant that needs ot be spoon-fed hand and foot" while supporting marijuana prohibition and expounding "family values" and "morality and character". Like I said, conservatives are always good for a laugh.

Archived