The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks 3-2 Canucks

JE14

Not too disappointed with the loss today to be honest, the sharks forecheck is quite strong at the moment. Having said that if we were playing solid defensively there would have only been 1 goal scored on us instead of 3. A few of the boys looked like they wanted to be out there today but having said that another few played terrible.

Looking forward to our win on Thursday against Edmonton. :blink:

While I am sick of MG's inactivity I am still proud of how well the team is coping with all the constant injuries and replacements. How do you hone systems with constant changes in personnel, injuries, form loss, all happening at the same time.

Some of our players are playing for 2 by carrying others because we can't afford to bench guys who are failing. We are being far too hard on this team and it's coach just now and frankly I find it sickening.

Our fans have no guts, they are cocky bendy fan boys who screech when they don't get what they want.

I hope that somehow Gillis can bring in these guys before the deadline:

Thomas Vanek-Goal scorer (rumours of buffalo having a fire sale)

Dan Boyle- Possible answer to the void left by sami salo

Antoine Vermette- Centreman, physical, fast, and a bit of a scoring touch

Its games like these that make the need for these players to come in even greater

Some of this Edler hate makes me cringe... He is excellent in the offensive zone, good passes and good hard shots, and can hold his own in the defensive zone with his size and speed. To have him as a 2nd pairing offense first d-man (provided he is used that way) for 5 mil a season is a blessing and half the teams in the league would have paid way more than that for him.

wow here is another surprise, the Canucks once again don't get power play!!!! This is twice in the last week alone. I would love to know what the record is for how many times in a season a team doesn't get a PP opportunity. I'm sure we are knocking on that record......seriously WTF!!!! It's shocking how every team we play does not do one thing wrong to deserve a penalty called against them.

Not saying we're going to score on the PP but there is a chance. Yes I know the ref's didn't let in 3 goals but there is an advantage with a PP.

Well if nothing else it was nice to get a look at Jensen. Yeah he wasn't amazing or anything but it was only his first game. He did get to play with the Sedins but they aren't exactly thrilling people with their play lately either.

Too bad that Tanev shot didn't go in.

Was this the last Luongo game...we shall see.

Seeing how good the Sharks are at home it's understandable to lose. But the Canucks got a few easy games coming up. If they can take advantage of these easier teams they can almost lock up a playoff spot.

"The Sharks dominated the first period, outshooting Vancouver 14-6."

"The first period was good. We did what we had to do to keep it tight," Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said.

- I guess this is the new definition of doing good for this team.

Was a rough night for the boys, not much to get excited about in that game, Higger showed up, Schnides kept them off the scoreboard in the first, some push back in the third, Niemi looked like he was ripe for the picking in the third, but the boys couldn't get any real quality shots on him. Again, they are all perimeter, nothing dirty.

Reffing, as someone else stated, has gone into playoff mode and this doesn't bode well for the team down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Deadline almost here, I guess we will see what Uncle Mike has up his sleeve.

So....let me get this straight....in his last 2 starts, Schneider has let in 2 goals on the first 2 shots, and then 2 goals in 41 seconds.

Tell me how that is any better than Luongo?

Sorry, IMHO, there's no difference between the 2 other than the experience Luongo has.

There really is no point being so disappointed/angry when we have literally 6 NHL forwards lol. Schneids carried us so hardi n the 1st period and when he played less than 100%, the goals just kept flying. I hate to be the witch hunter but serious Tanev? My god he's been horrible since forever. I've only ever liked him over Rome. He has no strength, no shot, bad pass, bad position, horrible clears, bad check, bad speed, bad everything. He is a well rounded AHL'r. I don't see what ppl in this forum see in him.

So....let me get this straight....in his last 2 starts, Schneider has let in 2 goals on the first 2 shots, and then 2 goals in 41 seconds.

Tell me how that is any better than Luongo?

Sorry, IMHO, there's no difference between the 2 other than the experience Luongo has.

There really is no point being so disappointed/angry when we have literally 6 NHL forwards lol. Schneids carried us so hardi n the 1st period and when he played less than 100%, the goals just kept flying. I hate to be the witch hunter but serious Tanev? My god he's been horrible since forever. I've only ever liked him over Rome. He has no strength, no shot, bad pass, bad position, horrible clears, bad check, bad speed, bad everything. He is a well rounded AHL'r. I don't see what ppl in this forum see in him.

Neither goalies are to blame for this year's performance. If you look at the numbers and the saves each of them make then there should be no question that they are like the kipper of calgary or price of montreal last year. Look at how hemmed up we were in the 1st period vs SJ, honestly I thought the first real offensive chance we got in the game was like 17m at the 2Period...and it's not like we put all our resources on the D like Nashville pre-suter trade

While I am sick of MG's inactivity I am still proud of how well the team is coping with all the constant injuries and replacements. How do you hone systems with constant changes in personnel, injuries, form loss, all happening at the same time.

Some of our players are playing for 2 by carrying others because we can't afford to bench guys who are failing. We are being far too hard on this team and it's coach just now and frankly I find it sickening.

Our fans have no guts, they are cocky bendy fan boys who screech when they don't get what they want.

Higgins,Burrows,Lapierre,Hansen,Schroeder,Pinizotto were really the only noticeable people for me last night

I found jensen looked lost but im sure he will bouce back

Sweatt is not NHL material and should be traded, he derseved that minus 1 last night

The Cancusk need to make some moves this deadline which will make them a better team and free them up some cap for the offseason.

Neither goalies are to blame for this year's performance. If you look at the numbers and the saves each of them make then there should be no question that they are like the kipper of calgary or price of montreal last year. Look at how hemmed up we were in the 1st period vs SJ, honestly I thought the first real offensive chance we got in the game was like 17m at the 2Period...and it's not like we put all our resources on the D like Nashville pre-suter trade

Last year, we averaged 3.04 goals a game and allowed only 2.41

This year, we are averaging 2.61 goals a game and allowing 2.58 - basically the same for and against.

We are scoring less and allowing more.

So no, the goalies can be blamed for allowing more goals against this year.

Archived