The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

If the *VC* does have a rule based on age Sven, you really have no ground to argue on because there's no reason for an exception to be made for you.

just presenting my case as always

it was VC that gave me the nod signing both of these guys, as he had no idea of the rule being any draftee passed over can sign with any team

and im just saying Euros shouldn't be any different in a sim league especially given the fact anyone can play in the AHL here

Euro's are different, PHIL tried to signed Thomas Hyka IRL the same way but since he came from a Euro club they couldn't.

I think Hyka could not be signed because he was still draft eligible, not because he played on an Euro club.

The rule on signing undrafted players in this league doesn't have anything to do with where they play (CHL, Euro...), it has to do with age.

I wonder what would happen during the 2017 draft and further on. Would we just use fictional players and BPA draft picks? I can see this league surviving so it got me wondering how the future drafts.

I think Hyka could not be signed because he was still draft eligible, not because he played on an Euro club.

The rule on signing undrafted players in this league doesn't have anything to do with where they play (CHL, Euro...), it has to do with age.

Hyka was both still eligible to be drafted and coming out of a Euro league, which is why Philly couldn't sign him

Lispsbergs played in the CHL in his draft year

Lipsberg is a 2012 draftee passed over when he played in europe that came over for his 19 year old year to the CHL

We discussed in tinychat last night some options we might consider for future drafts. Like maybe just do a draft every 2 years or something. We all have enough players/prospects to last us for quite some time. EHM works too.

We discussed in tinychat last night some options we might consider for future drafts. Like maybe just do a draft every 2 years or something. We all have enough players/prospects to last us for quite some time. EHM works too.

You'd still have to use EHM for the players, but a bi-annual draft would slow the amount that created players are being brought into the league at least. It would also force teams to try and develop some of their later round picks.

canucklax is almost right, though whether the rule applies is based on nationality, not where the player plays.

edit: Actually, I might be wrong on this part. I'll have to check.

The rule in the NHL (unless it changed after the latest lockout) is that undrafted North American players with draft eligibility may sign with any team during a specific time period in the offseason.

Undrafted Europeans can be invited to training camp, but are not allowed to sign with a team until they've lost their draft eligibility.

Regarding both Chase and Lyamkin

I knew before hand a player who was under a certain age could still be drafted in a NHL draft however I wasn't aware that part of the rule states that players can still be signed by an NHL club if they have been past over in their eligible draft year regardless of their age (not sure yet if it is different if the player is NA or European)

Although I would like to follow these guidelines I can't as I have already turned down some player signings due to age and players still being draft eligible

At this time the Chase and Lyamkin signings will not be put through

Archived