The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why the Vancouver Canucks will not get past more than 2 rounds.

ember

In a ideal world, that would be true. Bieksa/Hamhuis 2010/11 was one of the best pairing in the NHL.

After that, you had Edler-Salo... Not bad, if Edler could play in his own end from time to time.

Then Ehrhoff-Rome/Alberts/Ballard... Needed a true shut-down guy with Ehrhoff.

Garrison, Bieksa, Hamhuis and Tanev have a reputation of being able to be shutdown defenders.

I believe if Bieksa picks up his game and returns to 2010/11 form, and Garrison can stabilize Edler like Hamhuis does to Bieksa, then the D-core is looking solid.

Also for Hjalmarsson and Oduya not being that great.. they aren't flashy, but they are a legit shutdown pairing, and have been so valuable to the Hawks this year. You need guys who provide nothing but defense, like Scuderi, Mitchell, Gill, Hjalmmer, Oduya, McQuiad, Ference, etc...

So because I like the Flames too I'm not allowed to criticize my #1 Nhl team? I haven't mentioned the Flames once but just because I have a logo of a different team they're my favourite? So does that mean Patrick Kane should be banned for posting with another team's logo?

Archived