The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

We need to give SOB some credit here, he has a very tough job being player agent for the entire league. I'm willing to step in and help if need be (we can split it up by conferences) or if more people are available we could even do it by division.

When I was doing my free agency tirade only 2 GM's of the 30 we have were having issues. For the most part people will accept their player's are going to test free agency as long as a decent reason is provided.

Yeah pretty much. In all honestly, I'm fine with whatever we end up doing.

I like SOB's proposal but we should have a minimum amount of games played for UFAs in the minors so they'd count towards the number allowed to sign before July 5th (1st day of FA).

For example: Winchester has played 28 games for the Wild and 21 for the Aeros...I think that he should count towards the number thing.

Actually, I think that if the pending UFA has spent any time in the AHL for the season, or was signed late into the season, the player should not count towards the UFA count.

Also, I think that if any trades occur for a pending UFA, then that should also not count towards the UFA count and should be dealt with differently. They owe the team nothing, so those UFA's should demand 100% market value or walk. A take it or leave it offer from the agent.

We need to give SOB some credit here, he has a very tough job being player agent for the entire league. I'm willing to step in and help if need be (we can split it up by conferences) or if more people are available we could even do it by division.

I had thought about proposing this to VC and SOB. Not because I think SOB does a poor job(he does a great job) but more because it is alot of work for one person to be the agent for the whole league. If enough people were willing to be agents then I think an agent for each division makes sense.

I had thought about proposing this to VC and SOB. Not because I think SOB does a poor job(he does a great job) but more because it is alot of work for one person to be the agent for the whole league. If enough people were willing to be agents then I think an agent for each division makes sense.

Problem is that there's not going to be enough consistency if there are too many agents...

Problem is that there's not going to be enough consistency if there are too many agents...

Well the agents can talk to each other to find a consistent price for free agents and teams could provide comparable contracts as well.

Ya Agents would definitely have to communicate with each other and try use comparasions so all signings are fair.

Of course we still have to wait to see if VC and SOB are ok with having more agents.

In response to the UFA predicament brought up earlier, it was something I had considered.

It will be pretty easy to tell which players that have been used regularly, and which are just trying to boost up the UFA #.

Teams wont be able to just sign players or call them up to boost their UFA #, 13th forwards and 7th dmen will only count if they were used to some extent.

I hope this clears it up somewhat

Archived