The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

S4 or HTC one?

Tom Sestito

iPhone is now a relic. There are phones that run circles around iPhone. With Windows 8, Blackberry, greatly improved Android and upcoming Ubuntu phones, iOS has become outdated as an OS. I wouldn't trade my $350 Nexus 4 for an iPhone 5 thats for sure. iPhone used to be the greatest phone in the market just like how the Canucks used to be the greatest team back in 2010-2011. The phone market has become too saturated with great phones and reasonably priced phones that iPhones dominant era is close to being over, if it has not yet.

http://news.cnet.com...ill-way-on-top/

http://techpinions.c...d-in-japan/6219

http://9to5mac.com/2...e-in-the-world/

Don't listen to Pouria. He has a biased hate against Apple. Apple is pretty much still on top of the phone market, with consistencies, great warranty, a reliable company, and solid products. Bar none. They just come out of their best quarter in company history.

As a consumer myself I tested as much phones as possible. I suggest you do the same.

I have the One V which is the lower end of the One series, as said already the battery is not removable, but it DOES have an SD slot, and I would be surprised if the One X didn't given that it is the higher end of the One series. Otherwise I like the phone a lot, and yes the sound is quite good for a phone despite being associated with the beats name.

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually considering the Z10 after I lost my android. iphone i dislike, android i am starting to get sick of and i feel like they're starting to pull an apple with the weak upgrades from s2, s3, and now s4. Blackberry seems to have brought something different to the table this time. Anyone here have the z10 have any input?

Kinda pisses me off that they come out with these things so quickly, I mean you get your two or three year contract, by the time it's up your phone is like three generations behind already! I got my S3 when they were just taking off last spring, it hasn't even been a year and they are already announcing the S4? It really bugs me...I used to have a blackberry and they had so many freaking phones available that it was just impossible to get any sort of assistance with it, they'd be all like, "we haven't even made those for two years!" well, I'm still under contract here and my phone doesn't work, can you offer some support? "Nope, it's out of production." Geez, thanks guys. Luckily it sounds like the S4 is not gonna be all that different, the bad press pleases me. If we're all gonna be on two or three year contracts, can we hold off on the next-gen phones coming out every eight months please?

Friend has a z10 and likes it, but he also needs it more for his buisness with emails, etc. I looked at it, haven't had a chance to try it out, but if I was going to be buying a new phone now I would consider it, just would want to play around and test it out first to make sure I liked it.

The thing with Apple and Android is they have done what they can and will only be able to do minor enhancements. BB was lagging behind so badly that the z10 is a fresh air but a year or 2 down the road I bet they have minor updates just like Apple and Android are doing these days. It will take a big technological breakthrough for 1 of the 3 to really step up next for their phones.

• 4 weeks later...

So I've decided on the S4 and made my reservation through Rogers. Anyone else do the same? I made my reservation through the business centre though and apparently the business clients had huge issues getting their phones when the iphone 5 came out last year. Hope Rogers learned from their mistakes

Kinda pisses me off that they come out with these things so quickly, I mean you get your two or three year contract, by the time it's up your phone is like three generations behind already! I got my S3 when they were just taking off last spring, it hasn't even been a year and they are already announcing the S4? It really bugs me...I used to have a blackberry and they had so many freaking phones available that it was just impossible to get any sort of assistance with it, they'd be all like, "we haven't even made those for two years!" well, I'm still under contract here and my phone doesn't work, can you offer some support? "Nope, it's out of production." Geez, thanks guys. Luckily it sounds like the S4 is not gonna be all that different, the bad press pleases me. If we're all gonna be on two or three year contracts, can we hold off on the next-gen phones coming out every eight months please?

32GB Nexus 4 with LTE and Android Key Lime Pie coming next month?

NEWS Chethan Rao 14:13, 22 Apr 2013Share on printShare on emailShare on stumbleuponShare on twitter<div class=fb-like data-ref= fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" "="" data-layout="button_count" data-width="50" data-show_faces="false" data-action="like" data-font="arial" data-href="http://www.knowyourmobile.in/google/lg-nexus-4/7671/32gb-nexus-4-lte-and-android-key-lime-pie-coming-next-month" data-send="false" fb-xfbml-state="rendered" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative; display: inline-block; ">

345765.jpeg

The event will also be host to the announcement of the next major version of Android

A new report suggests that Google could be looking to upgrade the Nexus 4 lineup with a brand new 32GB LTE version of the smartphone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie on board. This updated smartphone is believed to be announced at the Google I/O developer conference next month. The rumor generates from a blog called Sidhtec.

The rumor also states that this will be a CDMA version of the Nexus 4, much like how the Samsung Galaxy Nexus had back in the day. This will mean slower update roll outs, but better data connectivity with 4G LTE support. But since Google insisted on not having LTE on the Nexus 4 citing heavy battery usage, we are a little skeptical on this one.

But we cannot rule out the 32GB version of the Nexus 4 making its way to the Google Play Store, as a refresh is certainly in order. The refresh however doesn’t warrant an all new smartphone as the source rightly points out, so it makes sense to have a slightly upgraded Nexus 4 arrive.

Google is also believed to take the wraps off the Nexus 7 successor during next month's event. But most importantly, it's the arrival of Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie that we're mostly looking forward to. There's still no substantial info on what the new version of Android might bring to the table, but we're fairly optimistic about it given that Google has hardly kept a foot wrong since last year.

Let's hope the company’s merry run continues in the industry. As for the upgraded Nexus 4, we'll keep an eye out to let you know when we have credible information.

Archived